Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #871
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannej613 View Post
We only have one day, and want to hit the major rides outside of Harry Potter before it gets really busy. (going Thursday October 26th) My boys really want to do all the Harry Potter stuff and hope for a walk in lunch to Three Broomsticks. How long do you usually spend in harry Potter World? Allowing for the rides, maybe the Ollivanders show (I read get there ASAP) and of course looking at everything there?

Would you do Harry Potter World before everything else and hope for an early lunch at maybe 11:00? If we went to Harry Potter fist and wanting to try and eat lunch there that would be like 1.5-2 hours in harry Potter.

And then hit all the other rides, which we do have the fast pass.

Or hit the major rides without fast pass first, then harry potter?
I answered on your IOA thread also. Get to Fantastic Journey right away, do it until you want to stop. That won't be easy. FJ is not an Express Pass attraction. FOr us this week everything else has been walk-on with the Express Pass. We actually quit doing MIB yesterday out of guilt as we kept passing the same people over and over waiting in the long regular line!
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #872
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
I answered on your IOA thread also. Get to Fantastic Journey right away, do it until you want to stop. That won't be easy. FJ is not an Express Pass attraction. FOr us this week everything else has been walk-on with the Express Pass. We actually quit doing MIB yesterday out of guilt as we kept passing the same people over and over waiting in the long regular line!
Forbidden Journey, lol.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #873
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Forbidden Journey, lol.
You got me. But it is pretty Fantastic! And what I meant by it won't be easy to do it until you want to stop is YOU WON'T WANT TO STOP!!
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #874
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
You got me. But it is pretty Fantastic! And what I meant by it won't be easy to do it until you want to stop is YOU WON'T WANT TO STOP!!

It is easy to see why you called it Fantastic Journey. It is a very cool ride!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #875
leannej613
Earning My Ears

Great, thank you so much! We will plan to head that way first then! Also our fast pass isn't the unlimited so we will only be able to use them once on the rides that allow them. But as long as we make it on I am ok with that

Everyone on these boards are so amazing and generous answering all of the questions! I wish I had more time to plan for this but... we will make it work thanks to you all!
leannej613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #876
Libby
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful thread. I've seen a few people mention bookings for the 3 broomsticks but I can't work out how to make them. We are staying onsite if that makes any difference.

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #877
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
What a wonderful thread. I've seen a few people mention bookings for the 3 broomsticks but I can't work out how to make them. We are staying onsite if that makes any difference.

For lunch and dinner, Three Broomsticks is counter service. For breakfast, you can make a reservation with concierge at the hotel.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #878
hazlnut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hotel express passes will only be honored once per day on the Forbidden Journey. TM's will scan your hotel key to regulate usage.

At this time it is unclear if the purchased express passes will be honored at all on the Forbidden Journey.
Is this still the policy.

And with early entry is it best to just use the regular line then use you 1 express pass later for a 2nd ride?
hazlnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #879
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
Is this still the policy.

And with early entry is it best to just use the regular line then use you 1 express pass later for a 2nd ride?
Oh gosh, that never even happened!!! That is what was rumoured to happen though.

There are no express passes at all on Forbidden Journey.

I suggest riding it during early park admission if you are staying onsite.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #880
hazlnut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh gosh, that never even happened!!! That is what was rumoured to happen though.

There are no express passes at all on Forbidden Journey.

I suggest riding it during early park admission if you are staying onsite.
Thanks, staying at Hard Rock -- what time is the early admission?

Do we need to sprint there or as long as we're inside before general opening r we ok?
hazlnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #881
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
Thanks, staying at Hard Rock -- what time is the early admission?

Do we need to sprint there or as long as we're inside before general opening r we ok?
Early admission is an hour before opening. I would make sure you are there about 20 minutes early. They often open 15 minutes early.

I would try to make sure you get the full early admission hour in. It will save you a lot of time waiting in line...especially at Ollivanders.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #882
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

I was one of the lucky ones to have visited during the soft opening back in 2010. I booked at HRH and spent 6 glorious mornings at HP...and I will admit I was SMUG ( bad bad Denise ) knowing that I got to see it before the general public.

( I don't like this smugness trait of mine, but honestly it comes from being a vacation-commando-anal-drive myself nuts planplanplan person who LOVES it when a plan comes together )

We am going to Disney July 2013 and my daughter declared that she will miss one day at Disney and head over to HP. I decided to surprise her and tack on a visit to Universal pre Disney for her 21st B-day. I'll do the onsite stay for the perks..I was going to take her to Vegas, but hey, if she loves HP so much I can't fault her.

Are they still refilling the butterbeer mugs if you have one? I have 10 and really don't need another one...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #883
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

August

If we can't stay on site for EE, are we better off going to HP first thing in the morning or wait til later in day (in Aug 2013)? How long would you guess the wait for Olivander's and FJ to be?
TIA.
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #884
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post

I was one of the lucky ones to have visited during the soft opening back in 2010. I booked at HRH and spent 6 glorious mornings at HP...and I will admit I was SMUG ( bad bad Denise ) knowing that I got to see it before the general public.

( I don't like this smugness trait of mine, but honestly it comes from being a vacation-commando-anal-drive myself nuts planplanplan person who LOVES it when a plan comes together )

We am going to Disney July 2013 and my daughter declared that she will miss one day at Disney and head over to HP. I decided to surprise her and tack on a visit to Universal pre Disney for her 21st B-day. I'll do the onsite stay for the perks..I was going to take her to Vegas, but hey, if she loves HP so much I can't fault her.

Are they still refilling the butterbeer mugs if you have one? I have 10 and really don't need another one...
Yes, you can still get the discount price for refills.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #885
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

Can wheelchairs and ECV's go into Olivanders and see the show? Have been told on another part of the boards that people were being turned away by the Cm's. Is this the correct answer or a misinformed Cm?
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: