Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #496
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle4 View Post
I think Pirate Bob has cabin 9040 and herbirthek has cabin 9038
Yes, these are our stateroom numbers. But I would still like to know, when do we put on our pirate gear, before or after dinner?
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #497
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob

Yes, these are our stateroom numbers. But I would still like to know, when do we put on our pirate gear, before or after dinner?
Before is my understanding. I asked this too
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #498
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post

HERE IS OUR PHOTO FROM THE MEMBER CRUISE 2 MONTHS AGO. WE DRESS UP BEFORE THE FIRST SHOW AND SIT IN THE THEATRE TO WATCH THE SHOW THEN WANDER AROUND AND DOWN TO DINNER. HOPEFULLY ALL 7 OF US WILL BE DRESSED UP ON THIS CRUISEIM NOT GOING TO BE WEARING THAT PHONEY BEARD IVE BEEN GROWING A GOATEE JUST FOR THE CRUISE
Is there a special pirate show on pirate night?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #499
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obslady View Post
I've seen where since it's a cruise so close to Christmas that some people are just using stockings for their FE. Since it's just your husband and yourself, that may be a great solution to the cost of making an FE...and easy to personalize too.

As far as the actual FE gifts, you can be as creative as you like. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. If you're crafty, make something. If not, look at the dollar store. There are all sorts of Disney items, lotions, journals, photo albums/frames that you could use. You could put together your favorite holiday recipes from the region you live in. There are so many possibilities...don't feel it's a financial responsibility (after all, this is vacation...NO ADDED STRESSORS ALLOWED)!!!

Have fun with it.
Thanks for posting this. I have been going back and forth on this. I really wanted to try it. I have 3 kids so don't have time to make things, and those FEs that people sell on ebay are ridiculously expensive. Using stockings is a great idea, and I think I can come up with something now that I have an idea of what people do as gifts.

So DVC Deernut can you please add me to the FE? It will be myself (katie), DH (Dan), DS9 Caleb, DS7 Sam, and DD4 Grace. We are in stateroom 6682.. I think lol!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #500
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelv93 View Post
Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas?
Just found this on another thread! Wow I'm getting excited! Love the idea of doing our Christmas card photo here!

celebrate the magic of the holiday season November 2012 through early January 2013 onboard the Disney Cruise Line® ships and at Disney's Castaway Cay.

The festive events and activities onboard include:
• A tree-lighting ceremony in the atrium lobby, where "snow" magically falls
• Character "meet and greets" in appropriate holiday attire
• International holiday caroling by Crew members from around the world
• Special family time, when families join together to design and decorate their own gingerbread houses.
• Classic holiday story time

The festive events and activities at Disney's Castaway Cay include:
• Castaway Cay transformed into a Magical Wonderland with “snow” flurries, a Christmas Tree, Mr. and Mrs. Snowman (with shell noses and tropical shirts)
• Carolers
• The island's tram decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and tail
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #501
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
You can do it either way...but I would suggest before dinner...all the servers are in their pirate costumes. We generally have late dining so we put ours on to go to the show....

Hope this helps!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #502
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin lady View Post
You can do it either way...but I would suggest before dinner...all the servers are in their pirate costumes. We
have late dining so we put ours on to go to the show....

Hope this helps!
WE SHOULD MEET BEFORE THE SHOW SINCE WE WILL BE DRESSED UP ALSO AND WAKLK INTO THE THEATRE TOGETHER WE HAVE LATE DINING ALSO
Old 11-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #503
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
here is updated fe list.

Dvc deernut laura(dw) ian(dh) cabin 7002
cara(dfiancee) skye(dd)16 hailey(dd)9 cabin 7000

reigle4 rick(dh) melinda(dw) jade(dgd)8 cabin 6112
jenny(dw) richard(dh) kay(dd)7 cabin 6114

obslady brandy(dw) david(dh) cabin 5650
talia(dd)17 keegan(ds)12

jjmom jeanette(dm) jaden(ds)13 janessa(dd)12 cabin 2023

drumexpert510 brad(dboyfriend) kaitlin(dgirlfriend) jennifer(dmom) cabin 8588

amanda202 amanda(dw) anton(dh) cabin ?

Piratebob bano(dw) bob(dh) cabin 9040

herbiethek herb(dh) janet(dw) cabin 9038

soaringlady kathryn(dw) marcel(dh) cabin 10514
corale(dm) cabin 10518

purplelv93 monique(dbff) yolanda(dbff) cabin 7140

michelfamily jessica(dw) rich(dh) bre(dd)9 claire(dd)3 cabin ?

Shoevg vanessa julie cabin 10062

ivyhvc25 kristin kiera cabin 2556

katiebear katie(dw) dan(dh) caleb(ds)9 sam(ds)7 grace(dd)4 cabin 6682

any corrections please let me know.
newest update
Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #504
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WE SHOULD MEET BEFORE THE SHOW SINCE WE WILL BE DRESSED UP ALSO AND WAKLK INTO THE THEATRE TOGETHER WE HAVE LATE DINING ALSO
We are at the age where we need early bird, but we will see you at the party.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #505
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=dvc deernut;46667498]WE SHOULD MEET BEFORE THE SHOW SINCE WE WILL BE DRESSED UP ALSO AND WAKLK INTO THE THEATRE TOGETHER WE HAVE LATE DINING ALSO[/QUOTE

Sounds like a plan!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #506
Gizmoses2003
Earning My Ears

I love the idea of the Fe's. When is the last day to sigh up.? I keep the grandkids often and havent started getting ready for cocoa beach yet. Much less the cruise . Can you give me a coule days to try and figure something out? Is there a meet and greet?
Gizmoses2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #507
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Well ladies and gentlemen... An update.

Kaitlin figured out the board spelling out "Ultimate Orlando Vacation". She sat in front of it for 5 hours straight yesterday. So she thinks she knows that and isn't being as nosey anymore and has accepted that her surprise is in Orlando not a cruise. I think I have this one in the bag... As long as I don't do something to mess it up like leav cruise docs out lol.
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #508
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoses2003 View Post
I love the idea of the Fe's. When is the last day to sigh up.? I keep the grandkids often and havent started getting ready for cocoa beach yet. Much less the cruise . Can you give me a coule days to try and figure something out? Is there a meet and greet?
THE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY BUT SINCE YOUR ASKING ABOUT SIGNING UP NOW I DONT THINK ANYONE WOULD MIND IF YOU TOOK A COUPLE DAYS TO DECIDE. IM OK WITH THAT BUT ITS UP TO EVERYONE ELSE. DONT LEAVE YOUR DECISION TOO LONG WE ARE GOING TO HAVE MEET AND GREET EITHER AT WAVES ON TOP DECK OR BON VOYAGE ON DECK 3 BY THE ATRIUM. BOTH WERE SUGGESTED AT 3pm ON SUNDAY..
Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #509
katiebear
Mouseketeer

I was just pulling out my Christmas decorations today. We leave for our pre-cruise trip to WDW on November 21st. Since we won't be home for quite a while, I want to get my decorating done now!

Anyway, I had been planning on just using our Christmas stockings for the FE. Then a sad thought crossed my mind... would anyone take them from our door? I've had the same one my whole life. I don't know why anyone would want a 34 year old stocking that says "Katie" (it is a popular name !), but just had to ask for peace of mind! Any insight on FE theft would be helpful!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #510
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
I was just pulling out my Christmas decorations today. We leave for our pre-cruise trip to WDW on November 21st. Since we won't be home for quite a while, I want to get my decorating done now!

Anyway, I had been planning on just using our Christmas stockings for the FE. Then a sad thought crossed my mind... would anyone take them from our door? I've had the same one my whole life. I don't know why anyone would want a 34 year old stocking that says "Katie" (it is a popular name !), but just had to ask for peace of mind! Any insight on FE theft would be helpful!
If it were me, I would go buy a less exensive stocking...anything from the dollar store they had felt ones, Lowes (I bought 2 furry ones for about $3.00 each, or Wal Mart they had some $1 and $2 stockings too)! I wouldn't risk someone taking it as it is an item that is not replaceable! If you wanted JoAnns an Michaels have glitter glue, you could always write your name with that or get some inexpensive stick on letters and use those instead. Just a couple of ideas for you. Like I had mentioned befoer we have only done one FE exchange before, and we didn't have any problems...but did have someone say that a FE had gone missing. Others also suggested using a tie wrap to secure your FE to the fish.

Hope this helps!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: