Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #556
momsquad
DisneyDiva

Just wanted to throw my 2cents into this. . .

We got back a week ago. LOVED the photo pass plus! Exchanged our voucher in the camera shop at DCA. CMs were great. Knew just what to do. Reminded me to take a pic of the card as soon as I got it.

Agree with those that mentioned the card falls off the lanyard easily. Mine did. Never lost it fortunately, but be aware.

LOVED having the ride photos! I always wanted those photos, but would never spend the monies on them before. That alone made it worth the investment! Additionally the Surf's Up photo was nice. Only one pose, kind of bummer. Glad I have it, but NEVER would've spent the money on the package by itself. Again a nice "plus."

In the end, VERY glad I purchased the PPP. Would definitely do it again. Unfortunately my next trip is to WDW. Still debating if the added cost there is going to be "worth" it.

One extra tip - PP Photographers seem to be at a minimum on Sundays in the parks. At first I teased my kids thinking they were distracting me from noticing the photographers (it was our 4th/last day and I feared they were tired of posing). They laughed at me, but assured me they were not put out and that they also noticed fewer photographers around. So if your day includes a Sunday - and you want photos, you'll have to seek and find!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #557
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Thank you for info! Did you pay for the photo package first?
No, they didn't make me pay first. They all seemed very familiar with the PhotoPass+ and knew that we weren't supposed to pay for it.
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #558
ty71803
Earning My Ears

Questions

We are going with my brothers family. Can we share
A photo pass or do we each need our own?

Do they only give you one card or is it possible
To have 2 cards so you each have one to scan.

Thanks do much!
ty71803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #559
mgrace79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty71803
We are going with my brothers family. Can we share
A photo pass or do we each need our own?

Do they only give you one card or is it possible
To have 2 cards so you each have one to scan.

Thanks do much!
You only get one card. And the card holder has to be present. All though you can add addition photo cards to the photopass plus acct to add too the cd. But as far as ride photos you'd have to write down the photo # and the card holder go back w/in 24 hrs to have it added. At least that's my understanding.
mgrace79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #560
vbecky
Mouseketeer

So if I buy a photo pass I can have any picture taken by someone in park the rides and character meals all put on CD?

Disneyland 12/12 staying at Grand California
past
Disneyland 7/11 stayed at Park Vue Inn, Disneyland 1 day trip 7/10 stayed at BWPPI, Disneyland 7/09 stayed at BWPPI, Disneyland 8/08 stayed at Grand California, Disneyland 6/07 stayed at Grand California,
Disneyland 5/05 stayed at Grand California
vbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #561
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrace79 View Post
You only get one card. And the card holder has to be present. All though you can add addition photo cards to the photopass plus acct to add too the cd. But as far as ride photos you'd have to write down the photo # and the card holder go back w/in 24 hrs to have it added. At least that's my understanding.
That's correct. You can only get one plus card, but you can get as many regular photopass cards as you want. So the photos around the parks would be no problem. The ride photos and character meals would be the things that would be a problem. You don't need any ID to use the plus card so you can hand it off as needed for the ride photos. It would be a bit of a hassle to go back and add ride photos, but I think I would share rather than spend another $70.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #562
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

We just got back and LOVED having this card. Had no trouble with it falling off at all. We just made sure whoever went on a ride had the special pass then put other photos on my AP if needed for PhotoPass pictures when we all weren't together. A little surprise. I had the lanyard on when we took grandkids on Maters and when we got off a PP photographer asked to scan my card as he had taken pictures of us on the ride. Nice!
Aslo..they have BOATLOADS of PP photographers around. I've never seen this many out and about.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #563
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
We just got back and LOVED having this card. Had no trouble with it falling off at all. We just made sure whoever went on a ride had the special pass then put other photos on my AP if needed for PhotoPass pictures when we all weren't together. A little surprise. I had the lanyard on when we took grandkids on Maters and when we got off a PP photographer asked to scan my card as he had taken pictures of us on the ride. Nice!Aslo..they have BOATLOADS of PP photographers around. I've never seen this many out and about.
How fun. I hope they will do that for us. Good reason to wear your lanyard that way they can pick you out of the crowd.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #564
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsquad View Post
Just wanted to throw my 2cents into this. . .

We got back a week ago. LOVED the photo pass plus! Exchanged our voucher in the camera shop at DCA.
Where is the camera shop at DCA now? It used to be right across from Soar'n. Is it still?
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #565
Ancient Purple
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
We just got back and LOVED having this card. Had no trouble with it falling off at all. We just made sure whoever went on a ride had the special pass then put other photos on my AP if needed for PhotoPass pictures when we all weren't together. A little surprise. I had the lanyard on when we took grandkids on Maters and when we got off a PP photographer asked to scan my card as he had taken pictures of us on the ride. Nice!
Aslo..they have BOATLOADS of PP photographers around. I've never seen this many out and about.
This was our experience as well. We kept running into photographers who were more than happy to take photos. For the four to five days we were in DLR, we ended up with nearly 180 photos taken by staff photographers.

Pre-paid PP+ was the best deal of our trip!
Ancient Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #566
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

We went mid October and there were quite a few Photopass photographers in DCA, although I wouldn't say tons, but they were pretty scarce in DL. It sounds like others are having different experiences but I just wanted to share mine so people aren't counting on having tons of photographers around. Maybe we just hit a bad couple of days but I really had to hunt down the photographers in DL.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #567
Geemo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Purple View Post
This was our experience as well. We kept running into photographers who were more than happy to take photos. For the four to five days we were in DLR, we ended up with nearly 180 photos taken by staff photographers.

Pre-paid PP+ was the best deal of our trip!

180 photos on the PPP for $69? Seems like a nice deal.

Geemo
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #568
belle'ssister
Belle's Sister

We were there in August and DCA had lots of photographers. We had several pictures taken around Buena Vista Blvd. Also Carsland, by Little Mermaid, on the wharf and Hollywood Backlot. Not as many in Disneyland.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #569
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneymoney View Post
Where is the camera shop at DCA now? It used to be right across from Soar'n. Is it still?
It's to the right at the very front of Buena Vista Street, next to the bathrooms there.
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #570
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneymoney View Post
I can't remember the name, but it is right at the front, to the right hand side, by the lockers. Julius Katz? don't recall...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: