Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh boy what an exciting morning! I always like to try for those early flights also, because I love having the whole first day too. However that does not make a 5 am wake up call any earlier!

Yay for the Beach Club, I can't wait to see the pictures!

Oh and I LOVE your curly hair, it is so pretty!
Thank you! I love those early flights, but I definitely despise the wake-up call that goes with it. Though it is much easier to bound out of bed when it's time to go to Disney World than when it's time to go to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ahhh, yes, it's only 13 days away, can't wait! You know, I saw a shirt similar to that in the little girl's section at Target, and I was SO mad they didn't make them for adults, and it turns out they did! Maybe I'll go there tomorrow before the hurricane gets here!

(Oh, I just followed you on twitter, I feel the need to tell everyone I'm following because I feel like they're not going to know who I am! I'm @minnie_ears!)
I'm glad you followed me on Twitter so I could follow you right back. I hope you're going to tweet all the fun you're having on your upcoming trip. I hope you guys have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr View Post
Thanks for posting the pic. You look beautiful with both hair styles!!
Awwww, thanks! You're making me blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YAYYYY for arriving! One of the most exciting moments of the vacation!!!

It's always so nice knowing you have all those days at Disney ahead of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
Congratulations!! We were in the world 10/11-10/14 to celebrate DH's 50th b-day. Where else to celebrate life's big events?? I think we saw you at MK one day. I've seen your pictures on the DIS. I wanted to come over and say HI- but you guys were having your picture taken by a photopass photographer by the bridge to Tomorrowland. I didn't want to interrupt! DH said you'd think I was a stalker or something going up to a stranger and saying hi, but I told him that if I said hi to a Disser you'd understand!!

I wish you would have said hi! I love Dismeets, especially the spontaneous kind! I hope your DH had a wonderful birthday trip. You guys were lucky, you arrived just after the heat and humidity finally broke.

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #32
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer

Hello! I'm here!

I can't wait to see all the pictures! I am SO excited about your engagement and your ring is just gorgeous (WAY TO GO Frank-a-lin!)

Waiting patiently for the next update!
PrincessAmongPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #33
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Good lookin' out going to bed at a reasonable hour for the trip, now that you actually can!

Man, I wish I could zonk out on a plane, but I just can't! No sleep for me!

20 AP days is pretty impressive! I think the most I clocked one year was 35. Insane!
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #34
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Missy

Subbing on...lovely beginning...

I can't wait to hear how your trip and engagement story unfold...

You are staying at my two favorite resorts... Beach Club (we just bought a small DVC contract there...) and the Animal Kingdom ...

BTW ... I think your hair looks pretty both ways -the less curly- wavy way in the picture on the London Eye and the Curly Curly way...

(I am a curly girl... I hated it when I was a little girl... but came to embrace it in my 20s---and didn't turn back... We have Merida now as a princess icon... it doesn't get curlier than that....

Looking forward to updates...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #35
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the engagement.

Can't wait to read all about your trip and see the pictures!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #36
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm in! And congrats! A proposal and a stay at the Beach Club... you've got me hooked! Coming back this weekend when I have some free time to catch up.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #37
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS, Missy & Franklin!!!!!!

Can't wait to read all about it!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #38
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmongPrinces View Post
Hello! I'm here!

I can't wait to see all the pictures! I am SO excited about your engagement and your ring is just gorgeous (WAY TO GO Frank-a-lin!)

Waiting patiently for the next update!

Hi Kel! Thanks for joining in. In case ya'll didn;t know, Kelley and I go waaaaaaaay back. She's going to be one of my bridesmaids and her adorable twin boys are going to be ring bearers in the wedding!

Thanks for your patience waiting for the next chapter, it's coming up next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Good lookin' out going to bed at a reasonable hour for the trip, now that you actually can!

Man, I wish I could zonk out on a plane, but I just can't! No sleep for me!

20 AP days is pretty impressive! I think the most I clocked one year was 35. Insane!
It really was lovely to finally get more than a couple of hours of sleep before a Disney trip! It felt like such a luxury.

I'm not one of those people who can zonk out anywhere (Franklin TOTALLY is, however), but early morning flights seem to always put me to sleep. It makes flights go waaaay faster.

35 days?!?! Holy crap! One day, sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Missy

Subbing on...lovely beginning...

I can't wait to hear how your trip and engagement story unfold...

You are staying at my two favorite resorts... Beach Club (we just bought a small DVC contract there...) and the Animal Kingdom ...

BTW ... I think your hair looks pretty both ways -the less curly- wavy way in the picture on the London Eye and the Curly Curly way...

(I am a curly girl... I hated it when I was a little girl... but came to embrace it in my 20s---and didn't turn back... We have Merida now as a princess icon... it doesn't get curlier than that....

Looking forward to updates...

Thank you so much for joining in! Congrats on your new DVC contract, BCV is AMAZING! We own at BWV and BLT and I thought we were good for a while on points, but I think I found a new goal: Enough BWV points for a yearly 10-day Food and Wine Festival stay in a 1-bedroom villa! Ssssh, don't tell Franklin.

Yay for another member of the curly-hair club. I do love my hair because I CAN wear it curly or blown out straight. My little sister is totally the opposite -- her hair is stick straight and even when she curls it, it falls completely straight, like, 10 minutes later. My hair can handle anything! Franklin mentioned that with my hair red again, I could have totally gone to the Halloween party as Merida! Might have to put that idea to use next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Congratulations on the engagement.

Can't wait to read all about your trip and see the pictures!
Thank you so, so much! It was such a fun trip. There's lots to tell and thousands of pictures to show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm in! And congrats! A proposal and a stay at the Beach Club... you've got me hooked! Coming back this weekend when I have some free time to catch up.
Yay! So glad you're in! The proposal and these fabulous resorts are fantastic reasons to join in. I'm about to put up the new chapter, I hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
CONGRATULATIONS, Missy & Franklin!!!!!!

Can't wait to read all about it!

Hi Joyce! So glad to see you here! I just noticed you started your October TR, I'll head over to start reading tonight!

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #39
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Checking In and Fueling Up

Hello friends! Itís been a long time, far too long! Life has been a little nutso. One month ago today Franklin proposed. Since then, weíve come home from Disney, found wedding planners, set a wedding date and even have found a wedding venue! Thatís right, we didnít waste any time. Youíve got to remember, Iím an uber-planner, so my Disney trip-planning skills have transitioned nicely to wedding planning.

But between that and my increasingly busy job, Iíve had very little time to be on the Dis. But Iím back and itís time to kick this trip report back into gear. After all, weíre going back to Disney in a mere 76 days!

We last left off (many moons ago) on Disneyís Magical Express heading toward Beach Club. I was so excited to get to try this resort. I had been able to cobble together three nights at this resort just a couple of months out from the trip (which if you have any experience with DVC, youíll know is practically impossible to do).

After much anticipation, we finally arrived!

Weíd been to Beach Club once before, for dinner at Cape May Clambake in March. But this would be the first time weíd get to spend any real time exploring the resort. And let me tell you, we were blown away. It was gorgeous. Very bright and airy.

Luckily, I was the first person off the bus, so we were first to get to the check-in desk. I say luckily because within minutes there was a line of about eight families behind me. Franklin and I had a pretty good strategy, I head for the desk, he waits to get our carry-on from under the bus.

Check in went very smoothly, we even had our requests granted: high floor, overlooking the DVC pool. Our villa wasnít ready, of course. So our first stop was the restroom so we could both change into warm-weather clothes and bathing suits. I said Iíd grab a seat and watch the stuff while Franklin took those beautiful photos you just saw. We were both hungry, but we had to wait for Amy from WeGoShop to deliver our grocery order.

She showed up just a few minutes later and we were able to stow everything -- our carry-ons and groceries -- with bell services. They also checked to make sure our new Ownerís Locker had arrived, as well as the box of stuff Iíd shipped from home.

With everything settled, we headed off to find lunch.

There was really only one place I would consider for lunch, it somewhere I was dying to try...

And heading out there, we go to catch our first glimpse of Stormalong Bay. Wow, what a pool!

The lovely CMs at Beaches and Cream told us it would be a 45-minute wait for a table, but if we wanted to sit at the counter, it would take just a few minutes for them to clean two seats.

Guess which we chose?

The counter! We were starving (and itching to get out and try that pool!), so we went with the quicker option. The counter seats were fun, mainly because you got to watch them build all the ice cream sundaes!

Franklin started with a root beer float, I had an iced tea.

The restaurant is really cute, but itís really small. I canít believe Disney hasnít found a way to expand it, given how popular it is.

Franklin went with the bacon cheeseburger and onion rings.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries.

The food was truly yummy! It was really a perfect meal to kick-start our vacation.
But you didnít think we could eat at Beaches and Cream and NOT get dessert, right?

We poured over the dessert menu.

And I pointed out the different sundaes that people had recommended to me. The one thing we had noticed, most of the sundaes were freaking HUGE! We wanted a sundae, just not a gigantic one. So we went with the brownie sundae, which was a smidge smaller than the rest.

Yes, it was as delicious as it looks. Our adorable waitress dropped off a to-go iced tea for me when she brought the check.
And I squealed when I saw the Halloween cup!

With our bellies full, we had a big, bad pool to attend to. But our pool adventure will just have to wait until our next chapter.
Tell me, have you eaten at Beaches and Cream? Which is your favorite sundae?

Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #40
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your engagement!! I am so super happy for you both I have followed your TR's in the past and always kept thinking to myself - when is Franklin going to propose?!!

I would love to stay at Beach Club Villas one day - we've always stayed at BWV and last two trips had views of YC & BC. We ate at Beaches & Cream on our last trip and we had the No Way Jose and you are right - their sundaes are huge! I agree they should expand the restaurant but maybe that's what makes it more popular. Can't wait to see pics of the pool (and what awesome pics Franklin took of the lobby )

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #41
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow, beach club is absolutely stunning!
I always wanted to get an ice cream at beaches & cream but I just never get over there. Next time for sure!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #42
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Congratulations, again, on your engagement. Sooo exciting! Love, love love all of those amazing Beach Club photos. Beach Club is my favorite resort (and DVC home resort) and a virtual trip there this morning was just what I needed.

I am right there with you on your goal of having enough points for a 10 day F&W trip in a 1 bedroom.

I'm surprised they haven't expanded Beaches 'n Cream also. So yummy. But I have a confession... I've never actually had ice cream there. I stuff my face too much with burgers, fries, onion rings etc. Will have to make it a point to remedy that next trip...

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #43
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Yay for wedding planning, I'm glad everything is coming together. Are you guys getting married in the DC area?

Yum, beaches and cream! I love their food and of course the ice cream too! I've never had the brownie sundae, but it looks just perfect! I've only had the no way jose, but next time I'd like try the milky way one. Perfect start to your trip!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #44
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hello friends! Itís been a long time, far too long! Life has been a little nutso. One month ago today Franklin proposed. Since then, weíve come home from Disney, found wedding planners, set a wedding date and even have found a wedding venue! Thatís right, we didnít waste any time. Youíve got to remember, Iím an uber-planner, so my Disney trip-planning skills have transitioned nicely to wedding planning.

Tell me, have you eaten at Beaches and Cream? Which is your favorite sundae?

So are you sharing the wedding date with the public yet? Or at least the year?

I, of course, adore the Beach Club pictures! These two are my favorites. I need to figure out how I am going to incorporate Franklin's pictures onto the FAQ thread.

The other thing I would like to include your dining review of Beaches & Cream on the Dining Page of the FAQ thread. I can't fit all of the pictures I want, so instead I have have been linking to dining reviews of others (with permission).

I'm surprised at how crowded checkin was. Glad you were at the front of the line.

You already know my deep dark secret about Beaches & Cream! I have never had a burger or ice cream there! I did have breakfast once. During our first trip to the BC in 2009, they were testing out B&C as a quick service breakfast spot. I really wish the trial had worked out. That is one thing that the EPCOT resorts could use- a CS place offering Mickey Waffles!

I'll be interested to hear your comparisons between the BCV and BWV after your stay.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #45
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Delighted to see a new TR, and wanted to say Congratulations to you both. Can't wait to read the details.

Your reports are the best - the combination of your writing and Franklin's Photos makes for a great read. I hope the proposal didn't interfere with Franklin's time to get fireworks photos

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: