Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

Another reader here.

I just found the report today and I just love your style. I am going on my second solo trip next month and I love hearing how others choose to spend their time. Hope to read more before I go next month.
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
Old 11-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

The only time you can find a completely empty bathroom in Disney

I waited maybe 15 minutes for the bus to the TTC from AK and once I got there, I finally started realizing how many friggin ramps there are in Disney!!! I don't know if it was because I was alone and noticed them or my ankles started off bad this time around. The outside bits of my ankles were aching from ramps and it only got worse.

Trudge, trudge, trudge I went.. up the ramp to the monorail then down the ramp to MK. At least there was light at the end of the tunnel (get it? coming out of the tunnel into Main St? )As it happened, the afternoon parade was in full swing when I got there. I'm not really one for parades and at that point my main priority was a bathroom! Right by the fire station I happened to find one and in this colossal bathroom, there was not another living soul. This would become a theme for my night. I apparently underestimate the staggering draw of the afternoon parade.

Anyway, I was done in a flush and I cut through the shops up to my first goal. Casey's Corner for my beloved corn dog nuggets. Here's the review http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=21

I was still pretty tired at this point, so I sat and wrote in my notebook for a bit until I got my post meal rush. Since the Halloween party was that night, I knew I had to get certain things done before it started and these attractions closed. My first stop was one of my favorites, Jungle Cruise!! I worked my way into Adventureland and saw that it was a walkon and well hey, that's just spiffy in my book. The skipper wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. She stayed completely on script. The twist to that was that I knew the entire thing. I was seated in the middle on the crates (which I hate btw) and since that put my face less than 2 feet away from the next family, they had some pretty funny looks on their faces when they noticed I was mouthing the lines along with the captain. The wife asked if I worked there and seemed extra confused when I said no. Really ma'am, I'm just an enthusiast.

Next up was Pirates of the Caribbean! Again, another walk on ride but like I said, being alone in places (not just solo but seriously no one else around me!) was becoming a theme. I walked the entire queue without seeing another person until the boarding dock. For some reason the ride felt a little short but I can't quite put my finger on why. There was a thread awhile back that the dog with the keys was either replaced or cleaned and I have to say, he did look a little different. If I remember right, I think I always thought he was a mostly solid mutt but there were definite patches of color to him now. Or I could just be crazy, really either explanation could be trrue.

After that, I figured I'd hit up Hall of Presidents because I knew it wouldn't be open during the party. I've come to enjoy this attraction in the past few years, if for no other reason that I watch them all move around and it's so well done. There was a bit of an unexpected event though. Near the end of the film, I started to hear sniffling. Isolated sniffles right? Allergies or a summer cold. Then a few more sniffles from around the theater, and I'm thinking power of suggestion. Then I realized what I was watching is clips and pictures of 9-11. What day was it? Yeah, I completely forgot it was the anniversary. Honestly at that point I hadn't seen anything to remind me of it (later that day I realized some flags were at half mast). It was a major "duh" moment.

Next up on my "do it before it's closed" list was Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Walked right into that as well and it was a decent show. I think it's come to the point where people are familiar with the show are go into it thinking they might get picked. Not that they aren't still awkward about it, but not as much as it seemed when the attraction was new.

As I exited that I saw that Buzz was a 5 minute wait which in reality meant it was a walk on (I felt so spoiled at this point). Having gone on TSM 3 times the day before, Buzz was just kind of...pathetic really. Even just comparing the sound effects from one ride to the other there's a huge difference. Then when you add in a tiny beeping light that's indistinguishable from anyone else's and that it's a literal pain to hold that stupid trigger, it's no wonder there's rarely a wait for it. I don't think it needs a complete overhaul but it does need something. I'd forgotten there's a ride picture here and I realized that my doofy looking picture from RnRC the night before wasn't a fluke. I look absolutely ridiculous in all my pictures. Not the good ridiculous either, but awkward ruin the picture for other people kind. The "hey kids, did you see that weird chick in our picture" kind. I will now make it a point to just walk past the screens quickly before anyone can realize it's me!

I had a 7:20pm ADR at Narcoossee and it was around 6 at this point. So I figured I'd hit ANOTHER WALK ON ride and take a quick jaunt on the TTA (I can't get used to Peoplemover). It's another cheesy ride but I love it, it's so relaxing and a nice break. I hope the never replace it or shut it down, that'd be a sad day if it happened.

Next up: Magical Stars and "oh that's my butter knife" then "Do you have ants in your pants?"
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
mom to 3 angels
Earning My Ears

Another reader has joined! I can completely relate to your personality! I, too, am a smart"y pants"....er, youknowwhati'mtalkingabout! Great report so far, and been reading the dining reviews too. Can't wait for more....I have to read the trip reports to tide me until our trip in Sept 2013. Keep it coming! Doing a great report.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
BeachMouse05
Earning My Ears

Can I join in? Fun TR! I'm looking forward to reading some more of your trip.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #20
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm enjoying reading your trip report. I love hearing it through a solo point of view. I've never taken a trip by myself but have to say being able to do what you want when you want does have it's advantages.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
LockShockBarrel

See for me it's weird doing a solo report because it's all "I".
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #22
LockShockBarrel

Now you get to find out exactly what my trip report title means.

As I walked out of MK I saw that the boat was on it's way so I opted to take that (for the 1st time) instead of another monorail ride. What a relaxing nice ride it is too. Even though at times it's more time consuming, boat might be my favorite Disney mode of transportation.

I'd never been to Narcoossee before and was glad to see it's literally right at the boat dock so I didn't have to search too much. Here's the report for my meal http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=27

Before dinner, I went into the restroom to see what a wreck I looked like, throw on my cardigan and use the facilities. Well, those facilities were a bit boggling to me. I went in the 2nd stall and well...you know. I finished and turned to flush and . No auto flush...and no handle that stuck out. I must have stared at that toilet for a solid minute saying to myself "How do I flush this?" before I realized there's a large metal circle that pushes inward that is the "handle"! I've never seen one like that before and maybe it was the combination of so little sleep and the prospect of some fancy food but this toilet darn near had me stumped.

So then I ate, and you can read about that in the above link. After dinner, I slipped into the bathroom again to change my shirt (into a spiffy hand tie dyed orange and black for the halloween party) and this time I went into the first stall. I figured I'd take care of business again while I was there (how many pee euphemisms can I use in one post?) and I heard a mom and little girl come into the bathroom just after me. The little girl went first and then I hear "Mom?...How do I flush this?" It was all I could do not to burst into laughter because I knew exactly how she felt. Can you imagine being forever known as the other person in the story "Man I was at Disney once and some crazy chick was laughing her butt off in the stall next to us!" I came out of the stall and at this point the kid had opened her door and the mom is standing in the doorway, also looking very confused. I couldn't leave them in the same predicament I'd been in so I clued them in on the magical mystical flusher circle.

After the great toilet debate, I headed back out and figured I'd take the boat back to MK which was very refreshing. I'd gotten my wrist band earlier in the day so it was a quick bag check and into the party I went. Main St looked packed and I thought "uh oh". I was suddenly very nervous that I'd made the wrong decision by spending so long at my meal instead of working the party. Once I got past Main St, my fears were put to rest. It was just that everyone was bound and determined to see that parade! I saw it once a few years ago and I'm not really a parade fan so I kept on truckin and made my way back to the Haunted Mansion!

I was a little disappointed the new section of the queue wasn't open but the fact that it was a walk on helped. The stretching room was mostly empty, I think there were many 10 of us in there, tops. The CMs were very in character. There was a male CM who blended very well into the shadows who kept quietly walking up close to people until they noticed. A woman with a young daughter and son stayed behind to hear the gargoyles, as did I. Any other time there's been too much other noises for me to hear it so I was really happy I got to this time. The mom and I ended up chatting as we slowly made our way to board. Not that it was crowded, just that we were talking. She asked how I knew about the chatter and of course I said "disboards". Her son, about 4, was very excited, giggling and smiling and doing this goofy little dance through the line. I asked "Do you have ants in your pants?!" His little face dropped and he stopped and looked all over his pants for ants. It was the most adorable innocent reaction and the mom and I were cracking up over it. It doesn't seem to translate as well in writing but it was hilarious as it happened. After the ride I gave some of my glow bracelets to this little guy and his sister.

As it happened the fireworks were just starting as I was making my way into Frontierland. I turned and watched them every few seconds but darn it I had rides to ride! The nice thing was I did get to see the finale which I love. Those last fireworks remind me of the end of Hocus Pocus when the witches are hit with sunlight. On my way through, I'd planned on riding BTMRR but saw that Splash had a 5 minute wait. And here's my dirty Disney confession, I had never gone on Splash Mountain before I was always afraid of getting too wet and I hate walking around like that so I figured "eh, no big deal" that I hadn't done it before. I'd promised a friend of mine that I'd try to make it on this trip so I figured the time had come.

I started walking through the line and the theme of no one else around came back again. I walked and walked and walked. It was very odd, not seeing anyone in line. Then I get to the loading area and there's not a single other rider. Just 3 CMs hanging out. Bizarre right? This was the following conversation.

Me "Oh..hey...! So um, look, I've never been on this before..."
CM "So you want the front seat right?!"
Me "Actually...I reaaaaally don't want to walk around too wet so could you put me in the least wet seat?"
CM very seriously puts his hand on my shoulder and goes "Sweetie, you DO realize this is called Splash Mountain, right?"

He said he'd do his best and I ended up in the last row of the boat. Now let me explain here. The boat ahead of me was empty, my boat was empty aside from me, and the boat behind me was empty. I rode seemingly COMPLETELY ALONE. And it was creepy as hell. It came across like a horror movie, all these singing robots around me and no one around to hear me scream. Is that ride long or was it just that I was afraid Br'er Rabbit was going to eat my face? I managed to make it out alive and only my shoulders were wet (and not much more than a decent rain) so to the CM for dealing with my water ride wimpiness.

Next up I treked back to Fantasyland. The stage show by the castle was starting and the hub was pretty full, and it seemed like a very long walk to get back there. I couldn't bring myself to do the Teacups (I haven't in years) and opted for a no wait show of Philharmagic. After that was IASW and again..no wait. Oh how spoiled I felt at this point . I still do IASW for the sole reason that I love to look at the costumes. I think the Thai kids and the ones outside the Taj Mahal are the prettiest costumes. What I don't like is the Cleopatra doll. She's cute but the winking just makes her look like she has a lazy eye.

Tomorrowland was next and as I walked the Space Mountain queue COMPLETELY ALONE, I thought someone was playing a joke on me! It was just too weird to go through lines not just as a solo, but to literally not meet another person along the way. I had a bunch of bracelets left so I started looping them around the railings figuring someone might take them! Once I got up to the boarding area I finally saw other humans. Even though there was only 9 people in line, they were still pulling solos (or at least me) out to fill in the cars which I found a little silly. The CM gave me the choice of 1 or 3, and what on earth possessed me to pick 3..maybe it was that no sleep thing. I was in the back of the rocket and man is that a rough ride! I felt like I was whipped through that mountain and it took me a minute to deboard because I felt so jolted.

As I came out of Space Mountain, the dance party was in full swing and I watched Pluto, Goofy and Stitch dance to LMFAO which is this very surreal thing to me. But I will say those guys can shuffle with the best of them. I decided to hit the TTA again from up on high I saw the "boys" do the Cupid Shuffle.

It was starting to get late and I had a sweet tooth so I made my way over to Adventureland and was so happy to see that I could still get a dole whip! I didn't eat too much of it but it satisfied my craving. I figured since I was already there I see what the line for Pirates was like. Yet again, I went through the line without seeing another person and I left some more bracelets along the way. I was in the front row and it was down right wet. I mean, I know there's some splashing but this was more wet than I'd ever seen it before and I was little hesitant to sit down

After the ride I decided it was time to call it quits since it was midnight, and as I walked back through Adventureland a CM was handing out bananas. "Here have a banana!" I had a banana thrust upon me! I ended up carrying it through the rest of the park and into the Confectionary. Now as stated by my friend, I'm not allowed back in NY without a mickey head rice crispie treat, specifically one with chocolate on it and it MUST come from the Confectionary. I figured I'd get that out of the way if they had any left since the next time I'd be in MK I wouldn't have access to my suitcase and I didn't really relish the idea of carrying the treat around. I managed to snag one of the last 4 big ones and as I checked out the CM asked "Why do you have a banana?" I said "one of your cohorts thrust it upon me in Adventureland, and I hate bananas". She handed me a marker and said "You could draw on it" so I figured why not? I drew a face on it and made her sign the other side.

The wait to get back to Pop felt long but really wasn't, it was just that there were a lot of people. I ended up standing near the back door which was a little scary. Sure I could have waited for the next bus to have a seat but I was just too tired. I didn't mind standing so much as it felt weird watching the road rush past me through those clear doors. I was in bed pretty soon and was looking forward to being able to sleep in a little bit, but that wasn't in the cards.

Next up, I finally meet some Buffalonians and "I don't believe that those are beluga"

Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #23
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Joining in!
Finding your trip hilarious so far
Splash would be super creepy on your own- I hadn't even thought of that!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
LockShockBarrel

It's so weird to be alone like that! You know how people always say they wish they could have the parks or the rides to themselves? Trust me, they'd regret that if they knew what it was really like!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
Mrs. Bradbury
It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!

Another reader!

I have just met you, and I love you.

I started with your dining report and jumped over to your trip report. Please explain your references to working with cheese. I thought maybe the explanation was in your first trip report, the link to which appears to be broken.

I'm going on a weekend solo trip just to see the Castle lights in less than a month! I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

Loving your trip report, your writing style, and sense of humor. I too trend toward the snarky/cheeky side and revel in it.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #26
LockShockBarrel

Hahah I'm glad those of you following along are enjoying it. I don't think my writing or humor is everyone's cup of tea but when people like us get together, oh the trouble we can cause (I love an excuse to use this smiley)

To Mrs Bradbury, thanks for letting me know about the link, I'll have to fix it in my signature. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=viva+verde Here's another link to it if you haven't gotten there already and want to read it. Funnily enough, the past 2 people I've gone to Disney with I'm not longer associated with! Am I doomed to never sharing Disney with anyone again?! The cheese references are because I work with cheese for a living. I work in a specialty cheese department at a grocery store that has your everyday needs plus a lot of higher end items. When I call myself a cheesemonger, people aren't always sure what that is. Really I'm not even sure what "monging" is. How does one "mong"? If you talk about it a lot, it starts sounding really dirty lol.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
FencerGirl
Mouseketeer

I noticed your signature in another thread and had to click on your TR. I'm loving it. We were also there in September. Although we didn't get to do any rides solo, lines were very short.

Also, Splash is disturbing during the day with a log full of people.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #28
LockShockBarrel

I finally meet some Buffalonians and "I don't believe that those are beluga"

Originally my plan for this day was to sleep in a bit but that just wasn't in the cards. It should have been ok since I was exhausted at this point. I was very rudely awoken at 5 freakin am by my room phone ringing. What was the reason for calling? Who knows because there was no one on the other line!!! Ok fine...I fall asleep again pretty quickly then the next thing I know... BOOM BOOM BOOM!! on my door. "HOUSEKEEPING!!!" and she was halfway in the room before I could even say "No thanks!!" Even though I'd had my alarm set for 8:45, I figured it wasn't worth trying to get back to sleep again so I just decided to get a bit of an early start on the day.

I had an ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast but it wasn't til 10 something and because I was running late my first day and took the cab the day before, and getting back to the resort so late at night, I hadn't gotten my mug yet! I stopped into the food court and grabbed that, and filled it for what would be the first and only time I'd use it. What'd I get? Water.

Off to the bus stop I went and pretty quickly a bus for MK showed up, and once I was there I decided that my poor ankles just weren't up for the ramp to the monorail yet so I opted for the boat again. There was a light rain once we landed at GF and some dark clouds in the distance. Here's the review for my breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=28

After breakfast I started to head upstairs to grab the monorail. As I was waiting for the elevator I happened to run into a bridal photo shoot on the stairs. What I found a bit surprising is how many people were still using the stairs even though they could see this girl standing there with her train spread out. I kind of stopped feeling bad about it as I watched because this girl, even in the probably minute I stood there waiting, seemed like a total spoiled brat. "No there's a shadow" "No there's a wrinkle" "Wipe my face, I'm starting to sweat". All in a whiny huffy voice. In my head I was like "Really? Mommy and Daddy obviously are paying and you probably haven't even told them thank you. I hope you and your pumpkin carriage rot." Looking back I could have just been cranky from lack of sleep but then again, I judge people like crazy in my head normally.

I passed Basin White and thought to myself "Hm...maybe I should stop in there and get some soap for my friend since I haven't found golfballs yet. Nah..nevermind. I'm sure I'll find those golfballs today!" Anyone know where this is going yet? . The monorail came in a few minutes and I trudged up and down those blasted ramps at TTC again, but soon enough I was on my way to Epcot.

I consider Epcot my home park. I feel very at home there for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the themeing or the backround music, but I love it. Spaceship Earth was my first stop as usual. The line looked long but it said it was only a 10 minute wait. Then as I got in it clicked up to 20! I almost turned around but there was quite a few people behind me and I figured I'd just deal with it. About 10 people back, there was a family with a daughter who was about 5 years old. Well she wasn't particularly interested in riding. And by that I mean she was screaming bloody murder and sobbing uncontrollably. "I HATE THE DARK, I DON'T WANT TO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" over and over and over. Now, to those of you who have been to Disney before, you know how close you are to other people in the cattle gates and some of you probably know how loud a 5 year old can scream. The parents completely ignored her for most of the line and just loudly continued their conversation. It only got worse for those really close to them when the dad picked the girl up. It didn't comfort her, if anything she started to panic more and since she was now higher up, she was close to everyone's ears. By the time we got up to the door to the building a good 10 minutes had gone by and she never stopped screaming. I was surprised no one said anything to them and that this kid didn't lose her voice. After I boarded however, I didn't hear her anymore and I wonder if they turned them away or they finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

I hate having my picture taken, and didn't really feel like smiling for the birdie for the little interactive thing in the vehicle. In hiding my face however, I made a little discovery. The ride was business as usual and while SSE used to be one of my favorite rides, I find this isn't the case anymore. Ever since the last refurb it's just not the same. I miss the visions of the future. When it came time for the interactive portion, I was fully expecting my picture to be my hands over my face. Instead, they didn't give me a picture at all, it was just 2 cartoon figures. After seeing my customized future, I was off to the Land.

I was curious to see what the FP situation for Soarin was and was a bit afraid I'd made a mistake doing SSE first. It was about 11:30 at this point and the return time was only 1:35! I got my pass and then went to the desk to sign up for the Behind the Seeds tour. There was one leaving at noon so I figured I had a few minutes so I went and got a drink and was looking at the mini plants when the girl who signed me up for the tour goes "Wait...aren't you on the noon tour?" I said "yes, I still have like 15 minutes" She says "No, it left a few minutes ago." It was at this point I realized my spiffy little dollar store carabener watch had failed me and was losing time. This meant I actually got my FP at 11:45am. What I still can't figure out is that the sign up girl didn't say "Stay in this area." Oh well. She took me through to where the tour was which wasn't far at all. The only thing I'd missed was the introductions.

This was my 3rd time taking the tour and I like it because a) it's relatively short, b) it's not too expensive and c) I learn something new every time. My tour guide was a woman named Mary who was originally from England and it was such a delight listening to her. That is..when we could hear her. Once we got out of the pest lab, we realized it had started to pour outside. We had to look at the one part of the lab from indoors but the rain on the glass roof was so loud poor Mary had to literally scream over it. Luckily it let up pretty quickly after that point. We got to see the start of a new experiment which was pretty cool. If you are at all familiar with the ride, on the right hand side you see a revolving display of tall hanging um...things.. and they usually have brussels sprouts on them. They had come to the end of their season and the new experiment they were starting was that they were going to try growing papaya on this gizmo. They weren't sure if it would work because papaya are rather larger than the sprouts. We got to see where they were starting the papaya so if anyone rides now, you might be seeing the baby plants I saw way back in September. Once we got to the part with the fish I asked if Mary knew which breed of sturgeon they had. I sell caviar at work so I was a little curious if these were a breed I carried. She only knew them as Russian sturgeon, but said after the tour she'd call one of the girls that worked in that lab and see if they knew. They say the tour usually lasts 45 minutes to an hour but the past 2 tours I've taken have gone over that. This one lasted an hour and 10 minutes so if you're interested in this tour, you might want to keep that in mind. Mary tried calling these aqualab girls and I got the feeling they were thinking or even saying "Who the hell cares what kind of fish they are? Just tell them their beluga or something" Mary said "They're beluga" I wasn't going to fight her on it but I seriously doubt that's the breed they have. The pictures I've seen just don't look quite right and from what I know, anyone farming them in the states has to have all sorts of stuff for them and that little pool doesn't seem enough. Or I'm paranoid..who knows.

After the tour I still had a little bit to wait for Soarin, so I got in line for Living with the Land. It was another one of those weird lines that looked really long but went pretty quickly. Business as usual on the ride, but I will say I love knowing what's going on with the plants while riding based on what I've learned on the tour. In the future I might ride first though, so if I see something on the ride I could ask about it.

My FP return time for Soarin had finally clicked over and once through the line it was about a 15 minute wait. The threads about the film quality are definitely right. I noticed major issues this time. What I can't figure out is what the exact problem is though... If it were a dust particle on the film itself, it would only flash for a split second right? because it'd only be on that one frame. If it were on the lens, it should show they whole ride. What I noticed were large black spots that would show for like 5 seconds and seem stationary, then they'd float up or over and disappear. It really hurts the effect that you're in the moment, at least to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see that go down for refurb once Test Track reopens. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a fun ride still but it does need a little TLC. What I'd really love to see them do it make it like Star Tours, where you get a randomized tour of different states, or maybe over natural wonders of the world. How cool would it be to fly next to the pyramids or over Niagara falls?

I figured depending on how time went, I could maybe hit Imagination later that night and I knew I had to hit the Seas later for dinner so I bypassed those and headed up to the World Showcase.

Next up, Dragons and why I'm a failure at the dining plan, then a quick sleepy jaunt around the world.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #29
Mrs. Bradbury
It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
Hahah I'm glad those of you following along are enjoying it. I don't think my writing or humor is everyone's cup of tea but when people like us get together, oh the trouble we can cause (I love an excuse to use this smiley)

To Mrs Bradbury, thanks for letting me know about the link, I'll have to fix it in my signature. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=viva+verde Here's another link to it if you haven't gotten there already and want to read it. Funnily enough, the past 2 people I've gone to Disney with I'm not longer associated with! Am I doomed to never sharing Disney with anyone again?! The cheese references are because I work with cheese for a living. I work in a specialty cheese department at a grocery store that has your everyday needs plus a lot of higher end items. When I call myself a cheesemonger, people aren't always sure what that is. Really I'm not even sure what "monging" is. How does one "mong"? If you talk about it a lot, it starts sounding really dirty lol.
YAY for the link! After reading your other report, I am convinced you are my long lost daughter that I never knew I had (like on soap operas). Except I do like most vegetables. But don't get me started on condiments . . . NOT a condiment person . . .

Sharing Disney is fun, but doing exactly what you want when you want to at Disney and not worrying about whether anyone else is having a good time is going to be AWESOME, I'm pretty sure. I am hopelessly over-thinking my trip and I will strive to throw caution to the wind and wing it. 25 days from now!

Really enjoying your dining & trip reports!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #30
LockShockBarrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bradbury View Post
YAY for the link! After reading your other report, I am convinced you are my long lost daughter that I never knew I had (like on soap operas). Except I do like most vegetables. But don't get me started on condiments . . . NOT a condiment person . . .

Sharing Disney is fun, but doing exactly what you want when you want to at Disney and not worrying about whether anyone else is having a good time is going to be AWESOME, I'm pretty sure. I am hopelessly over-thinking my trip and I will strive to throw caution to the wind and wing it. 25 days from now!

Really enjoying your dining & trip reports!
So you're like me! We don't practice safe eating, we don't use condiments.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: