Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

How early is to early is to early to start planning?

I'm not even engaged yet ( but I know it's coming ) and I'm obsessed with plannin and getting research. I have always loved Disney and never thought I could get married at the world but the more I look I think it's possible.

We are saving to buy a house so we don't want to get married till either November 2014 or November 2015... Leaning more to 2015. Is it too early to start planning.. A bit?
Belleoftheballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I say it's never too early to start gathering ideas. Pricing and package offerings will change between now and then, but the more research you do, the better idea you'll have about what you want when the time comes. I'd just avoid making any wedding-related purchases for a bit yet.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Never too early. I lurked around here for a good two years before I got engaged. It has been so helpful with gathering information. I agree that I wouldn't buy any major purchases until closer...I am waiting until next year.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I've been lurking here since 2008. I got engaged in 2010 and we are 3 weeks from our wedding! Our vision changed so much during this time, I agree about not purchasing anything until you're a bit closer.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!!! These replies make me feel better about my obsession hahahah.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
Belleoftheballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Plan away! I started looking at Disney weddings just to see what they were like, so that when the day came if I already knew it wasn't something we could afford I wouldn't have my hopes up, I'd already know if it would be possible or not. It became addictive to look at people's pictures and read their PJs and TRs so I kept going!! That happened to be (but I didn't know at the time) a year before I got engaged. I had read so many things by then that it became much easier to nail down what I wanted and what would be possible once I was engaged. I'm glad I did my research in advance! In hindsight I don't think I would have known where to start otherwise!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #7
saturdaygirl
Mouseketeer

i'm nowhere near engaged(i don't even have a boyfriend!) but i know i want to get married at disney world with a beauty and the beast theme, i think. i'd love for it to be on 12/13/14 but we'll see

saturdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

My DF bought me Carrie's book two years before he decided to pop the question. I started researching and then stopped for a while. I picked it back up early this year when he gave me a little push. Now that we're engaged, I have a really good idea of how I want everything to look and feel. We're still waiting to see if we got our requested date and we even know what food we want to serve! Of course, that may change when we go to our planning session.

I do agree with everyone that you should hold off buying anything until the date is closer. Styles change so much and you will probably change your mind a million times before everything is set. I know I have been.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
tweety1049
Earning My Ears

I'm not engaged yet either, but I know I want a Disney wedding. My boyfriend and I had our first kiss at SBP so that's a really special place for us. We're thinking about a wedding in early 2015, and i've already had so many ideas, and i changed my mind about 1000 times already Glad to know i'm not the only one with a slight obsession
tweety1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
jgh
Peter Pan!

I'm almost engaged...just waiting for the "official"-ness (i.e. a ring...and the question...LOL). He's been hinting not long (before New Years).

Everyone already knows it's coming. Everyone's even throwing out wedding ideas already.

We both know we want an at-home Disney wedding with a Disney Cruise and Disney World honeymoon. We're hoping for April 5, 2014 (which will be our 5 year anniversary).

So...no! It's not too soon to start planning in my opinion!

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one too!! I am also just wanting for the ring and question, LOL. We are thinking of a Disney wedding at Aulani with a Disney Cruise and a few days at Disney (to sure if world or land) for the honeymoon.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Never too early, my boyfriend and I have been together over 5 years now and I know we are having a Disney wedding. I started looking, researching, and taking notes of what I want a few years ago. This way when he finally pops the question which I think will happen before the end of the year I will already know what I want.
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
pegrad1
Earning My Ears

Wink

Thanks for the idea! I just put the bug in his ear. We have an incredible love story & now it's just a matter of time. We are almost five years in. Strange though that I'm actually comfortable with things just the way they are right now!

pegrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

With a Disney wedding I really don't think you can ever start the research too early. We've had a long engagement (a year and a half and we're still a little under a year from the wedding!) and while I felt impatient at the beginning, having time to read through all the PJs here, questions on the boards, Carrie's book, and just do general research has really been invaluable. We have just recently officially booked with DFTW and I know that had I not had that research time I would be totally overwhelmed right now. Doing the research gives you the best opportunity to take advantage of everything DFTW has to offer, especially while making the best of your budget!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: