Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #376
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

So the rest of the night is going to seem mellow after that fabulous dinner but it wasn’t. We rode a bunch. Not in order, we rode TSMM, RnR, The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and ToT. Jenna doesn't like ToT or RnR so after RnR, Jenna took some of the kids on Star Tours again while we did ToT. During RnR Jenna did a little window shopping.

My very favorite scene from The Great Movie Ride:

I really have no idea why we took so many pictures during this ride. I like it but Michael and the kids tolerate it. I totally get that and really, it is very very dated. Disney is going to have to add another scene. They just don’t make many mafia movies anymore so that whole live part of the ride gets lost.

Me and Jenna both scored the beaver:

Yup, another tacky pic of a pic:

Believe it or not that’s all I have of the night. Although EMH were until 11:00 my crew was pooped. Remember this is still our first park day. We parted with our friends knowing we had the next 5 days of fun together. The bus pulled up after just a few minutes and off we went.

This was our first night time tired bus ride with the whole bus to SSR then bus to THV and it wasn’t bad at all. I had been reading for months how horrendous it is and we didn’t have any issues. Would it have been nice to walk? Of course but what I enjoyed was not having to ever stand. After two stints at the POR, standing became old hat.

The kids went to their rooms. Gabby and Joshua shared the room with the bunk beds. Chloe and Kayla shared the second bedroom with the queen bed. My only complaint and you can’t really call it a complaint because I’d stay in the THV again in a heartbeat was that the 2 bedrooms are small and theres not a ton of room to get around. Other than that it was perfect and really the size of the rooms was not a hardship.

It felt so good to finally be there. Having bought in May 2009, I was glad to be *home*. I still had some organizing and unpacking to do and I used the drawers. All of them. And I didn't wipe them first. And I'm still alive.

It was an amazing first park day and we were so excited to be back with our friends.

I know this update is rather small and I'm working on day 2 but my self-dx OCD wouldn't allow me to add part of Day two to the end of Day one.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 11-09-2012 at 11:53 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #377
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Gee I can't tell if Michael liked TOT or not.

Jeff loves the Great Movie Ride. We tolerate it. Hmmn...maybe it IS the mafia.

So no one slept in the living room using the couch or sofa? We will be using every inch of bed if the plan goes off, as planned.

I always get the beaver.

I fully support finishing one day, before starting the next.
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #378
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Gee I can't tell if Michael liked TOT or not.

Jeff loves the Great Movie Ride. We tolerate it. Hmmn...maybe it IS the mafia.

So no one slept in the living room using the couch or sofa? We will be using every inch of bed if the plan goes off, as planned.

I always get the beaver.

I fully support finishing one day, before starting the next.

Once I got the bunny, I think thats after the beaver. Or maybe the cat comes after the beaver?

Nope, we didn't make the sofa turn into a couch once. I'm don't want to do a legal one bedroom with the 5 of us but because I'm borrowed out, I might have to. I absolutely love the space. I really can't stand to have crowded living space. Maybe its from being an only child but I must have room to breathe and not have peeps not on top of me and my stuff. You just reminded me that I need to go add something....

Jeff likes it too? It must be the mafia then. Michael likes some parts of it but not the same parts that I do.

He knew the camera was coming. if you notice, all of his poses are planned. And he calls me the Disney geek.

And thanks for the support. I am uploading pics right now. Its easier for me if I upload when I'm going to write so I can recall what we did.

Last edited by rentayenta; 11-09-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #379
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Once I got the bunny, I think thats after the beaver. Or maybe the cat comes after the beaver?

Nope, we didn't make the sofa turn into a couch once. I'm don't want to do a legal one bedroom with the 5 of us but because I'm borrowed out, I might have to. I absolutely love the space. I really can't stand to have crowded living space. Maybe its from being an only child but I must have room to breathe and not have peeps not on top of me and my stuff. You just reminded me that I need to go add something....

Jeff likes it too? It must be the mafia then. Michael likes some parts of it but not the same parts that I do.

He knew the camera was coming. if you notice, all of his poses are planned. And he calls me the Disney geek.
I hear ya, I'd love to only do 2 bedrooms but it's just not practical at the times of year we are going right now. I'll be borrowed out again, after this big trip. If it were just us, we wouldn't need the living room beds but it won't be, there will be others in our rooms so... That said, we folded it up every day and it really was fine. Having the verandah and our own room made it fine though. As tempting as a grand villa might be for the big trip, even if I could cobble together enough points, we will all have better space if we do a 1 bed and a 1 bed, and then 2 treehouses for that part.

Thankfully we found in all 3 1 bedroom villas so far, places to stash the kids stuff so we didn't feel like it was all over the place. That drives me nuts! It wasn't ideal but at least it wasn't in the living space.

I figured it was staged but it was still a fun pic.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #380
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

Sorry for my late response too. It's been a crazy few days. As you saw we're seeking the Expedition, refi-ing the house. The appraiser called us Wed at 10:00 pm to let us know he'd be there Thursday at 5:00. Michael and I were up at 5:30 yesterday cleaning.
I totally get stupid busy! For us it never seems to end!

Quote:
I'm so happy for you. Are you ready? FEs all set to go? I've got a friend in Cabo now and she says it's gorgeous. What are the special restaurant options on the cruise?
I still have to buy my FEs for the adults, and assemble all the packages, so not even close! Palo is the special restaurant on the Wonder. We have Brunch and dinner.

Quote:
*Special restaurant*. Love those pics! I can't imagine not going but it is expensive. I'd sell a kidney to go. Really.
Let's plan for March, no organ donation required!

Quote:
What a fabulous experience to play there. And all gussied up too. Do you always dress to impress when playing? Do you have more casual venues?

Disney is so *economy sized* folks friendly. Hopefully he'll change his tune. [/CENTER]
Most of our concerts are formal black attire, we think it makes the band play better. Someday we may have more casual gigs, but not right now. It's a fun gig and Disney handles all the logistics, we just walk onstage and play.

Hopefully our friend will fit in the rides and have a good time.

Fun update! We loved coming home to the THV too. With only four we used the bunkbed room for storage, it made the other rooms less cramped. It's great you didn't need to use the living room for sleeping, so you had an area for early risers and late sleepers.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #381
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I hear ya, I'd love to only do 2 bedrooms but it's just not practical at the times of year we are going right now. I'll be borrowed out again, after this big trip. If it were just us, we wouldn't need the living room beds but it won't be, there will be others in our rooms so... That said, we folded it up every day and it really was fine. Having the verandah and our own room made it fine though. As tempting as a grand villa might be for the big trip, even if I could cobble together enough points, we will all have better space if we do a 1 bed and a 1 bed, and then 2 treehouses for that part.

Thankfully we found in all 3 1 bedroom villas so far, places to stash the kids stuff so we didn't feel like it was all over the place. That drives me nuts! It wasn't ideal but at least it wasn't in the living space.

I figured it was staged but it was still a fun pic.

It drives me nuts to to have their crap strewn all over the place. I had to close the door on Chloe and Mikayla's bedroom because I swear, it looked like a tornado hit about 5 minutes after we got our bags. They are both so sloppy. Sweet but painfully sloppy. I kept finding bobby pins all over so I finally got a plastic bowl and set it in the bathroom and told them if I found one more bobbie pin on the floor I was going to throttle them. Its the laziness that accompanies an unlegitimate mess more than the mess if that makes any sense? How hard is it to put the bobbie pins on the mirror ledge? Apparently its very difficult.

Having the verandah is awesome! It gives you another place to relax. With a big group, you're going to need that quiet space for sure. Why do the GV points jump so high? The OKW ones are the best deal in town though. Jenna and I looked at them for our possible Disneyland trip. There's no way! I truly couldn't even borrow the points for it. I'd have to rent points for the low low price of $600 a night.

I'll be with you in terms of the time of year we go. Having said that, its Chloe who pulled her act together and ended up with 5 As and 2 Bs and it was Gabby, who wasn't stressed at all, who didn't do so well. When I checked Chloe's grades, I almost cried. Even she was shocked. It did give her some confidence though with regard to her abilities and completing her school work.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #382
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I totally get stupid busy! For us it never seems to end!

I still have to buy my FEs for the adults, and assemble all the packages, so not even close! Palo is the special restaurant on the Wonder. We have Brunch and dinner.

Let's plan for March, no organ donation required!

Most of our concerts are formal black attire, we think it makes the band play better. Someday we may have more casual gigs, but not right now. It's a fun gig and Disney handles all the logistics, we just walk onstage and play.

Hopefully our friend will fit in the rides and have a good time.

Fun update! We loved coming home to the THV too. With only four we used the bunkbed room for storage, it made the other rooms less cramped. It's great you didn't need to use the living room for sleeping, so you had an area for early risers and late sleepers.

I'll PM you about March.

Thank you. I love having all of that room and I'm the early riser in our group. The girls could sleep until noon, even at Disney, if I'd let them. They don't fight to get up and moving but if they weren't disturbed, they'd sleep all day.

I think it's great you get to dress formal. It looks so classy and fun at the same time. Where in Disney do you play?

Palo, that's the name. I've seen many photos and it looks wonderful. I like how on the cruises you have the same server the entire trip, that way they get to know you and vice versa. You best get moving sister, you've got a lot to do. Do you choose before who you FE with or is it random?

Do you think your friend might not fit in the rides?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #383
rentayenta

Our plans for Day 2 included meeting up with Jenna et al at Epcot and possibly Jennifer too. With Test Track 101, I knew Future World would run a little flat for my crew. We’d enjoy it but I thought we’d miss test Track and we did. I could feel it crowd wise too. Without one of the heavy hitters, there's just less places to disperse people.

After sleeping in a little later than I would have preferred, we finally got moving. To the couch. For coffee.

Michael had been traveling so much so he really embraced the down time.

The THV were so relaxing. I know I keep saying it but they were everything I thought they’d be plus a bag of chips. My kool-aid has been spiked. And with all of that food, you bet I was making breakfast.

Bacon frying:

Chloe with French Toast, fresh fruit, and her beloved bacon. I truly enjoyed making breakfasts and big snacks and little appetizers before the parks. I hate cooking at home but I was nesting at the THV. Full fledged nesting.

I don’t recall what time we finally got out of there but here we are. The Yeti backpack on Chloe's back was from our trip in May 2009. 3 years later and it was in great shape. They take very good care of their Disney things for sure.

A couple of signs while waiting at the THV stop because I’m a freak like that:

Michael told me that Disney needed to add my name to #11. Nope, jokes about me never get old.

They love having their pic taken while waiting.

Now from the Springs stop waiting for the bus to Epcot:

Because we had such a big breakfast, we thought we’d hit Future World before going to enjoy F&W but not before one of the most famous Epcot pics ever and almost as exciting as the backside of water:

We grabbed Soarin’ FP first. The time was for hours later. I knew we got a late start but didn’t think we got that late of a start. Lesson learned. Once Jenna and her crew arrived we got in line for Spaceship Earth. The line was decent and although we had a huge breakfast not an hour prior, the little cash vacuums were starving. I was glad I had copious amounts of trail mix, beef jerky, and cheeze n crackers packed. The kids all gobbled through them in line.

I really like Spaceship Earth. Aside from the fact that its Epcot’s icon, its just brilliant. I kept forgetting that Kayla had never been and that all of this was new to her. I think she was overwhelmed that first two days.

continued in next post....

Last edited by rentayenta; 11-09-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #384
rentayenta

Some ride pics:

Someone isn’t living in my future world unless they shave first:

And that’s about 1/2 of the Spaceship Earth photos that I took.

Next up, a little Nemo and The Seas:

After Nemo the kids poked around in the aquarium. We stopped by Club Cool too. I don't get the cool in Club Cool but I don't drink a ton of soda either. Its fun once but not something I must do every trip by any means. Some of the Coke merchandise is cute though.

Innoventions doesn’t interest my kids either and we had to wait for Soarin’ so off to F&W we went. I had been talking about the cool foods and treats for so long that we were so excited. On the way over we stopped at the kiosk/store between FW and WS and bought ourselves, kids included, wristlets loaded with $50 each. Getting nickled and dimed by the kids feels less like being nickled and dimed when its on a gift card and they don’t have to actually ask me for it.

You can certainly tell iPhone pics from camera pics in this update. Sorry for the quality of some them but I adhere to the no flash rule.

Up next: a little (or a lot) of fun at F&W!

Last edited by rentayenta; 11-09-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #385
franandaj

I forgot to comment on villa size. We only do 1br minimum. After we got stuck with a studio and having Fran's side of the bed the uber skinny side, she said "never again!" I said,

I love my tub! Besides we bought a ridiculous amount of points back when we took out a mortgage on the 1st St property. With only two of us and traveling at off peak times, in a couple years we may be scrambling to use banked points.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #386
rentayenta

Quote:
I forgot to comment on villa size. We only do 1br minimum. After we got stuck with a studio and having Fran's side of the bed the uber skinny side, she said "never again!" I said,

I love my tub! Besides we bought a ridiculous amount of points back when we took out a mortgage on the 1st St property. With only two of us and traveling at off peak times, in a couple years we may be scrambling to use banked points.

Do you ever rent them out? I think the GCV at the 7 month mark, if we go late summer, is going to be tough. I'm also tossing around next Christmas. Let me know.....

Joshua loves the tub too. He took nice long baths in both the THV and Kidani. I'm so used to the room. Our home is by no means huge but we have plenty of space. I'm just used to it. Michael calls it spoiled. I call it his fault.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 AM   #387
franandaj

Quote:
Do you ever rent them out? I think the GCV at the 7 month mark, if we go late summer, is going to be tough. I'm also tossing around next Christmas. Let me know.....

Joshua loves the tub too. He took nice long baths in both the THV and Kidani. I'm so used to the room. Our home is by no means huge but we have plenty of space. I'm just used to it. Michael calls it spoiled. I call it his fault.
I have rented points. I'm very possesive about my GCV points only because I hope F&W will come bac, but it looks like that is a bygone animal, so I may be willing to wheel and deal as long as it doesn't affect my 50th. I think I want a grand villa for that, but maybe not. We'll see what Fran sez.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #388
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Dude...after a hellish work week, I needed this update something FIERCE, sistah!

I cannot BELIEVE you cooked bacon at Disney! We'd be good together on vacation. You could make UncleR bacon, I would wipe out your drawers.

I haven't been on Spaceship Earth as an adult. UncleR and I just made a pact to go during the next trip.

OMG. Did you see over on the restaurant board? They're turning the Main Street Bakery into a Starbucks! What in the sam hill? It'll be gone by the time we get there.
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #389
rentayenta

Quote:
I have rented points. I'm very possesive about my GCV points only because I hope F&W will come bac, but it looks like that is a bygone animal, so I may be willing to wheel and deal as long as it doesn't affect my 50th. I think I want a grand villa for that, but maybe not. We'll see what Fran sez.

I can't even imagine how amazing the GV at the GCV are. We stayed at the OKW in a GV and loved it and its a much older resort. The GV and the GCV must be delusionally gorgeous.

No worries, just let me know if you get into a have-to-rent-points bind. I bet Disneyland's F&W is cool because its more intimate. I felt overwhelmed at first in WDW but I'll get to that later in the report. I should have researched more for sure. When is your 50th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Dude...after a hellish work week, I needed this update something FIERCE, sistah!

I cannot BELIEVE you cooked bacon at Disney! We'd be good together on vacation. You could make UncleR bacon, I would wipe out your drawers.

I haven't been on Spaceship Earth as an adult. UncleR and I just made a pact to go during the next trip.

OMG. Did you see over on the restaurant board? They're turning the Main Street Bakery into a Starbucks! What in the sam hill? It'll be gone by the time we get there.

Sorry you had a crappy week friend. Thankfully it's Sat-uh-day although with 6 inches of powder outside and flurries still coming, I have yet to get out of my fluffy robe. My to do list is a mile long and it looks like it'll remain that long.

The kids want to put the tree up today. Does that make me officially insane that I'm contemplating it? We can only put it up. Its one of the old fake trees so its a huge pita but so pretty once its done. Michael can sting the lights tomorrow. Its the damn snow.

I'd so make UncleR bacon! We would actually probably be very good on vacation together- we'd all have a blast and eat until we were sick. The kids ate 2 pounds of bacon during that trip. I now know what to order more of and what to skip completely. Oatmeal: #fail. Eggs and bacon: #winning. Bagel bites and Pizza Rolls were fabulous to have. Lots of strawberry yogurt? Not so much. I'm sure whoever cleaned our AKV villa didn't have to shop for a week.

You must get on Spaceship Earth. It's really cool. The info and animatronics are stellar. Its a slow mover, dark, and you'll for sure be tempted to partake in a good make out session.

I haven't checked it out yet. One of my FB friends posted something about it. So what's the story, they're taking out the Main St bakery in MK and making it a full fledged Fourbucks? And in Epcot too? What are they replacing in Epcot? They should replace Club not-Cool if you ask me. I don't care so much about messing with Epcot or the other parks but MK and Disneyland are holy ground. Someone will end up in hell for this if you believe in that sort of thing.

Last edited by rentayenta; 11-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #390
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

They did put a Starbucks in DCA on Buena Vista Street. I have only heard good things about it. I am not a coffee drinker so this won't affect me.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: