Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

Can you cancel/change onboard activities?

Can you cancel or change onboard activities without penalty?? We recently paid in full so we can begin scheduling these things. I have BBB scheduled, and I know we want to plan at least one excursion through disney. My problem is that there are 3 families going and we havent narrowed it down to which one. Could I book the one I think we are probably doing, then if they decide against it change without penalty?

I am starting to see some excursions being sold out and I don't want to miss out by waiting too long.

Thanks!
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can cancel anything in advance up to 3 days before EMBARKATION (not before the event) without penalty.

After that, you will be charged for excursions. Palo must be canceled by 2 pm the day of the dinner to avoid a charge, spa must be given 24 hour notice. NOTE--on spa that if you book anything before the second afternoon, you'll need to do the 3 day before embarkation or pay the penalty (50% of cost of service). Also, the spa usually offers a special for any service before noon on the second day, so if you wanted that time, I'd wait and get the special price on board.

DCL on board will maintain a wait list for some excursions. If you want to cancel and they can re-sell your spot, you will not be charged. If they cannot re-sell it, in most cases you are charged although they have been known to make exceptions for an accident that occurs on board.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

Thank you!! I just couldn't find this answer on the website (although I'm sure it's there somewhere) and I hated to wait on the phone line to find out.

I don't want to take a space that we won't use, but if it's looking likely we will do a certain one I think I'll go ahead & get it booked!

Thanks again!!
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: