Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1516
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I had one of those "oh, DUH!" moments today. I was on the Disney site, getting ready to pre-purchase my photopass. Transferred the money from my savings to checking and was in the check out screen when I saw a little spot for paying with a Disney GIFT CARD. Hold the phone! Right now Safeway is giving 4x gas reward points for gift card purchases. Right now I have double gas points loaded on my club card. So every time I get 100 points, I get a 20¢ per gallon discount. Which is 20 cents off for every $25 card I buy right now. SWEET! so, let's see - go to Safeway, buy a $100 gift card, get 400 points and get EIGHTY CENTS a gallon off my next fill up. Yes, please. LOL That's a $10 savings!
Ok... SO I am just trying to get caught up... But... this is how I paid for almost my ENTIRE WDW trip!! I under budgeted a bit (I forgot to factor in pool bars and lounges lol!!) but I figure we saved 10% off our trip this way!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #1517
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Yay Paula!! I hope you can come! It would be nice to meet you!

I have been talking to a couple girls about a room, but nothing is set in stone yet. I have a room booked at the HoJo, but I am looking to possibly stay at the DLH though, or PPH as I have never been able to stay in a Disney Hotel (apart from Pop Century), and I want the experience!

I can't remember the screen name of the person that I was talking about rooms to. She was from Canada too! Ontario I think.
It would be nice to meet you too Andrea! I don't think I can commit to a room yet as like I say I need to see where my finances are first. But if you still have a spot when I know I am open to sharing with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hi Paula, I really hope you can make it! That would be great!
Thanks Beth! If I go I think I am off of work for most of February! I need to have some money saved if that's going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
You should come! It's tons of fun, and we like to go into the parks

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
And you like to eat good food! It's the best of BOTH worlds!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #1518
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps

LOL! Yes, this is also true!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #1519
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post

Oh yes, meals are a very important part of every Diva trip!

Good morning, ladies! TGIF!! The kids have a 3 day weekend which I am very thankful for. Hope y'all have a good day!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #1520
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yes, meals are a very important part of every Diva trip!

Good morning, ladies! TGIF!! The kids have a 3 day weekend which I am very thankful for. Hope y'all have a good day!
My daughter's school took off today and Monday, so she's sleeping in. For some reason they have today off for nothing, but only Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving rather than the whole week like my other daughter who goes to school in California.

We're packing up the stuff we have here at my parents' place today and getting the keys to our new place in the morning. I can't wait.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #1521
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Just a quick hello from me. I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm beyond exhausted. Cliff & I are staying the night at the Grand Californian on Monday and I'm most excited about sleeping in...sad really, but Laila never let's me sleep in on the weekends and I miss the extra sleep.

Mel~ love the pic. Your grandkids are adorable but that's not shocking since your such a beautiful lady

Paula~ I hope it works out that you can make it on the trip.

Beth & Deb~ a bachlorette party in Vegas would be awesome! But there is no way I can make it to Vegas before March. Is it against the rules to have a bachlorette party after you get married...
Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #1522
Alex2kMommy
I'm going a little nutso myself (and Disney says I'm Goofy)and I dumped gracelessly butt-first into the pool
Who puts a hickey on an eyelid, for cryin' out loud?

Happy Friday, ladies!

I've been AWOL again... GEE, I can't even remember when I last checked in. But since it is November already, I thought I best start checking in regularly to make sure I haven't missed out on planning info.

It is cold here in the Northwest (38F when I got up today) but gorgeously Which reminds me, I need to buy a new pair of or two, since I broke the last pair this summer.

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!

graphic design by eatmypixiedust
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #1523
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post

We're packing up the stuff we have here at my parents' place today and getting the keys to our new place in the morning. I can't wait.
Exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Beth & Deb~ a bachlorette party in Vegas would be awesome! But there is no way I can make it to Vegas before March. Is it against the rules to have a bachlorette party after you get married...
Rules? There are no rules in Vegas!
Enjoy your stay at the GCH with Cliff! So you're looking forward to "sleeping in", huh? Is that what you call it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2kMommy View Post

It is cold here in the Northwest (38F when I got up today) but gorgeously Which reminds me, I need to buy a new pair of or two, since I broke the last pair this summer.

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!
Hi, Michelle. Good to see you! Where in WA are you? Ruben and I are taking a trip there on Dec. 6. We're going to spend time on the San Juan Islands, Whidbey Island and in Seattle. I am hoping for cool weather, and maybe some rain! But, not freezing rain, or snow! Yikes.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #1524
Alex2kMommy
I'm going a little nutso myself (and Disney says I'm Goofy)and I dumped gracelessly butt-first into the pool
Who puts a hickey on an eyelid, for cryin' out loud?

Hi, Beth!

I'm on "The Eastside", or just east of Seattle. How lovely you're going to the Islands! What are you going to see in Seattle? There's a new (giant!) waterfront ferris wheel that folks are raving about, you might have time to check it out! I've heard the views from there are great (assuming it's not foggy or rainy, which it usually is...) If you like the rain, sweetheart, you are going to looooove Seattle!

I'm much more partial to the sun myself. (Why do I live here again?!?)

graphic design by eatmypixiedust
Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #1525
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2kMommy View Post
Hi, Beth!

I'm on "The Eastside", or just east of Seattle. How lovely you're going to the Islands! What are you going to see in Seattle? There's a new (giant!) waterfront ferris wheel that folks are raving about, you might have time to check it out! I've heard the views from there are great (assuming it's not foggy or rainy, which it usually is...) If you like the rain, sweetheart, you are going to looooove Seattle!

I'm much more partial to the sun myself. (Why do I live here again?!?)
We aren't in Seattle for very long, most of our time will be on Orcas Island. But, while in Seattle, I've booked two tours. The Spooked in Seattle tour, which is a tour of the "haunted" areas around Pioneer Square. And, we booked the Savor Seattle tour, which is a tour of Pike Place market.

I saw pics online of that ferris wheel. I am scared of heights, so I'll probably pass on that one. lol Maybe. We'll see if I can get up enough courage.

We have oodles of sun here in Vegas. We need to trade locales!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #1526
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
I went through all my Halloween stuff and got rid of quite a bit. Just junky stuff that I haven't used in years. Gave me room for my new item. His head has an orange light inside. He's 6 feet tall and very cool!
Love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
LOVE him!! I was looking at something similar but we ended up with the creepy scarecrow instead.
Since our van died, I wasn't able to get out and look at any Halloween clearance. Bummer. That's when we usually score our best deals. I wanted some scary pumpkin tiki torches that I saw at Party City. Oh, well.

Subtle.
I didn't go out until 2 days after on purpose, had I gone the next day I would have spent way too much $$, by going out later I was able to get great stuff for a lot less. lol And I just picked up some stuff at the grocery store yesterday for 75% off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Hello!! So it's all together possible I may be able to make the Diva's trip this year so I thought I would start hanging around here a bit!! I won't know for sure till probably the end of the year as I need to see where my finances will be though...

I'll also need a REALLY cheap hotel room or a roommate...

I love food so I'll probably spend my money there instead of a nicer room lol.

Quote:
We aren't in Seattle for very long, most of our time will be on Orcas Island. But, while in Seattle, I've booked two tours. The Spooked in Seattle tour, which is a tour of the "haunted" areas around Pioneer Square. And, we booked the Savor Seattle tour, which is a tour of Pike Place market.

I saw pics online of that ferris wheel. I am scared of heights, so I'll probably pass on that one. lol Maybe. We'll see if I can get up enough courage.

We have oodles of sun here in Vegas. We need to trade locales!
I'm so excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear about it!

Well it's Friday, TGIF!! Boss isn't in again today and he was basically told by his boss to just stay home until his Dr clears him to come back. *sigh*
Tonight I have class at the bar, first class in a month! LOL I had people asking me about lessons every time I went out last month. LOL But it's good to know they like them (and me). I've been doing a little research into some new dances, hoping to bring in some new fun ones soon.
Tomorrow is one of the BFF's birthday parties so I'll be hanging out with her, at least for dinner and after. I'm planning to make some gluten free cupcakes with a mix I have, hopefully they turn out good. lol Sunday I'm working the 49er game for money for the marching band, specifically for Cassidy's account, so $$$$ to be in band and I would rather work for it I guess. But it will be a long exhausting day. Hopefully doing this twice will be all I need to almost pay for her band dues 100%.
So another long week into a long weekend, into a long week....geez, no wonder I'm always tired. LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #1527
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Hi everyone! Life is just a big fat bowl of fun here, let me tell you. So, we put in a new bathtub/surround in the hall (DH's) bathroom in the middle of October. Finally got the last of the work done the other day and waited the 48 hours for the caulk to set. So, last night it was kinda chilly and I thought I'd take a bath in the new tub. So I go in there and clean up the tub (drywall dust, hand and foot prints, etc). The new faucet is odd, only turns 90 degrees from off to all the way cold. That will take some getting used to (the old one turned almost 270 degrees). So then I pull the little diverter to test the shower head. WATER STARTS COMING OUT FROM BEHIND THE SURROUND! ACK! Panic time. So, I call the neighbor and he comes down and takes the faucet off and tests it again while looking into the wall to see what's going on. Luckily, it was a relatively easy fix - one of the connections for the spout wasn't seated properly and so when we engaged the diverter, it leaked. So we left the hardware off overnight to help dry it out a little and he came by this morning and put it all back together. New caulk. Another 48 hour wait. I swear, I'll get that bath SOMEDAY. LOL

Two weeks from right now, I'll be on a plane bound for WDW! As a matter of fact, I should be arriving in Chicago right about this time. Hoping for good flying weather - I so did NOT want to travel thru Chicago, but it was the best set of flights that I could get on the free ticket! Coming home I go thru my usual airport, Las Vegas. I know that Southwest terminal pretty well. LOL

Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #1528
mommaU4

Kerri, have fun at your friends birthday party!

Lisa, hope you get that bath soon. lol Hopefully it doesn't have to wait until you are in WDW. Two weeks! That's exciting.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #1529
mommaU4

Good afternoon, ladies!!

We are enjoying a blast of cold weather here, finally! Only 51 degrees here right now. I am bundled up, just being lazy at home with the family. Did some baking this morning. Hope y'all are having a good day.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1530
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

We had a high of 51 also. Hate it. It was so windy that it felt like 31.
I'm baking tomorrow. An apple pecan tart. That's about it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: