Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
amym2
DIS Veteran

Annoying alarm clocks

Is it just the DVC resorts that have the annoying IPod dock alarm clocks? We stayed at OKW and THV last month, and in both places the time of the alarm clocks was way off. It was not easy to figure out how to change the time, which I'm sure is why they were wrong. I looked up the instructions on my smart phone, and it turned out that I had to unscrew the plate on the back of the darned thing. I managed to do it at OKW, but it was too tight on the clock at THV and I didn't have a screwdriver.

Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if all resorts now have these. I'd much rather them go back to regular old clocks!
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

They had those on the Disney Dream cruise ship also.

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
Is it just the DVC resorts that have the annoying IPod dock alarm clocks? We stayed at OKW and THV last month, and in both places the time of the alarm clocks was way off. It was not easy to figure out how to change the time, which I'm sure is why they were wrong. I looked up the instructions on my smart phone, and it turned out that I had to unscrew the plate on the back of the darned thing. I managed to do it at OKW, but it was too tight on the clock at THV and I didn't have a screwdriver.

Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if all resorts now have these. I'd much rather them go back to regular old clocks!
Rumor is they are getting rid of them because too many are stolen.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I hate hotel alarm clocks! I bring my own travel alarm clock\white noise machine combo.
fla4fun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I no longer even think about them...they were never close to right. Now, I put my phone right next to the bed..use that instead.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
DVC Kelly
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I always use my cell phone as my alarm clock. That way I wake up to the same alarm sound at home and while on vacation.
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVC Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post

Our clock at BLT was wrong (by an hour) and I was able to fix it easily. I didn't need a screwdriver to open it up. Sometimes a dime will make a great screwdriver. What I couldn't do was turn on the radio when I wanted to listen to it one day.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Now there are (or were) some Disney alarm clocks whose time is much to easy to change.

Alarm rings. Reach for the snoose button and accidentally hit the hour button next to it which changes the time. Now the clock won't ring again and you oversleep and miss rope drop or miss your Magical Express bus.

Really, the time change should require holding down one button while pushing another, or require a pen or pencil point to push the time change button.

To think that some company made a handsome profit selling close to 2000 of those lousy clocks to Disney (I saw them at All Star Music which has that many rooms, that was just a few months after the resort opened).
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

iPhone 5

Lots of articles when the iPhone 5 came out. My understanding is that it won't work with the iHome charger/clock that hotels purchased in the past. The connector on the iPhone 5 is different. If resorts are getting rid of those things, as some people have reported, I wonder if that is part of the reason.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
Gary M
DIS Veteran

I always use the automated phone wake-up service and have found it to be perfect so far. We normally stay at the WL and it's very easy to use. It's simple to set, change or cancel the wake-up time.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Since we have iHome clock/radios at home, we didn't see any problem with them. It could be because we are used to them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: