Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Angry JCPenney disney snow globe - NO MORE :<

The 2012 Black Friday ad has been leaked and this year JCPenney decided no longer continuing with the Disney snow globes.

I've been getting them for the last 12 years I think (first one in 2000? - I remember there were four different ones that year).

This year, JCP decided to give out buttons that will have a code you can check online to see if you won something.

Search for BFADS in the NET
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I just saw that. How sad. I really did not like pictures in the ads. Notice that they open at 6 am.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

NOOOOOOOOOI have every one also. It was the main reason I went out BLack friday. This is terible news

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Anyone else wonder if JCP is trying to go out of business? They keep doing away with the things people loved and kept going back for.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

awwwww i love those! i am only missing a few of them too! (have some duplicates of a couple of years even.) my dd and i have some great memories of getting those.
one year they decided to place them on the second floor about 15 feet from he escaltor. it was kinda scary when things bottlenecked. I guess they got tired of folks like me who woud cut through jcp get the snow globe and hit the disney store across the way in the mall so they wanted us to se the stuff they had before. we did usually head back and get a few sweaters on the way out of the mall.

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Zhoen
Princess in Shining Armor

Wow. I agree, they are TRYING to go out of business. Ever seen "The Hudsucker Proxy"?

I liked the snowglobes in theory, but the glass was SO thin, ours always broke.

My first BF after I was first married, so that would make it 1996... hitting all the sales was essential if we were going to do Christmas... and Penney's had something I wanted to get... as we walked through the door, someone handed me a white porcelain Christmas ornament with a Norman Rockwell picture on one side, and a sticker on the back that you pulled off for a surprise discount. I wasn't expecting than, and it wowed me. We were just starting out, and had so few ornaments... I still have it and hang it every year.

I just took a minute to look through the BF ad. It's safe to say I will NOT be going to JCPenney's for BF this year. Very sad, it used to be one of my favorite stores all year... and on BF, I would always find something good... but marking a $7 towel $5 and acting like that's amazing? Pfft! Maybe Kohl's will do better....
Zhoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
Anyone else wonder if JCP is trying to go out of business? They keep doing away with the things people loved and kept going back for.
ITA - and from the news lately they're doing a fine job of it

J.C. Penney Co. is hoping it has hit rock bottom.

The bad news keeps getting worse for the struggling department-store chain that on Friday reported a wider third-quarter loss than Wall Street expected on a nearly 27 percent drop in revenue. That marks the third consecutive quarter of big losses and sales declines as customers continue to show that they're unhappy with Penney's decision this year to ditch hundreds of coupons and annual sales in favor of everyday low pricing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...3#.UJ79J4dZWSo

Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

Oh no!! that has been a tradition with my DD and me since she was a little girl! She is going to be so disappointed. Well guess we won't have to go to Penney's this year. We never set out for anything but the globe BUT we always ended up buying a bunch of stuff once we got there. I think we spent over $150 last year, they had boots and bra's on sale and a few other things.

I think they are going to be very sorry. I know I am.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
goldie_ears4
Earning My Ears

Very disappointing. Guess I'll cross them off the list. We did a lot of shopping there last BF, but I have not seen anything I am interested in for this entire year now.

March 2011
June 2008 WL
goldie_ears4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
StacieDreaminODisney
Mouseketeer

lol I am so glad I found this thread! I was complaining to my mom about this earlier!

We loved starting our black friday shopping at JCP for the snowglobe....but we would always end up making a purchase, too.

This year, it looks like we will be skipping it. Their ad doesn't look impressive. I'm sad to see a tradition end!

ETA: JCP used to send out special "thank you" coupons for local law enforcement a few times per year, and we would always go buy something, but we've missed those this year, too. I wish they would go back to their old marketing plan!

Last edited by StacieDreaminODisney; 11-10-2012 at 09:43 PM.
StacieDreaminODisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran

I went to Penney's today. Was not impressed with the store and told my sister that we can just skip it for Black Friday.

I also remember the Rockwell ornaments. I loved those, the snow globes not so much.

Tina
ENSOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I also made it a point to go to Penneys on BF, get the globe and do some shopping. With all the other disappointments from that chain lately I see no reason to return.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

I went there last week, you could hear crickets it was empty did not buy anything very depressing....

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Well that just means I can sleep in this year. This was the ONLY reason I got up at 4am. There are NO SALES that are worth the crowds.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Boo, Santa gave those snowglobes to my kids every Christmas!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: