Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #2491
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
OK, so the wish granters came last night, and Prescott's #1 wish to go to Disney World and #2 a new handicap accessible swing set. However, wish granter said that she didn't anticipate a problem with Disney World! So, now we actually belong here. Our dates were requested were in the end of March! Can't wait to find out!!!!
I made my daughter's swing set. Not sure how to explain the "swing", but when I was at my sisters' in Sacramento, California years ago, on her patio they had this chair like ha-mick (spelling?) material hanging. It was so comfortable. I thought that, this pretty much fits any body and allows anyone to sit in it even if they can't sit unsupported because it supports you no matter what. So, I got her one of those and then a friend and myself built her a swing set to hang it from out of wood. It's been perfect. I will see if I can find out the name of her "swing". It was under $100, and to make the swing set wasn't very much at all. Material is waterproof. We've had it for 10 years, maybe a little longer and its still going strong!

Good luck on Disney World and your dates!!

Disney Cruise on the Dream Ship December 22-26, 2013.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #2492
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
Elsa recieved GKTW mail today But it is now hidden until we have our party a few days before we leave. 3 weeks from today we leave our house

you sparked my attention with this lol whats GKTW mail? lol Our trip was booked and planned so fast i feel so out of the loop and lost in many ways yet i cant stop researching and reading and watching videos. i am such a planner and im going nuts lol

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #2493
Emmaswishtrip
Earning My Ears

OMG!!!!! The limo is leaving at 4:15am!!! How am I going to sleep?? I do have a few reoccurring moments of "am I crazy for this trip?" Then I just think of how much fun we are going to have and start to breath again! ❤❤❤

Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #2494
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
you sparked my attention with this lol whats GKTW mail? lol Our trip was booked and planned so fast i feel so out of the loop and lost in many ways yet i cant stop researching and reading and watching videos. i am such a planner and im going nuts lol

The letter is just a cheery confirmation letter. the cool part is it lists all your names and makes it feel real. My ten year old loved getting hers.

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #2495
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
We got a brochure with our names and arrival date.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #2496
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaswishtrip View Post
OMG!!!!! The limo is leaving at 4:15am!!! How am I going to sleep?? I do have a few reoccurring moments of "am I crazy for this trip?" Then I just think of how much fun we are going to have and start to breath again! ❤❤❤
I think we r getting a limo to take us to the airport, but I am concern because I wasn't planning to take my daughter's carseat, so how does this work? MAW knows we are not taking her carseat.

I have an idea, but does anyone know if its the same company that picks u up when u return that took u to airport?

I just don't know what to go about this.

They have rented us an accessible van in Orlando to transport her w/c, and they did ask if her chair collapses and can fit in a trunk for going to airport.

thank you.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #2497
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Just have to start with this!!

Can't find my dancing Bananas though - just want to happy dance for everyone who has trips coming up yay!! Only quoted a few below, cause there are actually so many great posts!!

Quote:
OK, so the wish granters came last night, and Prescott's #1 wish to go to Disney World and #2 a new handicap accessible swing set. However, wish granter said that she didn't anticipate a problem with Disney World! So, now we actually belong here. Our dates were requested were in the end of March! Can't wait to find out!!!!
Yay wish granting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
Elsa recieved GKTW mail today But it is now hidden until we have our party a few days before we leave. 3 weeks from today we leave our house
So exciting!! Didn't know about this!

Quote:
Yippeeeeeee!!! - really it should be the dancing bananas...can't find them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
The letter is just a cheery confirmation letter. the cool part is it lists all your names and makes it feel real. My ten year old loved getting hers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaM View Post
We got a brochure with our names and arrival date.
That's pretty neat, can't wait for Chatterbox to get hers!!

Chatterbox was a little under the weather this week. But I wasn't sure at one point if it was going to stay low key, or develop into something much worse...such is a life of a heart parent

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 11-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #2498
DelanaAndKyra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
Very cool! Kyra will love that! she loves getting mail of any kind!

Kyras MAW PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post45857749

Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #2499
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are going to have a wonderful trip. Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1 View Post
Chatterbox was a little under the weather this week. But I wasn't sure at one point if it was going to stay low key, or develop into something much worse...such is a life of a heart parent [/COLOR]
Sorry she wasn't feeling well. Hope she is much better now.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #2500
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

So many of you about to embark on your magical trips!!! SO EXCITED!!!
Dancing bananas for all!!! (and y'all better hurry up and post pics as soon as you get home!)
:b anana:

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #2501
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I never sleep the night before!! How exciting hope your trip is very magical! Have fun!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #2502
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats!! We are also waiting to hear back after meeting with our wish granters. Waiting is the hard part! Hoping we both hear something soon!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #2503
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

We have been back from our trip for two weeks now and it was so amazing. So much more than I could have ever imagined!! I think Cade smiled more in those days we were there than I have ever seen him smile. It was definately magical for him. I am going to try to do a trip report.

Things have been very busy since we got back. Cade had a new MRI of his brain - some changes, but nothing major. An appointment with new GI doctor to see if we can make some improvements with the things going on there. A regular pediatrician appt b/c he got sick - thankfully it wasn't anything major.

Hello to everyone new! Can't wait to "meet" all of you!

Wish Trip October 20-26th!!!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 11-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #2504
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

So many families are leaving on their wish trip right now. I am so excited for you all! I can't wait to hear all about your magical trips and to see pics!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #2505
KaylaM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtokcc View Post
We have been back from our trip for two weeks now and it was so amazing. So much more than I could have ever imagined!! I think Cade smiled more in those days we were there than I have ever seen him smile. It was definately magical for him. I am going to try to do a trip report.

Things have been very busy since we got back. Cade had a new MRI of his brain - some changes, but nothing major. An appointment with new GI doctor to see if we can make some improvements with the things going on there. A regular pediatrician appt b/c he got sick - thankfully it wasn't anything major.

Hello to everyone new! Can't wait to "meet" all of you!
That is so awesome!! So glad you guys had a great time, and that things have been going well since you've been back with just a few little issues that arose.

Looking forward to reading your trip report.

We leave a week from tomorrow.

Any suggestions, recommendations that are a must there?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: