Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #211
MamaNeedsCoffee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna D View Post
I can add you in to my families....I just need to know names and ages....This is our first disney cruise too so I understand the excitement!! There are 5 Adults in our family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
I will see what I can do with mine to add you in... I need to know how many in your group,shirt size and fav characters please.

Justin
Apparently I don't have enough posts to PM but THANK YOU SO MUCH for being willing to include us in your swaps.

If you have a big thing like t-shirts you're planning, please don't feel like you have to include us since it's so last minute. I just appreciate having my kids participate and getting in on the fun.

My family is:
Tom
Amy
Chase - 5 y/o, loves Cars, Fox and the Hound, classic characters, Buzz Lightyear, Star Wars, Phineas and Ferb, Jake and the Neverland Pirates
Charlotte - 4 y/o peanut allergy all things Disney princesses, Tinkerbell, Minnie Mouse, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Let me know if you need anymore info from me.

I can get PM's just not respond so please let me know the info for your groups so I can start getting our stuff together. Thank you again, I'm so excited

Last edited by MamaNeedsCoffee; 11-09-2012 at 03:43 PM.
MamaNeedsCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #212
MamaNeedsCoffee
Earning My Ears

Ok I really apologize for not responding sooner. I kept checking back that night and then I got sick and didn't get back online. I didn't mean to leave everyone who responded hanging. I just scrolled back to try to get some ideas and saw how many of you replied to let us join your group and feel horrible to leave you all wondering and not replying. I promise I don't usually suck like that.

I sent the email with our basic info. Anyone still willing to exchange with us please just let ravensilverlight know. And again any big gifts that have been planned please don't worry about including us. We will love and appreciate anything, especially with the late notice.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #213
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNeedsCoffee View Post
Ok I really apologize for not responding sooner. I kept checking back that night and then I got sick and didn't get back online. I didn't mean to leave everyone who responded hanging. I just scrolled back to try to get some ideas and saw how many of you replied to let us join your group and feel horrible to leave you all wondering and not replying. I promise I don't usually suck like that.

I sent the email with our basic info. Anyone still willing to exchange with us please just let ravensilverlight know. And again any big gifts that have been planned please don't worry about including us. We will love and appreciate anything, especially with the late notice.
LIFE HAPPENS.
I know it seems that way sometimes, but we don't actually all live on the boards! We've all been there. Scroll through the thread...there were times when this thing went days or weeks without any action. It's all good.

*we now return to MY regularly scheduled hyperactivity and celebration of stupid things*
Got my photopass package today. That's the last bit of trip paperwork I was waiting on. We pre-ordered the photopass + for Disneyland; apparently I do not yet have enough pictures of DH and I looking silly with Mickey ears, with the characters, or watching Stitch pop up out of strange places. We haven't had actual pictures done in years - we just cruise and visit Disney!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #214
Brenna D
Earning My Ears

Quote:

No worries at all.....thanks for all the info and we look forward to meeting you all in 23 days!!! YIKES 23 days and so much to get done!!! One question, do we include who the FE gifts are from or it that a secret...this is getting SO exciting!! Cant wait!!
Brenna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #215
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

Quote:

got it thanks! I need to finish gifts this weekend as well, so I have you covered from our end
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #216
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
Exactly why I came here. I thought DH might be happy at least because "his" park hopper ticket has Mater on it and that's his fave from Cars...nope. Very "meh" reaction. Kills the buzz! I was ready to bounce off the walls and dance around the house clutching my luggage tags, and there he is, laying on the couch completely oblivious to the pixie dust.

I knew people here would understand. It's almost Mickey time!!!
I know right!! I loved the park hoppers. We even got a cool sling backpack since I used my Disney Visa. Hubby gets to use it though, as much as I LOVE sling bags, they always look like crap on me

So, I got really into making my FE gifts that I can't stop myself from making them . I have decided to make a small batch for the characters and cast members that I meet to give as gifts . I figure they make my day so magical that I can add a bit of my own magic to theirs Plus who doesn't want on Mickey's good side.
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #217
Tntwahines
Earning My Ears

Yay!

Quote:

Thank you for your family info! We've included your family in our FEs!
Tntwahines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #218
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Welcome aboard Amy and Family

as per anonymous gifts, I'm not really sure if it supposed to be a secret or not... this is my first rodeo

I didn't really sign my name, but all my gifts have orange name tags on them. Only color of cardstock in the house

Last edited by DISNEYaddict4evr; 11-10-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Because I am an idiot and can't think straight
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #219
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna D View Post
One question, do we include who the FE gifts are from or it that a secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
I'm not really sure if it supposed to be a secret or not... this is my first rodeo
It depends on what you want to do. I usually include my info somewhere, but it's just a poor ploy for attention because I make the gift on which I put my name! lol...

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #220
Brenna D
Earning My Ears

Ok thanks guys....I might put my name on a few but maybe not some of the tiny stuff....but I am sure we will figure it out LOl......this is my first Rodeo too
Brenna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #221
DISNEYaddict4evr

Question

I'm so excited for this trip

Sadly though I had to put a hold on one gift till next Tuesday since my boss at work has to help me with one step, but other that that I am ready to go gift wise. I love giving gifts, I'm told I'm quite good at it , the sucky part is that I will start my vacation on the 23rd and can't give any gifts till at least the 2nd of December . What if I can't wait it give all your gifts to the people at the Best Western Plus

I am so excited that I have plans to pack this weekend , the perks of living in a cold place. I can pack for this trip and not have to worry about my clothes since I am not wearing summer items I will hopefully be donning in a few weeks time.

So I have not lived in Cali for 9 years now, so the weather patterns evade my memory ...

For those of you close how is the weather now?
Should I plan to wear layers for mornings and evenings in Cali?
Will there be any rain or are you experiencing a drought as well?
How about gas prices?
Any other advice on things that have changed since 2003?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #222
MamaNeedsCoffee
Earning My Ears

Packing for Cali

I don't live in Cali but we have had annual passes for the last 3 years. Layers are your friend. Cali and Arizona are in the middle of perpetual summer right now so the highs are hovering anywhere from the mid 60's to low 80's in Anaheim next week. It's not expected to change much any time soon. Depending on easily you get hot or cold will determine the layers you need.

You get hot, you go for ice cream at Gibson Girl or the Saloon. You get cold you hot chocolate or coffee
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #223
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
I don't live in Cali but we have had annual passes for the last 3 years. Layers are your friend. Cali and Arizona are in the middle of perpetual summer right now so the highs are hovering anywhere from the mid 60's to low 80's in Anaheim next week. It's not expected to change much any time soon. Depending on easily you get hot or cold will determine the layers you need.

You get hot, you go for ice cream at Gibson Girl or the Saloon. You get cold you hot chocolate or coffee
Sounds perfect... it is snowing outside right now. I hate snow but we desperetly need the moisture
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #224
lopezlink
Earning My Ears

What is "FE Exchange"

I've never been on a Disney cruise before and I'm completely lost as to what an FE exchange is. Can someone help? It sounds like fun, sounds like some sort of meet and exchange of gifts (I LOVE making things!!) My husband and I are booked on Wonder for Dec 2nd... Can't wait!
lopezlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #225
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezlink View Post
I've never been on a Disney cruise before and I'm completely lost as to what an FE exchange is. Can someone help? It sounds like fun, sounds like some sort of meet and exchange of gifts (I LOVE making things!!) My husband and I are booked on Wonder for Dec 2nd... Can't wait!
Well lets see a FE or Fish Extender is a pocket of some kind that hangs on the fish hook outside your door on the boat. There really are no rules, you can give one or more gifts, there is also no restriction on cost. It is basically a free for all on what you would like to do. I think I could squeeze you in, though I think we are getting right at the cut off since I leave on the 23rd. Who is in your family? Names? Ages? Favorite characters? You can email Jen (ravensilverlight@yahoo.com) your info. I can't speak for the rest of the group though.

Check out these links for info:
http://blog.suchthespot.com/2011/01/...fish-extender/
http://pixiepranks-panstinkerbell.bl...-should-i.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: