Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
I winged it! Made a plan before hand and just went for it!!

The appliqués are from 'theappliquepatch' on etsy. So many wonderful, customizable, appliqués.

Give it a try!
Thanks for all of the info! I think I will give it a try now!

capshockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Magnetic Sheets from Staples

Hi!
Last February I used magnetic sheets for the the decoration around the room number, and pictures on our door. One was a family portrait from WDW.
It was perfect...as a matter of fact I still have that "portrait"...its on our refrigerator door

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
Hi!
Last February I used magnetic sheets for the the decoration around the room number, and pictures on our door. One was a family portrait from WDW.
It was perfect...as a matter of fact I still have that "portrait"...its on our refrigerator door
Thanks! I'm thinking I might go the magnet sheet route if I can find some locally! :D

Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
Disneydreamer MN
Earning My Ears

I had the machine at school and bought the magnetic backed laminate for our cruise. They turned out perfect! They were durable and I was very pleased with how they turned out. If you would use the machine for other things I think its a great way to go. I was able to a lot of magnets for both of our doors and several sets of ears for over the room number with one role of laminate. I used the discount coupon from Jo-Ann Fabrics to get a discount on the roll.
Disneydreamer MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
michelleh1
Mouseketeer

OP, I have a Xyron 900 machine and have used it for various projects. I've had an item on my fridge (the item is 8x10) for several years now and it still sticks great. Check your local craft stores and see if you can save some money by using a coupon for either the machine or the magnet cartridge.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #21
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreamer MN View Post
I had the machine at school and bought the magnetic backed laminate for our cruise. They turned out perfect! They were durable and I was very pleased with how they turned out. If you would use the machine for other things I think its a great way to go. I was able to a lot of magnets for both of our doors and several sets of ears for over the room number with one role of laminate. I used the discount coupon from Jo-Ann Fabrics to get a discount on the roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleh1 View Post
OP, I have a Xyron 900 machine and have used it for various projects. I've had an item on my fridge (the item is 8x10) for several years now and it still sticks great. Check your local craft stores and see if you can save some money by using a coupon for either the machine or the magnet cartridge.
Thank you both for the info. I've got a 60% off coupon for Joann's for this weekend, so I'm thinking I'll go and see what they have before making a final decision. Luckily I have a little time. :D If I can get one fairly cheap, I think it'll really be worth it to have this in the future. If not, I'll be out hunting for inkjet magnet sheets.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #22
Sharonstamps
One shoe can change your life

I have the large Xyron machine that you can buy the "magnetic cartridges". I just bought a cartridge at AC Moore and it was $40 but I had a 50% coupon. Not sure if you would think it worth it to buy the machine and cartridges just for your cruise. I can tell you that it does work great! I've already made my magnets for our Christmas Fantasy cruise coming up this Christmas and have them displayed on our refrigerator! This is our second cruise and I think I'm even more excited than the first! Have fun on your cruise!
Sharonstamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: