Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #872
jabead
DIS Veteran

Tonight Cyndi (cyndiloveswalt) & family were at Magic Kingdom and had dinner at...

The Plaza Restaurant

First a menu pic...

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger served on a flour-dusted kaiser roll with bacon, grilled mushrooms and onions with French Fries

Cyndi said, "This burger was my DS14's. He had just picked it up and I asked him to put it down for a pic but it was so big he said he couldn't put it back down."

Cyndi had...

Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread

Kids' Cheeseburger and French Fries for DS9

Cyndi said, "DH had the Cheese Steak sandwich, but was too quick for a picture.
Everything was good as usual, fresh. We also had a great server!

And Cyndi sent a bonus pic of the train at the Germany pavilion at Epcot's World Showcase.
There are F & W Festival booths and even a cranberry bog.

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned for the Menu Pic

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #873
jabead
DIS Veteran

Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) & Andrew were at the Contemporary Resort tonight to have dinner at...

California Grill

As a preview to her Dining Review, Vicki sent a picture of her dessert...

Caramel Corn Creme Brulee
Zellwood Sweet Corn Custard, Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream, and Caramel Corn Brittle

Vicki said, "Delicious...it was soooooo good! Well worth the month I spent trying to get the ADR."

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #874
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead
Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) & Andrew were at the Contemporary Resort tonight to have dinner at...

California Grill

As a preview to her Dining Review, Vicki sent a picture of her dessert...

Caramel Corn Creme Brulee
Zellwood Sweet Corn Custard, Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream, and Caramel Corn Brittle

Vicki said, "Delicious...it was soooooo good! Well worth the month I spent trying to get the ADR."

That looks RIDICULOUSLY delicious!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #875
jabead
DIS Veteran

For their last meal of the trip, Ellen & family had dinner on the Boardwalk at...

KOUZZINA

First some menu pics...

Ellen's Cocktail...

Kouzzina Ouzo-tini featuring Absolut vodka, Metaxa ouzo, pineapple juice, fresh lime juice and pomegranate served in a sugar-rimmed martini glass shaken and served tableside

Ellen said, "I loved it!"

Bread Basket

Ellen said, "Their bread is nothing great...even with the two extra-virgin olive oils."

Olives

To start, Tyler had the...

Avgolemono Soup - Traditional Egg-lemon Soup with Chicken and Orzo

Sean had...

Sweet Potato Fries

They shared this...

Crisp Calamari and Lemon - Coated in three Flours with smoked tomato and onion salsa

Ellen said, "Ty, Pods, & I all tried a lemon slice...they were sooooo good!"

They also shared...

Saganaki - Flamed Greek cheese with lemon and oregano

Ellen said, "This was also really good."

For their entrees, Sean had...

Two orders of Macaroni and Cheese

Ellen said, "Our server was awesome tonight. She brought the first order of mac 'n cheese out soooo fast."

Pods chose the...

Kouzzina Trio - Tasting size portions of Greek-style Lasagna, Char-grilled Lamb Burger, and Cinnamon-stewed Chicken with Orzo

Ellen said, "This was his favorite meal of the trip."

Ty, Tim, and Ellen had...

Braised Short Ribs over smoked Feta-mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables

Ellen said, "Tim just did not like it, but Ty and I enjoyed it very much."

Dessert & Dessert Cocktail Menus...

For dessert, Ty had this...

Chocolate Budino Cake - Warm Molten Chocolate with Seasonal Sorbet

Ellen said, "He said it was really good."

Ellen added, "Timmy had a hot dog from the Boardwalk to Go kiosk for dessert.
Tim hit the wall tonight...can you tell???"

Let's see that's 2 menu points, one for the cocktail, one for the update from Kouzzina, and one for Tim's hot dog from Boardwalk to Go.

5 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #876
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our last update today is from Roma.

She and her DH were at the Wilderness Lodge tonight and had dinner at...

Artist Point

First some menu pics...

As a preview to her Dining Report, Roma sent us a pick of their shared appetizer...

Smokey Portobello Soup with Roasted Shiitakes, Chive Oil, and Sourdough Croutons

Roma said, "We both declared it tasted like bacon turned into soup...so smokey with the perfect hint of salt. Using the bread to wipe the bowl was a must. We couldn't dare let this masterpiece go to waste!

Roma said, "After dinner our very kind waiter brought us a champagne toast for our one year anniversary tomorrow."

1 Scavenger Hunt Point for the Menu pics

Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #877
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

That soup is enough motivation to make me want to book Artiste Pointe. Of course, it's too soon to even start making ADR's for our next trip. I have three more months to think and rethink and plan and replan, and then schedule and adjust!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #878
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our first update of the day is sadly the last "live from Disney World" update from Ellen for this trip.
I believe that Ellen and her family are now at the airport, waiting to board their flight home to New Jersey.

Her update this morning was from the...

Belle Vue Lounge

Note from jabead: For those of you not familiar with it, the Belle Vue is located at the Boardwalk Resort. It serves as the resort's lounge at night, with a bartender on duty from 5:00 p.m. - Midnight. However in the morning from 6:30 a.m. - 11:00, you can get a continental style breakfast there that includes breakfast pastries, fruit, cereal, and beverages. Snack credits can be used and you can use your refillable mugs to get your morning coffee fix...as I have personally done many, many times. Oh, and their breakfast pastries come fresh from the Boardwalk Bakery. Though the selection is not as extensive as that offered at the bakery, it is usually a much faster option to pick up some standard breakfast pastries like muffins, cinnamon rolls, danish, and

these two that Ellen chose...

Caramel Pecan Sticky Bun

Ellen said, "I had to get a couple to make leaving a little easier today. Have you ever had one? They're from the Boardwalk Bakery and sooooo moist and gooey, with so many nuts. Tyler had one the other day and said it may be the greatest thing he has ever put in his mouth!"

While I've never had the BB Sticky Bun, I have had this next pastry and can personally attest to its yumminess.

Chocolate Croissant

So that's all for now from Ellen, but she will try to email more pics (taken with her camera) to me once she gets home to New Jersey...hopefully her internet will be working. I will therefore hold off on the usual send off and with totaling her massive number of Scavenger Hunt points for awhile. But speaking of internet problems, Ellen tried several times to email the aforementioned pictures to me both while at AKL and the Boardwalk but had no success. Another former reporter, chocolateMinnie, who was at the Beach Club resort from 10/27 - 11/3 also had problems sending updates by email after her first day or so at Disney World. So yesterday she emailed me the week's worth of updates from her trip. I'm going to post these, if not today then definitely this week, so stay tuned for those. Thanks chocolateMinnie!

1 "First Update of the Day" Scavenger Hunt Point Earned by Ellen

Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #879
jabead
DIS Veteran

Another update received this morning was from Cyndi (cyndiloveswalt).

She and her family attended EMH at Magic Kingdom last night and had ice cream treats from the...

Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

The "Plaza" Ice Cream Sundae - Ice cream (they chose Cookies 'n Cream) topped with Hot Fudge, whipped cream and a cherry served in a freshly made waffle bowl

Mickey Mouse Kid's Cone with one scoop of ice cream (he chose chocolate)

Cyndi said, "Three of us shared the sundae and DS8 had the Kid's cone. YUM!"

2 Scavenger Hunt Points for two new snacks to add to our list

Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #880
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. I will be doing live updates for Dec 8-15th. I have a PTR done that has all my schedules ADRs listed so you can see what I will be reporting on!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...2#post46680662
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #881
krhst25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariep26
Hi everyone. I will be doing live updates for Dec 8-15th. I have a PTR done that has all my schedules ADRs listed so you can see what I will be reporting on!
My family and I have 3:40 reservations at Coral Reef on Friday the 14th.... Maybe we will bump into you!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #882
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariep26 View Post
Hi again! Just want to let you know that I also locked down another trip for Feb 25-March 1. We have minimal ADRs for this trip so we are going to fly by the seat of our pants on this one. May make for interesting reading

I know you aren't full recruiting for February yet but wanted to post while I was thinking about it!

I'll get your trip added to the February list. We will have to see how it goes the next couple months, but if I'm still doing this thread by the end of February then I'd love to receive your updates again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Barb! I'm back from Vegas and just caught up with 12 PAGES of yummy live updates!!!! Glad to see some of the live reviews from some familiar Disers as well as some wonderful photos of BOG and the food offered for that new place.

Thanks for keeping this live thread going!!

I told Linda that I'm in for a Nov. Dismeet... just need some dates and I'll definitely be there.

Hi Brenda...welcome back! How was Vegas, did you win any money? I'm very excited about the Nov. meet, but I did see Linda's post on Nicki's thread that her boss was giving her a hard time about taking time off in November. Hopefully it will all work out though. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed and calendar open for next November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Vicki, you forgot the ice cream You should have had Todd order it for you lol! I wonder if they will continue to have it in just 26 days..or maybe a gingerbread one!

So glad you are enjoying the F&W, make it a yearly thing!
Hey Nicki! I know you aren't doing your dining review live on your December trip but if you would consider doing a few live updates for this thread, please let me know. Though the reporter schedule is full at that time, I would definitely squeeze you and Todd in. The Scavenger Hunt will be over by then, but I have something else in mind for the December team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamara View Post
That looks RIDICULOUSLY delicious!
I thought so too and told Vicki how very jealous I was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
That soup is enough motivation to make me want to book Artiste Pointe. Of course, it's too soon to even start making ADR's for our next trip. I have three more months to think and rethink and plan and replan, and then schedule and adjust!
Hi GM! Good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you and hoping that you came through the storms okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariep26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
My family and I have 3:40 reservations at Coral Reef on Friday the 14th.... Maybe we will bump into you!

It would be funny if I received Coral Reef updates from both of you at the same time.

I have a couple of F & W Fest updates from Vicki and Candice but need to run some errands this afternoon. I'll get them posted, along with any others I receive while I'm out, tonight so please check back then.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #883
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hi Brenda...welcome back! How was Vegas, did you win any money? I'm very excited about the Nov. meet, but I did see Linda's post on Nicki's thread that her boss was giving her a hard time about taking time off in November. Hopefully it will all work out though. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed and calendar open for next November.
Hi Barb! No, I didn't really gamble because I was too busy with conferences, parties and clubs - oh the life! I posted a few photos of my dinners on my DR! It is a horrible habit to take photos of your food when eating at nice restaurants!

I saw Linda's note so I'm on stand-by for now. I'll likely be going earlier in the year but can book a shorter trip later. I just have to leave time for a family cruise in late summer or early fall.

Enjoy your Sunday my friend!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #884
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Urgh - my "lovely" new boss has issued a directive that nobody can take vacation in November!!

After several days of trying to talk him round I've had to admit defeat and switch my vacation dates

I spent all of Friday on the phone changing flights and hotels so we now going to be in WDW for the first two weeks of December 2013

The plus side is that we get to enjoy the Christmas festivities but the down side is that I'm probably not going to be out there at the same time as everyone else

Anyone free to meet in Alaska in June!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #885
jabead
DIS Veteran

Candice sent this update this morning regarding the F & W Festival Culinary Demonstration that she and her DH attended.

Candice said, "We attended the culinary demo with Warren Brown yesterday. He showed us how to bake a blueberry bundt cake. He was a good speaker but the cake wasn't all that good. Maybe it was just not to our taste? They served wine (Jarvis Merlot) as well, but the servers actually forgot to give me a glass (after asking me to take out my ID too). I'm not really into red wine so I didn't complain (also because it was hard to get the servers attention)."

Blueberry Bundt Cake

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: