Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hey guys! Just wanted to ask the people who have been to CRT a question. I was wondering what the breakfast is like. I see its an all you can eat, pre- plated breakfast. Do you pick one item and then they repeatedly bring it to you if you
want more? Or Are you able to pick multiple items? Does that make sense? Also, is it the same for dinner? Thanks!

Do you recommend breakfast or dinner there?

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Just ate there. They won't bring you anything more unless you ask for more. Also you can choose anything different to try. I had two different entrees. This was for breakfast but I assume it would be the same at dinner

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Just ate there. They won't bring you anything more unless you ask for more. Also you can choose anything different to try. I had two different entrees. This was for breakfast but I assume it would be the same at dinner
Good to know this, as there have been some recent threads over whether this was still the case and I have gotten very confused!

We've only done dinner there in the past, looking forward to our breakfast there in April.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985
Thanks so much! That was helpful. Anyone else have a preference? (Breakfast/Dinner)

Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
River Country
DIS Jedi

Unless breakfast has signicantly changed i prefer the dinner over the breakfast

Lunch wasnt bad but also not worth it. I think i had a sandwhich for lunch and it was way over priced, experience aside.

Dinner was actually quite good i had a nice pasta dish i forgot what the DW and DD had
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

I thought the food at breakfast was very good. My waited was awful though. I ended up ordering 3 entrees LOL! I gave one to my DD - the kids meal was ridiculously skimpy.

I liked that breakfast was all you care to eat. Depending on the waiter, they will NOT tell you this though. I was really curious how my waiter would handle it so I didn't say too much in the beginning - but definitely I was not encouraged to order more. And when I asked for 2 entrees at the beginning, he said "I'll see what I can do" rather than "yes".

I really enjoyed the selections at breakfast.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
I thought the food at breakfast was very good. My waited was awful though. I ended up ordering 3 entrees LOL! I gave one to my DD - the kids meal was ridiculously skimpy.

I liked that breakfast was all you care to eat. Depending on the waiter, they will NOT tell you this though. I was really curious how my waiter would handle it so I didn't say too much in the beginning - but definitely I was not encouraged to order more. And when I asked for 2 entrees at the beginning, he said "I'll see what I can do" rather than "yes".

I just want that crab crepe thingie!!! Looks wonderful!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
HulaHoopy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just want that crab crepe thingie!!! Looks wonderful!!!
I had the crepes two weeks ago and was not impressed. There was way too much sauce on it and it was pretty bland. However, there were a few large crab pieces.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
HulaHoopy
Mouseketeer

By the way, the kids breakfast meal when we were there was 2 french toast sticks, 3 pieces of bacon, and a little bit of scrambled eggs. Good for a 3/4 year old but probably not enough for 6-9 unless you have a light eater.

We did ask and get extra cinnamon buns and strawberres.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj

You mentioned the kids meal was skimpy... Couldn't you order them more food too since its 'all you care to eat' or is that just for adults?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Yes - the kids portions were very skimpy. I was annoyed that our waiter did not mention we could order more. If I didn't know from the Dis, I would not have realised it was possible because my waiter did everything he could to discourage extra orders.

Because I knew from the Dis, I ordered an extra plate of bacon - and that turned out to be a large plate. Plus I ordered the stuffed french toast and gave it to my DD, who thoroughly enjoyed it.

I just think its ridiculous for a restaurant that charges kids $30 for BREAKFAST to bring out that skimpy plate. Even though you certainly can order more, it's a bit disgraceful IMO. Just made a bad impression for a very expensive meal, kwim? I burst out laughing and immediately took a pic (posted in my review in my sig). To make things worse, it came in a huge plate which made it look even skimpier. I felt bad for the majority of families who I bet didn't know they could order more.

As for the crepes - I really liked it - I love sauce and there was PLENTY. If you're not into that much sauce, ymmv.

I'm glad we went for breakfast - we definitely enjoyed the new menu.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
I see its an all you can eat, pre- plated breakfast. Also, is it the same for dinner?
As far as I know, it's only at breakfast that you can ask for additional servings.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

The cream cheese French toast was soooo good when we went yum

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

I liked the stuffed French toast but I absolutely LOVED the Steak and Eggs. We prefer CRT breakfast to dinner.
April 2014 - Disney Dream
Future Trips: August 2014 - offsite; October 2014 - MNSSHP, US and IoA

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: