Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #46
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygirl13

Now a little bit of the outside world is creeping it way into my fantasy world and I don't like it one bit.
Agreed 100%
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
thumbalyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #47
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetePanMan
speak with your wallets if you don't like the change and then Disney may reconsider. My guess is that just like DCA it will be extremely popular...
Exactly. This is a good opportunity to really support the Joffreys carts. Maybe if WDW sees more money going to them....?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #48
emacosta1
Earning My Ears

As long as I can get my 3 inch thick rice krispies and yummy pastries to take back for a.midnight snack I wont go postal on the cute little starbucks girl lol
emacosta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #49
liquidsky88
There's a mouse in the house!

Why in the world would Disney replace an iconic bakery with a commercial coffee shop? It destroys the magic you get walking down Main Street. My wife and I have always made this our first stop every year we go. I get selling Starbucks coffee in the bakery, but changing the name too? What's Disney have in store for us next, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe changes to Applebees?
Married in DisneyWorld July 4th 2003 at the Wedding Pavilion
Honeymooned at the Yacht Club & Wilderness Lodge July 2003
Port Orleans-French Quarter New Years 2004-2005
Hilton Walt Disney World New Years 2006-2007
Port Orleans-Riverside April 2008
Hilton Walt Disney World New Years 2010-2011

liquidsky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #50
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

The info I read this morning from folks who have seen what they did at Disneyland is that they're not really replacing an iconic bakery with a commercial coffee shop. All they're doing is rehabbing the bakery as they would have otherwise, and when it reopens it'll serve better coffee.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #51
frozone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria3 View Post
I'm so excited that they finally annouced dates/locations just wish they were opening sooner.
Same here!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #52
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetePanMan View Post
speak with your wallets if you don't like the change and then Disney may reconsider. My guess is that just like DCA it will be extremely popular...
Agree! Vote with your dollars---I do on a daily basis. It was really hard to do at first, actually. I kept wanting to just give in and settle for what was convenient and available at the time. I'll keep walking instead of stopping at the Main Street Bakery. It think it will be popular as well, unfortunately.
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #53
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

If this has been posted already sorry. I didn't read all the posts. But guys, please sign this petition!

http://www.**********************walt..._receipt#share

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #54
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I don't have any problem with S Bucks in general. In fact, I love S Bucks and am a regular customer. However, it doesn't match the theme of Main Street. I don't care if others say there is corporate branding already. Mainly what I've seen is Edy's, Coke, and Smuckers. All of which remind me of iconic images of Americana. S Bucks doesn't. It reminds me of technology, Seattle grunge music, and people writing on their laptops drinking coffee. Is that in the least bit nostalgic? No, it's not and it doesn't match Main Street. This area should not be modernized. It should stay classic and retro.

Now the Epcot location is fine because Epcot is more about modernization. S Bucks fits the theme. That's my beef.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #55
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

The responses on the Disney blog are for the most part negative. I responded myself, kept it very civil, but the moderator on the disneyblog opted not to post my response - I suspect the negatives are so overwhelming they've stopped posting most of them. I really hope the Disney folk are listening.

I do feel the Main Street Bakery badly needed a refurbishment. The seating was a mess and there was too much unused open space near the circular cooler that could have been put to better use. It also needs a draw to keep the money flowing all day long and adding some decent coffee drinks there makes a lot of sense.

What I worry about is that it will become a homogenized bakery location like all the other spots. My family is very very picky about where we eat outside of the villa. The Bakery is one of the few eating spots we can all agree on. I have my fingers crossed they don't ruin it.

As for the Fountianview - I fear the worst, but hope for the best. Again, it is one of the few spots my kids will sit and enjoy the location with me.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #56
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug
The responses on the Disney blog are for the most part negative. I responded myself, kept it very civil, but the moderator on the disneyblog opted not to post my response - I suspect the negatives are so overwhelming they've stopped posting most of them. I really hope the Disney folk are listening.

I do feel the Main Street Bakery badly needed a refurbishment. The seating was a mess and there was too much unused open space near the circular cooler that could have been put to better use. It also needs a draw to keep the money flowing all day long and adding some decent coffee drinks there makes a lot of sense.

What I worry about is that it will become a homogenized bakery location like all the other spots. My family is very very picky about where we eat outside of the villa. The Bakery is one of the few eating spots we can all agree on. I have my fingers crossed they don't ruin it.

As for the Fountianview - I fear the worst, but hope for the best. Again, it is one of the few spots my kids will sit and enjoy the location with me.
i'm surprised to read this. if you are very picky about food, surely you must recognize that the baked goods at MSB are subpar and the coffee is terrible.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #57
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I am excited! I can't wait to see the finished product.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #58
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

My 13 year old niece said Walt is rolling over in his grave. My sister is disappointed saying everything on MS is turn of the century & that is gonna take away the magic. DH & I are gonna be sad when we can't get our ice cream cookie sandwich. This news is HORRIBLE!!!!! Why can't MSB just SERVE starbucks coffee & call it a day!!!??? This is worse than the McDonald's fry wagon they used to have.

Now I can get Starbucks @ Cedar Point in OH,an Target store,Right next to the Sunoco gas station up the road & on Main Street @ MK.

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kona is 100x better anyway.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #59
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

& P.S. I'd be all for Starbucks @WDW but absolutely NOT on MS @ MK!!! NO! NO! NO!!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #60
maggiemoos
Mouseketeer

As a Starbucks fan and a coffee fan in general I have mixed feelings about this. When I was there in July, I took Starbucks Iced Coffee and just mixed it in my water bottle every morning, in order to have a morning jolt of caffeine. That worked for me. Plus the idea of hot coffee in hot weather makes me nauseous. Leave Starbucks brand stuff for the airport, when we have to return to the real world. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.
maggiemoos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: