Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #211
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

With all this wailing and rending of garments going on, I would like one single person that is complaining to show me solid evidence that the traditional Main Street Bakery goods will no longer be sold.

I have no doubt that while all is said and done, everyone will be able to continue to gorge themselves on their cinnamon buns.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #212
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
Can you not get ice cream cookie sandwiches anywhere else in MK? I thought you could. or at least I hope so, even if I can't have the ice cream part!
They sell them at Sleepy Hollow.
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #213
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

At first I was upset about hearing this but really, it will still be the first place I go for my morning coffee in the MK and now I will actually enjoy it.

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
lvstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #214
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
I don't have a problem with corporate sponsorship in the parks, but Main Street should be a little more special. I would hate to see everything changed to appeal to hipsters and Tweens.
I am with you!

aesalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #215
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesalsa View Post
I am with you!
I would hardly say Starbucks is for the 'hipster' or 'tween' ... its been going for 40yrs.
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #216
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Are you sure. this story said the main street bakery will close for refurbishment and reopen as a Starbucks. That says to me that it will be more like my corner starbucks than Main street bakery.

I'm just a gal that likes unique items a places. I've only been in starbucks on the East coast and the one in jersey is exactly like the one in Philly.
I'm thinking that they may not have chosen the best wording. If you look at the pictures in the link in my previous post, the place in DCA that sells Starbucks looks nothing like your corner Starbucks.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #217
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I'm thinking that they may not have chosen the best wording. If you look at the pictures in the link in my previous post, the place in DCA that sells Starbucks looks nothing like your corner Starbucks.
But it looks nothing like MSB either.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #218
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I would hardly say Starbucks is for the 'hipster' or 'tween' ... its been going for 40yrs.
In my neck of the woods, that is who I generally see enjoying their goods. I have nothing against Starbucks. I don't care for their products, and I know that I am in the minority with that, but I just hope that Disney somehow maintains the integrity of the history and STORY of Main Street, U.S.A., with this change.

aesalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #219
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
But it looks nothing like MSB either.
Because it looks like the place they were adding it to. They're two different stores with different looks. The point was that they kept the original look.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #220
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Change is hard for many people and I get it.....I am really looking forward to getting coffee in Disney instead of having the option to buy a cup of watery mud. I wont have to pack my own coffee/coffee maker going forward. I welcome this change, although the location is not ideal. I would have preferred that it be at the other end of Main Street, but adding congestion to that area is not the best idea.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #221
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Because it looks like the place they were adding it to. They're two different stores with different looks.
Exactly, they are very different and to me DL place looks more like SB with some Disney items and not like addition of SB to MSB.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #222
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Thank you.

It's like saying the ice cream on Main Street shouldn't be made by Edy's (or Dreyer's on the west coast) - everyone realizes that's right on the signage?

Wow, folks. We all knew SB was coming to the parks - NOT to replace Nescafe - they ALWAYS said each U.S. park would have one Starbucks LOCATION. Should they build one with a drive through in the parking lot or something?

It also makes NO sense to put one in a far corner of the park. When do people grab coffee? First thing in the morning as they arrive.

BTW, from the Disney Parks blog... "...there will be a selection of Disney favorites that you’ve enjoyed at the bakery over the years."

I'm also going to guess a good part of the "renovation" time will actually be training the CMs in SB knowledge, how to use the various machines, etc. Starbucks puts a ton of emphasis on consistency and quality control from location to location. It's not just a matter of replacing the Nescafe in the coffee pots.

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #223
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

I agree with you, but can see why people would have this impression. All of our local Starbucks are constantly filled with moms taking their 10 - 13 year olds and their friends for coffee, high school cheerleaders and young guys in business suits. I don't fit any of those categories and I do enjoy my Starbucks, but I can see where people would think that.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #224
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Exactly, they are very different and to me DL place looks more like SB with some Disney items and not like addition of SB to MSB.
Not sure how this looks like any SB I've been to here in NY:

or this:

It is themed to the location.

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #225
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy76 View Post
Not sure how this looks like any SB I've been to here in NY:

or this:

It is themed to the location.
We have a Starbucks on pretty much every corner in Vegas...not one looks even close to that.

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
lvstitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: