Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
one2admire
Mouseketeer

Narcoossee's - Enjoyed the crab cake and the calamari. Had the filet and lobster as an entree and it was great!

Fulton's - DH had the lobster corn dogs, I had the crab cake. I hated I didn't get the lobster corn dogs. They were soooo good! If you change your mind on the crab legs, the Narragansett lobser was out of this world, subbed the potatoes with asparagus. Really good!

California Grill - MIL had the rock shrimp salad that was better than our sushi apps. I enjoyed the scallop entree. In our opinion, the filet here was the weakest.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - Best entrees of our trip. Wasn't really fond of their apps, we had the lobster bisque and the chicken noodle soup. They both were salty (and I love salt, so that says alot) but if I had to choose it would be the chicken noodle soup for an app. I had the ribeye and DH had the Porterhouse. I didn't care for the truffle mac & cheese that everyone raves about.

50's Prime Time - I really liked the crab cake here. The fried chicken was just ok. Nothing else really stood out.

ETA: Its been a while since our last visit to Flying Fish, I only remember the crab cakes and NY strip being good. Can't comment on the other as we haven't tried them....yet.
one2admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

You sound like me! I LOVE cheese and I would get the cheese plate an every place I could if I were you. Unfortunatley, I can't indulge right now because I am pregnant and anything unpasturized, not made in the US, containing mold (BASICALLY ANYTHING YUMMY) IS A NO NO!!

Narcoossee's - If it were me, I'd get the cheese plate for dessert. The lobster and corn bisque is super yummy, so I'd get that as my app! Oh and the lobster and filet as an entree

Fulton's - I agree, the crab legs are great and I would also get them for my entree. I've had the Mussels and Clams as an app and they are absolutely wonderful. I've also had the Lobster Bisque. It is also a winner. I'm not big on dessert, so I've never ordered one at fultons (or had the room to order one)

California Grill - I usually get sushi at California grill, although my go-to item is not on the menu anymore which is the Snake in the grass roll. I don't know if Yoshie will make it if you ask. Sometimes she will.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - I usually get the same thing here. The Lobster Bisque as an app and the filet with a side of truffle mac & cheese and creamed spinach for the table to share. The Banana Napoleon is not to be missed! It's amazing!!!

50's Prime Time - Cant go wrong with the sample platter here. A PB&J milkshake is a MUST!!!! SO YUMMY!!!!

Flying Fish Cafe - so many good thing to eat here. It's hard to pick. The mussles are the best on property if you want my opinion. The calamari is also wonderful. The dipping sauce makes the whole thing. The tomato and mozzarella is another favorite. It's very refreshing. Flying Fish changes up their menu a bit so they could also have some very good soups depending on what's being offered when you go. Depending on what I have as an app, my entree varries from either the NY strip or a special. Sometimes they have a pasta dish that I could order if it sound good. It just depends. The Banana Napoleon is outstanding. I also recommend the cheese plate here as a dessert.

San Angel Inn (lunch) - No recommendations. Haven't been in a very long time

Mama Melrose's - No recommendations. Haven't been in a very long time

Jiko - agree with previous poster who said the apps are really great here! I had the cheese plate recently (pre pregnancy) and really enjoyed it. I also like the Crispy Beef "Bobotie" Roll and Tibs in Brik. The filet is good here but the star was the Mac and Cheese that they use to serve with it. Now they serve Risotto which in my opinion does not even come close.

Future: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014
Completed: Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #18
meredith1
DIS Veteran

I'm with ya on the cheese plates, sister. You've chosen lots of the places were are planning on going, too!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #19
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Thanks Poohsfan!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
stevb
Mouseketeer

I had the potato wrapped snapper at Flying Fish and was pleasantly surprised. One of the best seafood dishes I have ever eaten.
stevb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
MagicKingdomMama
DVC Member since 2010

Yachtsman: you have to get the filet!! It is the BEST steak I've ever had and the sauce is amazing. I get every.single.time.

MagicKingdomMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rznhal View Post
Thanks Poohsfan!!
Your very welcome...I'm always happy to help .

PoohsFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: