Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
mamita
Mouseketeer
 
mamita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the D.R
Posts: 114

what happens if you get sick and have to cancel?

I am not sure on what to do. I have to make the final payment for our jan. trip but have now folowing a rutine mamogram undergone another compression mamogram and now was told i need a breast mri ( nothing has been found yet so crosing my fingers) but thinking of worst case scenario if i need to have surgery I don't know if I could be forced to cancel my early jan trip. what should I do. I can cancel because my sister would still go with her daughter and plane tickets hav been paid for.
mamita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,072

Can you maybe change it to a room only reservation until you get more information/results? Then change back to package if situation works out.
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,759

Do you have travel insurance?
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,518

The penalty is $200 if under 45 days on a package. They usually let you reschedule with no charge.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/boo...-package-2013/
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,206

If you are removing yourself and your sister is still going, within 45 days you'd hit a $50 change fee. Your flight would be nonrefundable for cancelling unfortunately, but that's the flight, not Disney itself.

If you change your trip dates you wouldn't get a fee. It's just the flights that are going to hit you with the biggest loss and change fees, etc.

PP asked if you had trip insurance. This would be something they would cover if you do and you could recoup your flight losses through them.

Good luck!
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamita View Post
I am not sure on what to do. I have to make the final payment for our jan. trip but have now folowing a rutine mamogram undergone another compression mamogram and now was told i need a breast mri ( nothing has been found yet so crosing my fingers) but thinking of worst case scenario if i need to have surgery I don't know if I could be forced to cancel my early jan trip. what should I do. I can cancel because my sister would still go with her daughter and plane tickets hav been paid for.
Did you purchase your air through Disney or separately? If you purchased air separately, you may want to consider taking yourself off of the reservation at this point and just adding yourself back on once you have more information regarding your situation. If air is included in your Disney package, I would not take yourself off as you will really lose $$ on the air. If air is included, I would add the insurance onto your package at this point just to protect yourself - it's $75.95 per adult and well worth it if you have to cancel. Hope everything works out!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
If you are removing yourself and your sister is still going, within 45 days you'd hit a $50 change fee. Your flight would be nonrefundable for cancelling unfortunately, but that's the flight, not Disney itself.

If you change your trip dates you wouldn't get a fee. It's just the flights that are going to hit you with the biggest loss and change fees, etc.

PP asked if you had trip insurance. This would be something they would cover if you do and you could recoup your flight losses through them.

Good luck!
I am hoping OP made her flight reservations separately from Disney package. Disney's flight cancellation/rescheduling policies are much stricter than if you book directly with the airline. It has to do with how Disney contracts with the airlines.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
I am hoping OP made her flight reservations separately from Disney package. Disney's flight cancellation/rescheduling policies are much stricter than if you book directly with the airline. It has to do with how Disney contracts with the airlines.
That or if she can still toss on the insur to have it covered.

Hope it works out OP!
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.