Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Julie711
Mouseketeer
 
Julie711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 839

Boardwalk Villa Room Request

We are leaving in 2 weeks for our first stay at the Boardwalk Villa's in a one bedroom and wondering if there is a certian area to request. We have two small children so wondering if along the actual boardwalk would be really noisy or near the pool area?
__________________

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,757

Check out posts #2-5 of the Boardwalk INN and Villas official information thread. It has detailed descriptions, reviews and pictures of the different room catagories/locations.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861186
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie711 View Post
We are leaving in 2 weeks for our first stay at the Boardwalk Villa's in a one bedroom and wondering if there is a certian area to request. We have two small children so wondering if along the actual boardwalk would be really noisy or near the pool area?
Did you book through CRO or with DVC points? If DVC points, your reservation should indicate which view is reserved: standard, pool/garden or boardwalk view. CRO reservations are all booked as standard and you usually get a view of one of the pools or the canal near the Swan. CRO reservations cannot get a boardwalk view.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Julie711
Mouseketeer
 
Julie711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Did you book through CRO or with DVC points? If DVC points, your reservation should indicate which view is reserved: standard, pool/garden or boardwalk view. CRO reservations are all booked as standard and you usually get a view of one of the pools or the canal near the Swan. CRO reservations cannot get a boardwalk view.
We rented points from someone, so would I have to ask them which view we have? My husband is dealing more with this part of the planning so Ill have to ask him if we recieved paperwork & if it indicates a location.
So since we rented the points can we request a change if we dont like the location? and any suggestions on best location?
Im going to check out dansdads suggestion as well!

Thanks
__________________

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,435

See map by Granny. Once you find out which view you have you can look at the options.

__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie711 View Post
We rented points from someone, so would I have to ask them which view we have? My husband is dealing more with this part of the planning so Ill have to ask him if we recieved paperwork & if it indicates a location.
So since we rented the points can we request a change if we dont like the location? and any suggestions on best location?
Im going to check out dansdads suggestion as well!

Thanks
If you booked last January for your Dec trip, you might have a standard view or the BW view. Otherwise, you probably have the preferred (garden/pool) view. You can request another villa, but they may make you pay the cleaning fee to move to another villa if you have already started to unpack. You won't be able to get a BW view unless you booked that specific view. And if you did get the standard view, you won't get a pool/water view, but a view of the parking lot and main drive. And that is what you will get.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
scott21
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21

Here is a site that show the different rooms and were they are
http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...able&tableid=6
scott21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
MdmMim

Loves rainy days!!
 
MdmMim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie711 View Post
We rented points from someone, so would I have to ask them which view we have? My husband is dealing more with this part of the planning so Ill have to ask him if we recieved paperwork & if it indicates a location.
So since we rented the points can we request a change if we dont like the location? and any suggestions on best location?
Im going to check out dansdads suggestion as well!

Thanks
It should be mentioned that if you don't like your location and are able to move, if the new room requires more points, they will most likely be taken from the owner's account. Pool and boardwalk views take more points than a standard view.
__________________
MdmMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Cee
DIS Veteran
 
Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Occoquan, VA
Posts: 4,987

We stayed in the Village Green section and it was a nice view and relatively quiet with the exception of the occasional leaf blower and rumbling linen bins.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
We stayed in the Village Green section and it was a nice view and relatively quiet with the exception of the occasional leaf blower and rumbling linen bins.
Village Green is only studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdmMim View Post
It should be mentioned that if you don't like your location and are able to move, if the new room requires more points, they will most likely be taken from the owner's account. Pool and boardwalk views take more points than a standard view.
Another thing to keep in mind is if you go to the room and decide you don't like it because of location they can charge you the room cleaning fee, which is $45 for a 1 bedroom.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
Julie711
Mouseketeer
 
Julie711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 839

DH looked it up and we have a one bedroom standard view room. So I guess that should be ok, I was more concerned with being on the actual boardwalk side and hearing the noise. Now just hope we dont get close to the parking lot with the bus noise

Thanks Everybody!
__________________

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
futreWDI
DIS Veteran
 
futreWDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 547

Since you do have a Standard one bedroom you have two things to think about. One is the walk distance to your room and the other is noise. If you request your one bedroom villa to be near an elevator or the lobby, you may have to deal with the noise at the front entrance (DME luggage cages being unloaded and busses). If you don't want to deal with the noise at all, then you would have to walk a little further down the hallway (although much closer to the walkway to Hollywood Studios). Best way to request this is to send a fax in. Of course no requests are guaranteed and anything can happen so be prepared for that! Enjoy your stay at Boardwalk!!!
__________________
futreWDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by futreWDI View Post
...Best way to request this is to send a fax in.....
DVC does not accept any faxes. Most of the resorts just trash them anyway.

OP, if you request a pool or water view, you will wind up costing the member more points. You will be limited to standard view which you should be able to see on the photo above.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron
 
Disney  Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Too far from WDW!! :(
Posts: 28,786

The people you rented points from would have probably selected the view, and since the Standard view uses the least amount of points, that's probably what you got. That's what I'd do if I was renting out my points.....least amount of point usage to conserve some points for myself to use!

Probably the best thing to do is check it out with them.
__________________
Disney Doll
Prepare your child for the path, not the path for your child.
Stop telling your God how big the storm is. Instead, tell the storm how big your God is.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
The people you rented points from would have probably selected the view, and since the Standard view uses the least amount of points, that's probably what you got. That's what I'd do if I was renting out my points.....least amount of point usage to conserve some points for myself to use!

Probably the best thing to do is check it out with them.
My guess is that the husband wanted to save as much money as possible and still get a BWV one bedroom. He booked early enough to get that. Members renting out their points usually want to get rid of as many as possible at one time.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.