Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #61
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Mmmm beinets so good.
They sure were. Now to find them around here.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #62
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great pics around the resort, it is such a charming place.

I really wanted to try the Beignets when we stayed at POFQ but we never got around to it. I'll have to get over there at least once next time we go down to WDW (Who knows maybe we will stay there? ) which unfortunately won't be until Fall 2014

Glad the large tour groups weren't too much of a problem.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #63
tazdev3225

When I left off we had made it to the Tree of Life but where should we go? Silly question, it's early and there are tour groups. We headed to Africa.

We saw some West African Crowned Cranes.

On our way to

We got in line at around 10:00. The wait time was listed as 20 minutes and it may have been. Because of the scooter we need to go to a different boarding area. I wish I had taken a picture there. We had a tour group in front of us. This was one of the few times that day they bothered me. Disney has a policy that 6 people go with the scooter/chairs. There were at least 14 people with the one directly in front of us. They were part of a tour group so there was no reason for the special treatment and there were at least 6 adults. Sorry but it annoys me when people do this and Disney allows it. Then you get to read all of the nasty threads on here about the evil people in chairs abusing them. Sorry rant over but I was really annoyed here.

We got on our safari vehicle with - YEP the tour group. I had the last row though so I was happy until

That was not zoomed in on. That vehicle came close to hitting us. The tour group in front of us

I honestly don't know how well they could Habla but I think they understood the driver repeatedly telling them to SIT DOWN!!! The only good thing was she had to stop and I could get a slightly clearer pic. And now I present the Safari

Sleeping Rhino

Hippos, and why I take this pic every trip is beyond me as I have gotten really great shots at the Philadelphia Zoo

Sleeping crocodile

Sable Antelope and Common Waterbuck

Ankole Cattle

The Giraffes were crossing the road

Mandrills

The rear of the safari vehicle. We were waiting for the group to sit down again and I noticed that there is a broom back there. I wanted to know if we were going to have to get out and sweep the trails

Elephants

Cheetahs

the Lionesses. I was so happy to get them alert

I was taking pics of the rhinos and this ostrich just poked his head up to look at me

Warthogs

And with that our safari was over and we made it back to civilization. Kristel had been texting Scott so we knew they were on their way to AK while we were in line. They arrived about the time we got on the safari and as we got off our safari theirs was just beginning. We stayed in Africa to wait for them. I was entertained by these guys

And watching people dance with them. It was a great way to pass the time. And I liked this poster

Scott and Vinny caught up to us and we began walking. On the way we saw

It was around 11:45 at this point based on pictures and notes. Coming up do we eat or go on rides?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #64
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great Safari pics! Awesome close up of DeVine, I just love her, she is so cool!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #65
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

I guess the bahama mama was not a good idea.

Never had a beignet yet. Maybe someday.

I think that horrible girl was in the green group. Maybe it was blue.

You got some great pics. Our safari was not so good.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #66
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great Safari pics! Awesome close up of DeVine, I just love her, she is so cool!
Thanks I was really happy with the safari pics. I love Devine. I have been known to stalk her. I try and get a time when I know she will be out to get a good spot and just watch sometimes. Seeing the reactions of people who knowing about her is really fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

I guess the bahama mama was not a good idea.

Never had a beignet yet. Maybe someday.

I think that horrible girl was in the green group. Maybe it was blue.

You got some great pics. Our safari was not so good.
Thanks Scott. I'm trying to catch up to you.

The Bahama Mama was really good. I had mono years ago and I wasn't allowed to drink for a year afterwards because my liver was effected by it. I guess it was long term. I can have a drink but every now and then it just gets me really sick.

There were so many groups there that day I'm surprised we didn't have more problems from them.

We really did have a great safari. It's funny how they can change that fast you were only a little behind us timewise.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #67
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

This last trip was the first time I didn't take photos on the safari, just enjoyed the ride.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #68
tazdev3225

When I left you all hanging we had left Africa, saw a moving vine and were headed towards Asia. Where were we headed? For FOOD!!! We were hungry. I know there are a lot of good places to try in AK but I have to eat here

I knew just what I wanted so I gave my order to Kristel and headed down to find a place to sit. It really wasn't to crowded yet which was surprising. I found my favorite spot with a view

Kristel and I both got

I love that pulled pork sandwich. I got chocolate mousse and she got a key lime (no pic)

The sandwich was good as always. The mousse is just too sweet. I don't like lime so I had little choice. Scott had a turkey sandwich that he said was very good. Vinny had me laughing. He ordered the Barbecued Chicken salad. He then complained the whole time he ate it that there was too much chicken in it. Now from what I saw there didn't seem to be a lot of chicken. He doesn't like chicken. I still don't know why he ordered it.

Anyway our hunger taken care of we went over to see some Dinosaurs. We were sent on a secret mission to bring one home with us. It was basically a walk-on. I managed to get this

Then Scott and Vinny got treated to a ride in the elevator. I have to take an elevator to the exit to get on and my party gets to go with me. We were seated quickly and I took a few pics. Most were horrible and I don't try that hard on this ride. I did get

Scott has the ride pic on his TR. After that we headed over to

Kristel wanted to ride Primeval Whirl. I don't spin. Scott doesn't like it and I'm pretty sure Vinny doesn't like it either. We told her to have fun, we'll wait. I took a few shots in the area while we waited. I liked this one as I never saw that area before.

Then I focused on here

I wanted to get a shot of Kristel on the ride. So I waited. And waited. And WAITED!!! Then Scott remembered there are two sides. We waited at the wrong one. Oh well there's always another day. She joined us and we wandered on.

We decided to see some friends. They left but came back.

I gave my camera to each handler to get the pics on my camera. One of them had a sense of humor and took a picture of my chest. I'm hoping it was a pic of my shirt as he did refer to me as Grumpy. My t-shirt that day said "Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice." My family seems to think it describes me.

Anyway we went on another walk.

A clue

Scott wanted to see

I went on this in August and had to leave about the time this guy appeared

My grandson is terrifed of bugs. Live, dead, fake, he doesn't care so I missed most of the show. It was nice seeing the whole thing this time. And a parting pic

It was actually a good thing I left in August. I hadn't seen the bug show in awhile and forgot about the spiders. They did scare a few people.

At this point Scott and Vinny were heading back to SSR for some down time and Kristel and I were staying to explore some more. Scott gave us his photopass lanyard so we could get the picture from Expedition Everest. With that we said our good byes and went our own ways.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #69
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
This last trip was the first time I didn't take photos on the safari, just enjoyed the ride.
I can't help myself. I can't enjoy it without the camera. My mom says she will never go to Disney with me again because I am annoying taking pictures.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #70
tazdev3225

Scott and Vinny left and Kristel and I headed back to Asia to see the Yeti. We decided to get FP's and put the Yeti on hold. We had some time to kill, maybe 30 to 45 minutes? So we went on a trek - the Maharajah's Jungle Trek. Now I have attempted to identify the birds and animals as I got through here and so far have had little success. My husband already knows when we go down next year I am going to get an identity of everything I take a picture of.

Right now I have a Duck

A different duck

A crane

The bike is no longer in this scene

A good shot of the tiger

This one I know - a MAndarin duck

Nicobar pigeon

Fairy Bluebird

Victoria Crowned Pigeon

As I was taking pics in here Kristel just kept looking at me like I was a little crazy. I am afraid of birds. I will run and hide when I see a bunch of birds together. She has seen me in action. When she came to visit over the summer we went down the shore. There are gulls everywhere. Someone dropped a pizza and the gulls descended from everywhere. Rational person that I am I ran screaming looking for cover. For whatever reason I forget this when I am taking pictures. More birds

The elusive and very FAST Golden Pheasant

Yes I did take a lot of pics of birds and I really appreciated the fact that Kristel let me spend some time here doing that. She did get her reward for it though. As I was concentrating on trying to get the shot of the Golden Pheasant a couple of the smaller birds took flight - aiming right for my head. I felt the wind rush past me and heard their wings flapping. I knew they were headed to peck out my eyes. OK I have seen Hitchcock's The Birds a few times too many. They did come perilously close to my head though. Rational person that I am I SCREAMED! I dove sideways while screaming over the scooter. Not an easy task wearing Frankensteins boot I must say. I had several people look at me like I lost all sense of sanity and yes at the moment I did. Kristel laughed a long time over that one and teased me a few times too.

Having survived "The Birds" we headed to find Bigfoot.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #71
poofiesdream
Disney always and forever

Saw you I think

Were you at Epcot on Friday the 12th? I was going on Soaring and swear I saw that decorated scooter out side of the ladies room near the entrance. I am usually a looker and this is my first response. We were there Oct 7th-13th. My daughter got married that Wednesday and that was why we were at Disney. I live in Florida 3 hours south of Disney near Palm Beach. I couldn't believe the picture of your scooter and remembering seeing it!! I also always used Walker for my husband and there scooter's have been going downhill the last few times we used them. Lots of problems. Going in December using Apple Scooters who can delivery to bell services.

Last edited by poofiesdream; 11-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #72
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofiesdream View Post
Were you at Epcot on Friday the 12th? I was going on Soaring and swear I saw that decorated scooter out side of the ladies room near the entrance. I am usually a looker and this is my first response. We were there Oct 7th-13th. My daughter got married that Wednesday and that was why we were at Disney. I live in Florida 3 hours south of Disney near Palm Beach. I couldn't believe the picture of your scooter and remembering seeing it!! I also always used Walker for my husband and there scooter's have been going downhill the last few times we used them. Lots of problems. Going in December using Apple Scooters who can delivery to bell services.
Hi. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom. I actually was at EPCOT on October 12th and used that rest room. You were there the same dates we had. I know the Palm Beach area. My aunt lived in Palm Beach Gardens and I have a cousin in West Palm Beach. My aunt moved to half an hour from Disney and never goes there. Congrats on your DD's marriage.

I have had issues with Walker's scooters the last 2 trips but they were really good about getting me a new one right away. I like the basket on their scooters better than what I have seen on other companies. I will have to see what I want to do next year. I will have to figure out how to decorate Apples scooters because I am not waiting around for drop-off and delivery with Walker. They are hoping to get on the preferred list by next year though.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #73
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Oh I wish we stayed. Between you and Vinny in the with birds I would have wet myself.

You did get some great shots of the birds.

Flame Tree was basically empty and I think that is why we went then.

ITTBAB is so much fun.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #74
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Oh I wish we stayed. Between you and Vinny in the with birds I would have wet myself.

You did get some great shots of the birds.

Flame Tree was basically empty and I think that is why we went then.

ITTBAB is so much fun.
You definitely would have wet yourself. I think Kristel didn't because we had a potty break before we headed in to the birds.

Thanks I am terrified of them but I do love to get pics of them. Ususally from under a hoodie.

It really was almost empty when we got there. I do have to branch out and try something else one day but I love that pulled pork.

It was a fun show. I'm glad I got to see the end this time.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #75
poofiesdream
Disney always and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Hi. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom. I actually was at EPCOT on October 12th and used that rest room. You were there the same dates we had. I know the Palm Beach area. My aunt lived in Palm Beach Gardens and I have a cousin in West Palm Beach. My aunt moved to half an hour from Disney and never goes there. Congrats on your DD's marriage.

I have had issues with Walker's scooters the last 2 trips but they were really good about getting me a new one right away. I like the basket on their scooters better than what I have seen on other companies. I will have to see what I want to do next year. I will have to figure out how to decorate Apples scooters because I am not waiting around for drop-off and delivery with Walker. They are hoping to get on the preferred list by next year though.

What are the odds of me seeing you there! WOW!!! We go a few times a year. I actually live in Lake Worth out by the turnpike. We are going again Dec. 9th for a week. We have use Walker for years and always loved them. There scooters just aren't kept up as well lately. Yes my husband likes there basket the best too. Its so big.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: