Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Additional Room

Has anyone at the port requested an additional room? A friend sails on Saturday on the Fantasy and would like to get an inside stateroom for their kids. Anyone have any experience if this can be done and how much did it cost.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 View Post
Has anyone at the port requested an additional room? A friend sails on Saturday on the Fantasy and would like to get an inside stateroom for their kids. Anyone have any experience if this can be done and how much did it cost.
So basically they are looking for a last minute booking for another cabin for their kids....don't know the answer but I would call DCL and ask now about it. I know upgrades are cheaper at the port but for a new booking (and that is what it would be) I don't know if they would let you book it at the port or not or if it would be less expensive than doing it now.

My guess is that it would not be cheaper...if they offered additional rooms less expensive at the port there would be no incentive for people tobook a second or third cabin ahead of time....and it would mean taking the kids out of the cabin that was already paid for and pay for a new room.

Please let us know what happens with your friend. This would be good info to have.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
So basically they are looking for a last minute booking for another cabin for their kids....don't know the answer but I would call DCL and ask now about it. I know upgrades are cheaper at the port but for a new booking (and that is what it would be) I don't know if they would let you book it at the port or not or if it would be less expensive than doing it now.

My guess is that it would not be cheaper...if they offered additional rooms less expensive at the port there would be no incentive for people tobook a second or third cabin ahead of time....and it would mean taking the kids out of the cabin that was already paid for and pay for a new room.

Please let us know what happens with your friend. This would be good info to have.

MJ
Thanks. I was thinking that since nobody "upgrades" to an inside stateroom at the port that if a stateroom was available that DCL could make some additional revenue by selling the room since it would be empty anyway. Well my friends will find out tomorrow.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 View Post
Thanks. I was thinking that since nobody "upgrades" to an inside stateroom at the port that if a stateroom was available that DCL could make some additional revenue by selling the room since it would be empty anyway. Well my friends will find out tomorrow.
They may....it's a good question and would love to know what happens. Hope they have a great time.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Well, yes and no to your theory that no one upgrades to an inside room. CMs who are not on the ship for a multi-cruise contract (people like the DVC reps, or CMs brought on to do a specific task or upgrade during the cruise) are often housed in the inside 11C staterooms. While these CMs are normally given their own room, there are times when they are required to share. If someone upgrades from an inside cabin, the CM is then able to snag the open room.

We had a DVC rep who was totally excited when I said that I'd upgraded from an 11C; he asked for my old room number, etc. Then he explained that they normally each had a room but that the ship had blocked 4 rooms for the team. Since they had a supervisor on board for that cruise, he was having to share with another CM, but thought he'd be able to move to the now empty 11C that we had not used. We also encountered a team of computer people who were on board to upgrade the card swipe terminals at the shops, bars, etc. One was seated at our dinner table--he explained what was going on so that we'd understand that he didn't expect to be at regular dinner hours--while he was technically booked as a "guest," he was there to work and would do so whenever his supervisor said so.

That was way too long an explanation. We are all very curious as to whether they will allow your party to spread out and how they will handle the details! Let us know.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

We took a four night cruise and thought hey this was fun lets see if we can book the next 3 night and do a back to back. Wow did we confuse the cm. no one knew how to book it or look into it We talked to future cruises, guest services and an officer, and conciegre . Finally said forget it. But at port you might have better luck , we were already onboard
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey1220 View Post
We took a four night cruise and thought hey this was fun lets see if we can book the next 3 night and do a back to back. Wow did we confuse the cm. no one knew how to book it or look into it We talked to future cruises, guest services and an officer, and conciegre . Finally said forget it. But at port you might have better luck , we were already onboard
Odd.....we've known of people who have done this, and have been on cruises where they offered a special deal for people to stay on board and do a B2B. We couldn't because we had obligations at home and had not booked air thru DCL (yeah, they were even re-doing air for those people). It is normally booked thru the future cruises desk.

Your problem might have been that they close the on line booking at 3 days before the cruise; after that you have to book on the phone.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: