Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #931
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Thanks Andre for this great thread and the web site. I cannot believe that after almost 2 year of lurking finally I will see the resort by myself.

Thanks to Venon for his helpulfs comments and "inside information.

Two nights more and we will be having a great time, because we are sure it will be fun. !!

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 11-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #932
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

I'm going to ask a silly question here.....
Is there any chance of getting turndown service at POR? My last 4 trips to WDW have all been at deluxe resorts (several CL stays), and one of my favorite aspects of these resorts was coming back to the room freshened up and the bed turned down. Is there any chance of this happening at POR?

Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #933
MARAJIM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Second, yes I would suggest faxing too. "Calling the resort" just gets you through to an off-site WDW call center, where they can only check what's showing on your computer reservation. If you fax 3-5 days out, your fax goes directly to the room assignment team at the resort who can block out a room for you if applicable.
Andre
Thanks for the response. So does anyone have a standard fax sheet request? Lay it on thick or just be very specific.

My DH doesn't land until 3:35 at MCO so after ME he will be getting there at later than the "regular" check in time. Unfortunately, Thursday afternoon is an odd time to check in! So maybe on-line is the way to go???
Old 11-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #934
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

In response to the posts about RR's looking worn already, one thing I noticed and felt upon staying in our Royal room in August was that it looked as if they rushed to get these rooms finished. One of the leaves on the lights above the sinks was pushed upward, there was an open gap between the moulding and wall in the bathroom, a hole in some grout, and the lightswitch plates were really away from the walls with a visible gap in between. I was overall happy with the room, but it left the impression that they didn't take their time to finish it right.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #935
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Thanks Andre for this great thread and the web site. I cannot believe that after almost 2 year of lurking finally I will see the resort by myself.

Thanks to Venon for his helpulfs comments and "inside information.

Two nights more and we will be having a great time, because we are sure it will be fun. !!
Yeah no problem I love to help. Have a magical vacation!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #936
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I'm going to ask a silly question here.....
Is there any chance of getting turndown service at POR?
Well for the price difference between a moderate and a deluxe for a couple of weeks, I could maybe fly over from the UK and turn down your sheets each night for you?

(Well you did say you were going to ask a silly question )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #937
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well for the price difference between a moderate and a deluxe for a couple of weeks, I could maybe fly over from the UK and turn down your sheets each night for you?

(Well you did say you were going to ask a silly question )

Andre
meee too!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #938
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I just posted a ton more pictures on the Riverside picture thread. There are still more to come, maybe tonight, maybe not until next weekend. Who knows!

Here's one of my favorites that I posted today.

POR 211 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr
Great pic!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #939
luvlife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick
In response to the posts about RR's looking worn already, one thing I noticed and felt upon staying in our Royal room in August was that it looked as if they rushed to get these rooms finished. One of the leaves on the lights above the sinks was pushed upward, there was an open gap between the moulding and wall in the bathroom, a hole in some grout, and the lightswitch plates were really away from the walls with a visible gap in between. I was overall happy with the room, but it left the impression that they didn't take their time to finish it right.
I was just wondering what building you were in? We are going in late January RGR, garden view. I was considering requesting a room close to bridge. Thinking that maybe I should request something farther out instead. I would think the closer rooms are just so much more popular.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #940
canadiankitten
First Timer!!!

Room Assignment Question

Hi All!
Just a question, DH and I have requested a Garden View room in the Mansions section, when I called Disney reservations to confirm everything (I'm a bit type A) The woman on the telephone told me that there are no garden view rooms in the mansion section, and that we would more than likely be placed in the AB section of the resort. Can anyone verify for me if this is true or false? We are going from Dec 3-10

We would ideally prefer to be in the Mansions section rather than AB, as this is our 5th anniversary trip, and they looked a little more "romantic" than the AB section.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and advice!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #941
finngirl
Earning My Ears

Yes, they have garden view rooms in the mansions. In fact, you can actually book those - they are an upgrade from standard rooms. We had garden view rooms at Acadia House in May, and Magnolia House in October. They were both very quiet locations, with nice views of the landscaping.

I don't know if the cast member meant that if you hadn't paid for the upgrade, you wouldn't be assigned that type of room, but if that's what she meant, that's what she should have said. I hope you get the room you want - good luck.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #942
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlife View Post
I was just wondering what building you were in? We are going in late January RGR, garden view. I was considering requesting a room close to bridge. Thinking that maybe I should request something farther out instead. I would think the closer rooms are just so much more popular.

That was my exact logic and I requested Parterre instead of Oak (plus I thought the fountain and garden were prettier). We got upgraded from garden to riverview in the center of the building. AWESOME location! Beautiful view, convenient to elevator, parking lot, and walkway to bridge. I didn't think it was particularly far to walk to south depot, quiet pool, or main areas.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #943
luvlife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick

That was my exact logic and I requested Parterre instead of Oak (plus I thought the fountain and garden were prettier). We got upgraded from garden to riverview in the center of the building. AWESOME location! Beautiful view, convenient to elevator, parking lot, and walkway to bridge. I didn't think it was particularly far to walk to south depot, quiet pool, or main areas.
That sounds so beautifully! How great that you were upgraded to riverview I think you just made up my mind, lol. No matter where we are I'm sure it will be great.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #944
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlife View Post
That sounds so beautifully! How great that you were upgraded to riverview I think you just made up my mind, lol. No matter where we are I'm sure it will be great.
Thats the spirit! If you have questions we are here!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #945
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiankitten View Post
Hi All!
Just a question, DH and I have requested a Garden View room in the Mansions section, when I called Disney reservations to confirm everything (I'm a bit type A) The woman on the telephone told me that there are no garden view rooms in the mansion section, and that we would more than likely be placed in the AB section of the resort. Can anyone verify for me if this is true or false? We are going from Dec 3-10

We would ideally prefer to be in the Mansions section rather than AB, as this is our 5th anniversary trip, and they looked a little more "romantic" than the AB section.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and advice!
Def untrue! Sorry that CM was giving out false info. There are most def GV rooms in the mansion section.

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: