Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #3856
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
Do you think it makes any difference doing inperson or online checkin as far as getting what you requested or really just the luck of the draw?
Luck of the draw. Your room is assigned 1-2 days prior to your arrival whether you do online check in or not.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #3857
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

So excited. I booked a pirate room for our anniversary trip in May. It will be our first time ever being away from the kids. I did a room only and hoping for a nice discount. I can save money on the tickets by buying the FL resident passes. I was thinking about doing a package with the DP but I think we can spend less than it would to pay for the plan. Now I just need to our money plan to go my way. It is also a surprise for hubby. He has no idea and it kills me. Their are times I just want to bust out and say everything. This will be our first time staying on property and about the only time we can afford a mod level resort. I did the pirate room cause hubby is a kid at heart and when I showed him pics of the pirate room and he said "forget the kids I want to stay there". So that's why I did it for my big kid. He deserves it.
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #3858
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
So excited. I booked a pirate room for our anniversary trip in May. It will be our first time ever being away from the kids. I did a room only and hoping for a nice discount. I can save money on the tickets by buying the FL resident passes. I was thinking about doing a package with the DP but I think we can spend less than it would to pay for the plan. Now I just need to our money plan to go my way. It is also a surprise for hubby. He has no idea and it kills me. Their are times I just want to bust out and say everything. This will be our first time staying on property and about the only time we can afford a mod level resort. I did the pirate room cause hubby is a kid at heart and when I showed him pics of the pirate room and he said "forget the kids I want to stay there". So that's why I did it for my big kid. He deserves it.
Awesome! Good for you. Hope you have an awesome time!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #3859
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

ATMs at CBR?

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #3860
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
ATMs at CBR?
Yes. There is one at the Custom House and one at OPR.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #3861
HulaHoopy
Mouseketeer

CBR - Trip Review

We stayed at CBR from 10/24-10/31. This was our second time visiting at Disney and really enjoyed our trip. As other posters mentioned, it is huge! We paid for a preferred room and requested ground floor due to having two small children and a stroller. We in Trinidad North 33 and super close to the bus stop. I would definitely pay to stay preferred and close to the food and main pool.

I did online check in but the front desk was empty when we arrived at 10:30 AM. Our room was not ready but they texted us when it was available around 12. Our room was clean and we had no issues. The only cons would be the full size beds and the tiny bathroom. Although, not a big deal we found the room safe to be very tiny! It was only about 2 inches deep, so we couldn't keep much in it.

My kids loved the main pool and the kiddie play area. They even thought the pool side games were fun!

The food court had many options and we ate there quite a few times. I liked that they had a Mug Wash and a section with toppings (onions, tomato etc.)

One odd thing in the food court was the kids chicken nuggets. They were different from the adult ones and did not look appealing at all. If you have two children, I would suggest getting the adult size and splitting them.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #3862
SkaGoat
Mouseketeer

Staying in Caribbean Beach Barbados currently (09/11/12), they changed the locks over to RFID today (while we were out at the Wine & Dine Expo).

Caribbean beach lock by SkaGoat, on Flickr

Last edited by SkaGoat; 11-09-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #3863
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaGoat View Post
Staying in Caribbean Beach Bermuda currently (09/11/12), they changed the locks over to RFID today (while we were out at the Wine & Dine Expo).
Bermuda?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #3864
SkaGoat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Bermuda?
Barbados I'm an idiot, left the house at 3 AM this morning!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #3865
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaGoat
Staying in Caribbean Beach Barbados currently (09/11/12), they changed the locks over to RFID today (while we were out at the Wine & Dine Expo).

Caribbean beach lock by SkaGoat, on Flickr
What does RFID mean?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #3866
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
What does RFID mean?
An RFID door lock means you don't have to insert you card in the door to unlock it. If you look at the posted picture above, there is a pad above the door handle. All you have to do now is touch the pad with your KTTW and the door will unlock.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #3867
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

An RFID door lock means you don't have to insert you card in the door to unlock it. If you look at the posted picture above, there is a pad above the door handle. All you have to do now is touch the pad with your KTTW and the door will unlock.
Thanks that what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. Sounds like its a better thing compared to the key insert type.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #3868
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

My DD stayed with a friend recently at Great Wolf Lodge and they use the RFID system for everything, charging to the room, room locks, purchases in the gift shop, access to the water park, etc..... but their RFID is in a bracelet that is given to each member of your party at checkin. I can imagine if Disney did the bracelet thing, the bracelets would begin to get a bit haggard looking after a couple of days. No way would they last a week.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - POFQ ~ No Kids!!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #3869
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

We are staying here now in Aruba building 51 and there was a note on our table that they will be changing the locks over sometime this week!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #3870
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs
We are staying here now in Aruba building 51 and there was a note on our table that they will be changing the locks over sometime this week!
So jealous! Have a great time!!!!!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: