Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #736
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
oooohhhh...that's tough..but I know if you handed me a phone and told me I couldn't use it I would be upset! Especially if I thought I was getting an ipod, then unwrap a phone...He'll have a Christmas high followed by a great big let down...but that's just my 2 cents! I don't know your son, but I am just telling you how I would feel and I think my boys would react that way also,......Curious what others think too!

^^this. Although I think I'd upgrade that Ipod touch to a 32 or 64gb. Really, REALLY glad DH tallked me into purchasing the 64gb for our DD9 for her bday this past summer.

Portifino Bay - June, 2015; [/COLOR]Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #737
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikilyn View Post
I have a dilemma! I picked up my DS 9 an Ipod Touch 8gig as his big Christmas gift. Dh comes home today with an Iphone 4s 32 gig phone . We just bought two Galaxy s3 (one for me and one for my dd). My husband doesn't know what to do with the phone. I told him to just sell it (sounded like a good plan to me) but dh feels awkward about it.

Now dh has this idea and I don't know how I feel about it. I think it might send mixed signals to our ds9 but dh says it will be ok. He wants me to return the Ipod touch and we'll give him the iphone 4s as his big present. The phone will not have service. Dh wants him to have it as an ipod. But I think Ds will be upset that he can't use it as a phone. I kind of think "whats the point", tease ds with a phone as his Christmas gift. Dh also wants to give him a stipulation that if he can take care of the iphone, when he turns 10 we'll have it turned on (prepaid) and then he can use it for a phone.

What would you guys do? Give ds the new ipod touch or the iphone? In the end I just don't want my ds to be disappointed, especially on Christmas day.
I'd sell that puppy in a heartbeat
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #738
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
Can anyone suggest a good flashlight for a toddler? I'd really prefer one with an auto-off feature if possible.
I like these. The light comes from the mouth when it's opened

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-G.../dp/B00137N33K
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #739
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikilyn View Post
I have a dilemma! I picked up my DS 9 an Ipod Touch 8gig as his big Christmas gift. Dh comes home today with an Iphone 4s 32 gig phone . We just bought two Galaxy s3 (one for me and one for my dd). My husband doesn't know what to do with the phone. I told him to just sell it (sounded like a good plan to me) but dh feels awkward about it.

Now dh has this idea and I don't know how I feel about it. I think it might send mixed signals to our ds9 but dh says it will be ok. He wants me to return the Ipod touch and we'll give him the iphone 4s as his big present. The phone will not have service. Dh wants him to have it as an ipod. But I think Ds will be upset that he can't use it as a phone. I kind of think "whats the point", tease ds with a phone as his Christmas gift. Dh also wants to give him a stipulation that if he can take care of the iphone, when he turns 10 we'll have it turned on (prepaid) and then he can use it for a phone.

What would you guys do? Give ds the new ipod touch or the iphone? In the end I just don't want my ds to be disappointed, especially on Christmas day.
I really think that's going to lead to big disappointment Christmas morning. Every kid that age wants a phone.

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #740
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I agree no matter what you should get more than an 8g. Those apps take a lot of memory.

I'm so close to being done! I ordered my 4 year old ds a small air hockey table today from Wal Mart. It was only $50. Just hoping it's not a big piece of junk. There are so many of those out there it was hard to decide.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #741
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Last night was Santa's arrival at our mall. They have a big celebration for it every year so we took DD2 and had a good time. Got picture with Santa, didn't turn out very well but at least that's done. She loved when it "snowed" outside Disney style.

After that I returned the Princess bedding to ToysRUs since I got it cheaper on Disneystore.com using the friends and family code. Am I the only one who goes through the constant cycle of returns getting ready for Christmas? I swear as soon as I buy something I see it cheaper elsewhere then there goes my happy butt into the return line

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #742
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post

After that I returned the Princess bedding to ToysRUs since I got it cheaper on Disneystore.com using the friends and family code. Am I the only one who goes through the constant cycle of returns getting ready for Christmas? I swear as soon as I buy something I see it cheaper elsewhere then there goes my happy butt into the return line
I'm with you. In fact, DS, in typical 3YO fashion, has moved from Doc McStuffins to Octonauts, which is more his style anyway. So back I'm going to return the little Doc McStuffins and just ordered Octonauts stuff the minute it dropped in price!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #743
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
Last night was Santa's arrival at our mall. They have a big celebration for it every year so we took DD2 and had a good time. Got picture with Santa, didn't turn out very well but at least that's done. She loved when it "snowed" outside Disney style.

I totally do this. I keep a spreadsheet of every item I buy and the price I paid so I can easily refer to it if I see a sale.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #744
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I can't live without my spreadsheets during the holiday season. I have already returned a few things as well. Now that the BF ads are coming out I at least can see what items are going to be on sale for what price to determine if I should wait or pick up now. I have to say I am not impressed with the ads so far this year. Of course still waiting on the Toys R Us ad. However I am glad several stores are going to have Brave and a few other new release movies for really cheap (Blu Ray/DVD Combo packs for $8-$10 depending on store). So I will wait until BF to pick those up instead of now.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #745
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I totally do this. I keep a spreadsheet of every item I buy and the price I paid so I can easily refer to it if I see a sale.
I keep track of every item I buy for each daughter, and stocking stuffers, including the cost.
It's easy to keep everything straight in my head this way, and keep the amount if presents, and amount of money spent on each daughter even.

I know at a glance what I've bought, and what I still need to buy!
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #746
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I'm running out of places to hide stuff!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #747
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
LOL! I hear you. That is why I'm trying to start shipping boxes to distant relatives ASAP just to get rid of some of the stuff in my closet!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #748
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

Luckily a lot of my stuff is still in layaway, but Heaven help me when I bring it all home. At our old house we had a place under the stairs with a door and a padlock on it that held all of our gifts. Here I am at a loss.

I am waiting for cyber monday to buy my 2 older girls some American girl items. I hope they have some good stuff. I got some really cute stuff off of e bay and I found a site called Katiescraftations.com that sells doll food for cheaper than AG. I think I am going to order some this week. Very cute and I refuse to pay 28 buck for a doll meal at AG!

Thinking about getting a fake tree this weekend if I can find a nice one without breaking the bank. We will get our real tree Thanksgiving weekend. I can't wait!

How is everyone's shopping and decorating going?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #749
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Me too!!

I made my list for each child yesterday, so I could "balance out", we have to be fair and equal. One child is DONE , and I'm taking my 2 oldest (they don't have school on Monday while the younger 2 will be in school) to try on jeans and shoes, then I can check them off as complete! In about a week I'm heading to the American Girl doll store to finish up my youngest....woohoo!

I have 2 quilts to finish sewing for a couple of my sisters, a collection of guitar picks to frame for a nephew, and a couple more skirts to finish. Then I'll only have one more "out-law" gift to finish, a great Aunt to buy for, and a couple of gift exchange gifts to buy (I might purchase something at Disney for a unique gift exchange item)! I even have our teacher gifts ready! I'm heading down the home stretch

We leave in 3 weeks for Disney! I've got all the souvenirs packed and even their new Disney tshirts! I've quietly been making arrangements with teachers and coaches....and so far it's ALL still a secret

No holiday stressing for me ! I don't even think I'm doing BF this year

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #750
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

No BF for me either. I never do it anyway but this year I glanced at the ads and I don't see anything interesting. I am stuck on the preschool teachers though. I decide not to contribute to the group gift this year. I want to do my own thing.

So they had a list of places they like to shop and eat. I'll get gift cards but I need to find a fun way to present them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: