Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #151
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
The angst about starbucks ruining the atmosphere of main street is hilarious! Right next to the Edy's Ice cream parlor. Lol.
I agree. WDW has always been full of corporate sponsorships. I just don't get the outrage. Looking at the pictures in the link above of the Starbucks at DL, they will still have classic bakery items as well as the addition of actual coffee. What's bad about that?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #152
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2004 View Post
I think we should wait to see how it is handled. For all we know it could end up Main Street bakery presented by Starbucks. Or Starbucks Main St bakery.

I think this is a case where Disney can't win. There must be hundreds of posts about the terrible coffee at Disney. If the baked goods are as popular as everyone (myself included) think they are, they will be available in the new themed Starbucks.
They haven't actually said they are closing Main St Bakery, the statement they have released have said it's being closed for refurb and re opening as a Starbucks location. I'm thinking that it will still be called Main St Bakery but I'am guessing, as it everyone else on these Starbucks threads. Aside from the limited information Disney has released about the WDW locations and what we already know of the DCA location, we don't know really that much of anything.

I'm fairly sure we won't end up with a castle turret with a Starbucks sign!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #153
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720L View Post
I'm guessing they will still have the cinnamon rolls, because the one in DCA had Disney items in with the Starbucks items..
The article I read said that the DCA location has Mickey cookies, but they are NOT made at the Disney bakery's. I would not count on Disney items at this location.

My suggestion would be to move the bakery to that little shop just inside the gate, but before the train station. It's the one on the left. People could get to it while waiting for rope drop. Since it's inside the gate everyone can get to it without leaving the park and that shop doesn't seem to do a lot of business.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #154
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora Fan View Post
The article I read said that the DCA location has Mickey cookies, but they are NOT made at the Disney bakery's. I would not count on Disney items at this location.

My suggestion would be to move the bakery to that little shop just inside the gate, but before the train station. It's the one on the left. People could get to it while waiting for rope drop. Since it's inside the gate everyone can get to it without leaving the park and that shop doesn't seem to do a lot of business.
The DCA location has many Disney offerings that are not Starbucks food, they are pure Disney offerings.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #155
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
The angst about starbucks ruining the atmosphere of main street is hilarious! Right next to the Edy's Ice cream parlor. Lol.
Thank you!! All of these "Walt would never approve" people reeeaaallly need to brush up on their Disney history. From the opening day of DL through the opening of WDW to today, Main Street has been a veritable showcase of corporate food sponsors with exclusive rights. Why was it OK for Kraft, Nestle, Carnation, Sealtest, Edy's, Coke-A-Cola, Oscar Meyer and Sara Lee to run shops on Main Street, but when Starbuck's gets the same opportunity, we are confronted with Armageddon? Hasn't Minute Maid been in Adventureland forever? Walt didn't lose his lunch over such arrangements.

Rant over. Just remember. You have no right to complain about people walking down Main Street with a Starbuck's cup in their hand while you are holding a Dole Whip in yours!
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #156
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I am a huge Starbucks fan, but this angers me. They could put it anywhere else like in Tommorowland. It would fit great there. I don't see Starbucks fitting on Main Street at all. It's supposed to be nostalgic. Starbucks is not; it's modern.

What's next? A wal-mart next to the castle?
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #157
Jabba20000
Mouseketeer

My family was disappointed in this because you can get Starbucks anywhere, but we are hoping they will keep some of our favorite baked goods. Keeping our fingers crossed we can see the MSB one more time on our early January trip.
Jabba20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #158
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Thank you!! All of these "Walt would never approve" people reeeaaallly need to brush up on their Disney history. From the opening day of DL through the opening of WDW to today, Main Street has been a veritable showcase of corporate food sponsors with exclusive rights. Why was it OK for Kraft, Nestle, Carnation, Sealtest, Eddy's, Coke-A-Cola, Oscar Meyer and Sara Lee to run shops on Main Street, but when Starbuck's gets the same opportunity, we are confronted with Armageddon? Hasn't Minute Maid been in Adventureland forever? Walt didn't lose his lunch over such arrangements.

Rant over. Just remember. You have no right to complain about people walking down Main Street with a Starbuck's cup in their hand while you are holding a Dole Whip in yours!
Or a Coke, or a Nescafe coffee, Or a Nestle TollHouse cookie.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
I am a huge Starbucks fan, but this angers me. They could put it anywhere else like in Tommorowland. It would fit great there. I don't see Starbucks fitting on Main Street at all. It's supposed to be nostalgic. Starbucks is not; it's modern.

What's next? A wal-mart next to the castle?
Ummm no Starbucks will be themed, possible even still as Main St Bakery. How is this different to Main St Bakery serving Nescafe?

Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #159
vacationer1954
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Am I the only one excited by this move?
No. Here and there you can see comments from those of us who like this change, mixed with the other comments. However, this is a Disney fan forum, so the vast majority of people who post here will be unhappy with anything that might change what they remember, this one more so than others because it is something that goes back so far.
vacationer1954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #160
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Eh. I'm sure the theming will be nice. I just hope they stay away from Starbucks baked goods. They're AWFUL!
I agree, totally dry and tasteless. I am not a fan of their coffee or their baked goods.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #161
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

THIS is the monstrosity that is getting people panties in a bunch? wow!

Like Josh uses to say, SHUT IT DOWN, VACATION RUINED.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #162
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THIS is the monstrosity that is getting people panties in a bunch? wow!

Like Josh uses to say, SHUT IT DOWN, VACATION RUINED.
It could end the parks as we know it. People canceling their holidays left, right and centre. The reason = Starbucks infiltrating their beloved Disney World and "replacing" Nescafe.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #163
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
No. Here and there you can see comments from those of us who like this change, mixed with the other comments. However, this is a Disney fan forum, so the vast majority of people who post here will be unhappy with anything that might change what they remember, this one more so than others because it is something that goes back so far.
But have these people at least looked at the link provided a few pages back? MSB will reopen with a different name but serving the same sweets and MUCH better coffee!! I don't get it why this so bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It could end the parks as we know it. People canceling their holidays left, right and centre. The reason = Starbucks infiltrating their beloved Disney World and "replacing" Nescafe.
Replacing that nasty stuff they call a coffee (or how I like to call it, NOCAFE) should be cause for celebration, it should even have a parade and fireworks to go with it!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #164
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But have this people at least looked at the link provided a few pages back? MSB will reopen with a different name but serving the same sweets and MUCH better coffee!! I don't get it why this so bad!
I don't understand either.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #165
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I don't have a problem with corporate sponsorship in the parks, but Main Street should be a little more special. I would hate to see everything changed to appeal to hipsters and Tweens.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: