Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
tggrbuny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHSNAPaduck View Post
Water is the only thing included at my current apartment. Electric can be anywhere between $70 to $90 depending on the month, weather, etc. So not too expensive.

Legacy Dunes and Village at Towncenter have washer and dryers in the apartments, which is AMAZING, and they do not charge extra. [some places will add on like $70 a month to have them]
No matter where you go, I recommend finding a place that has a washer and dryer in the apartment and that doesn't charge for it. It is a lifesaver, I never realized how big of a deal it was until I had to go to the community laundry facilities for a year and that is just a pain.
Since this is a vacation community...how did you connect with the owners. Is there a central office that introduces owners to renters?
Thanks
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeDoesDisney View Post
Seriously AnimalKingdom you are like my lifesaver right now

Looks like we will be concierge's together in the spring I cant wait!!!
Yes, I know!! I totally cannot wait!!

Disney College Program
~Spring 2013 Concierge~
AnimalKingdomDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeDoesDisney View Post
Thank you sooo much I was actually looking into Cagan Crossings. You guys dont find that its that far from Disney? How long does it take you to get there?
It does take about 20 minutes to get to Disney from Cagan Crossings ... more or less depending on where at WDW you work. It's a trade-off you have to consider ... the apartments that have a better location are more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHSNAPaduck View Post
Currently living at Legacy Dunes and have no complaints so far, but only have been here for two months. It all depends on who you rent from here though, the people that own the apartment can either keep the place amazing or have it be just a way for them to get extra money. [The people at Legacy Dunes do not rent out their apartments, they are technically like vacation condos so they really have no control on how the inside of the apartments look].
I moved out of Legacy Dunes in 2009. I had lived there since 2006, before they were sold as condos. It started out as a pretty good place, but then they went condo, and changed management companies 2 or 3 times. Each management company was more disorganized than the last, and pretty non-responsive.

At one point, the management company promised that we'd get new carpets if we renewed our lease, then when we asked them about it, they kept saying "it'll be done soon" ... It was never done.

They also didn't give us back our security deposit when we moved out, without ever providing notice of why the deposit was being retained (as required by FL Statute). We (my roommates and I) thought about pursuing legal action, but in the end, it was too much hassle.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

I live in Saint Cloud right now but looking to get closer to work (at Disney) when my lease expires. I'm really interested in Cane Apartments and Cagan Crossings. Anyone know what the neighborhoods are like around those?
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #20
BoardWalkBelle
DIS Veteran

Check Buena Vista Place apts...directly across from MK cm parking lot.
BoardWalkBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Does Celebration have any condos/apartments that you can rent?
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: