Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #1621
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Check out my new ticker!! Thanks Kook and Wood Nymph (you didn't know I was following along, did you ?)

This has been the longest week EVER and I'm so thrilled that I can spend tonight with a bottle of vino, planning out our resort time for our December trip.

We've been in December before, and my kids always swim, I usually stick with the hot tub, but I'll dip in once or twice.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #1622
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
I was thinking about booking a wagon ride for our group of 25.

Here is what i'm wondering about is this a good way to tour the campgrounds?? I read that they get all done up for the christmas holiday and would like to see it.

if we wanted to do the campfire marshmallow roast that starts at 7pm right??

Could I then book the wagon ride for say 8/8:30?? is an hour at the campfire enough time for a group of 25??
I don't have any experience with the wagon ride, but Here is some wagon ride info from the DIS:

Offered on a first come, first served basis, you can take an old-fashioned horse drawn wagon ride for a 45 minute tour of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

$8.00 (ages 10 and up); $5.00 (ages 3 - 9), No charge for children under age 3.

Children ages 3 - 11 must be accompanied by an adult

Departs from Pioneer Hall at 7:00pm and 9:30pm. On select evenings a fireworks ride will replace the 9:30pm outing

No reservations are accepted

Group Wagon Rides are $300 and can accommodate 30 to 35 guests. Advance reservations for Groups can be made up to 24 hours in advance by calling 407-824-2832.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Check out my new ticker!! Thanks Kook and Wood Nymph (you didn't know I was following along, did you ?)

This has been the longest week EVER and I'm so thrilled that I can spend tonight with a bottle of vino, planning out our resort time for our December trip.

We've been in December before, and my kids always swim, I usually stick with the hot tub, but I'll dip in once or twice.
It's tickerific!

Sounds like a perfect evening of planning and Pinot!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #1623
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

15 days away!!!!! Kids and parents are sooooo excited!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #1624
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Hi all! We arrived at WL Thursday night - and got some major pixie dust! We were upgraded from woods view to club level!! We didn't do a dining plan, so the club level has been awesome for breakfast and afternoon snacks - and happy hour and dessert too! Especially with our 13 month old...

Had a great day at MK yesterday - busy, especially in the newer areas - but we got there early and lines were doable.

No Christmas decorations up in the lodge yet! Keep hoping to wake up to a nice surprise one of these mornings!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 11-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #1625
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC
Hi all! We arrived at WL Thursday night - and got some major pixie dust! We were upgraded from woods view to club level!! We didn't do a dining plan, so the club level has been awesome for breakfast and afternoon snacks - and happy hour and dessert too! Especially with our 13 month old...

Had a great day at MK yesterday - busy, especially in the newer areas - but we got there early and lines were doable.

No Christmas decorations up in the lodge yet! Keep hoping to wake up to a nice surprise one of these mornings!
Very nice!!!! We're arriving in 14 days!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #1626
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post

Wow! That is some major pixie dust! What kind of view do you have in your club level room?
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, 1/2012 - First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR,
Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #1627
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is such awesome pixie dust!!! Congrats!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #1628
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC

Congratulations!!! That happened to us a few years ago. They get you hooked . We just left the CL a couple of days ago. Enjoy your time there
Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #1629
mslhb
Mouseketeer

Online Check-In Question

Online Check-In Question... How early before our arrival can we do on-line check in. We are staying club level. Should we do the early check-in or just skip it.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #1630
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Wow! That is some major pixie dust! What kind of view do you have in your club level room?
I assume we are in a woods view - we are looking over the VWL.

I forgot to mention that we had a really nice meal at Artist Point last night - great food and our waiter was great - sped things along since we were there with our 13 month old.

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #1631
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi all! We arrived at WL Thursday night - and got some major pixie dust! We were upgraded from woods view to club level!!
Oh how fun! I'd love it if something like that happened for us, but WL is so wonderful that any stay there is dreamy!

One of my goals this trip is to NOT over plan. We only have two nights and the party is our only park event. Would love some critiquing of my plan so far and suggestions:

Saturday, December 1. Drive to Wilderness Lodge. Arrive around noon. If our room is ready, we'll settle in, if not, we'll walk around and maybe ride a surrey bike.
2pm—lunch reservation at WCC
Pool time after lunch!
7pm—Chip & Dale sing-a-long and see decorations at FW campground.
Dinner via quick service--where? Is
Hot chocolate in the lounge.
Sunday, December 2. Party Day
9am Breakfast at Kona Café
See Beach Club resort decoration.
Swim
3:30 depart for MK (should we go over that early??)
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1632
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb View Post
Online Check-In Question... How early before our arrival can we do on-line check in. We are staying club level. Should we do the early check-in or just skip it.
I personally like online check-in. No good reason except it's so fun to know how close you are to your vacation I've heard others say that they avoid it if they have special requests that they want to make sure are met.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #1633
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb
Normally I would say go for it but you are staying CL where you check in on the 7th floor and its really personalize so because of that I'd say skip it
BTW 10 days before arrival for online check in!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #1634
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Starbucks will replace Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot:

This location will be closed March 2013 through Mid-Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant and cast member costumes will be themed to fit in with the futuristic atmosphere of Epcot. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #1635
aml3679
Kita's Mom

I just changed from POFQ to Wilderness Lodge next December 5-16 as a surprise for my dear husband for our 28 years together.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: