Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #3316
monica9
DIS Veteran

so excited that it is finally almost here! I am dreading having to finish packing. All of our summer clothes are in the suitcase but now I have to strategically find layers to add to those "day" outfits without over packing. Trying to figure out how to bring the least amount of clothes to the park for night time. It was hard enough finding room in our stroller last year without extra clothes to add to the bottom of it. Sometimes I wonder if I should just bring a stroller for the rest of our lives just for storage purposes!

my husband is still not ready to talk about disney! I have been talking about it everyday for over 300 days and he always says "I don't want to talk about it until the day before we go". He is the type of guy that just goes with the flow when it comes to vacation. He didn't realize we were going for 12 days until about a month after I booked it! Oh well, he focuses on the important stuff in life and I focus on the fun....thats what makes us a good team I guess!
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #3317
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!

We're getting there! Some are winging their way to Disney as I type this. The excitement is really ramping up. I need to feel excitement for my trip because my daughter and her family (3 of my grandchildren) may not be coming for Thanksgiving now. I was so looking forward to them being here. But her DH just started a new job and he may not be able to leave work in time on Wednesday to make it worth their while to come the six/seven hours with 3 little ones. I'm so bummed! So, switching my focus to Disney to sooth me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Not sure if I've asked this before here, to my wife, or just in my mind so I'll ask again here.

Has anyone seen the do it yourself pet ID tag machines at Wal-Mart and such? I had one made a while back to use as a luggage tag since the paper ones they give you at the airport tend to rip after a while.

Since we're going during a busy time the possibility of one of my kids getting away from me and my wife is dramatically increased. We're not helicopter parents by any stretch but we're not also prone to letting them run wild, especially in large crowds. I think a week of hand holding might be a bit much for everyone though.

So you might be able to see what I'm getting at. Would it be wrong to get a tag that the girls can wear as a necklace with their name and our cell phone numbers on them? In the event that we would get separated and hopefully found by a CM they could quickly reunite us.

Is it paranoia? Is it cruel and/or demeaning? Am I completely off my rocker or justified? The girls are 7 and 4 for the record.

I think you have your answer from other folks, but just wanted to add that I also think it's a smart precaution. We got the tattoos with my DH's cell on it for our DGD in April and they worked great! We only used one for all 5 days! It stayed on through baths and swimming! But the dog tags sound like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
This time next week I'll be on an airplane and it will be on its way to Disney World and not for work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628 View Post
I'm right there with you! My flight is at 6:00am Central. Woohoo!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #3318
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

One week from today we will be on our way!!!!! Anyone else leaving next week?!

Last edited by mrsap; 11-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.
mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #3319
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Not sure if I've asked this before here, to my wife, or just in my mind so I'll ask again here.

Has anyone seen the do it yourself pet ID tag machines at Wal-Mart and such? I had one made a while back to use as a luggage tag since the paper ones they give you at the airport tend to rip after a while.

Since we're going during a busy time the possibility of one of my kids getting away from me and my wife is dramatically increased. We're not helicopter parents by any stretch but we're not also prone to letting them run wild, especially in large crowds. I think a week of hand holding might be a bit much for everyone though.

So you might be able to see what I'm getting at. Would it be wrong to get a tag that the girls can wear as a necklace with their name and our cell phone numbers on them? In the event that we would get separated and hopefully found by a CM they could quickly reunite us.

Is it paranoia? Is it cruel and/or demeaning? Am I completely off my rocker or justified? The girls are 7 and 4 for the record.

I think it's a great idea! Mine are 6 and 8, and I always make them little photo cards on the computer with our cell phone #'s on them and make several copies so they can keep them in their pockets (we always lose a few). Fortunately haven't had to utilize them ever.

Frankly (cue the crazy music), if it wasn't frowned upon by Child Services I'd be a big fan of microchipping the kids until they were 18 (ok, maybe 35 ). I don't consider myself paranoid, but there are just too many crazies out there for my liking....

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #3320
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Good Morning All!

We're getting there! Some are winging their way to Disney as I type this. The excitement is really ramping up. I need to feel excitement for my trip because my daughter and her family (3 of my grandchildren) may not be coming for Thanksgiving now. I was so looking forward to them being here. But her DH just started a new job and he may not be able to leave work in time on Wednesday to make it worth their while to come the six/seven hours with 3 little ones. I'm so bummed! So, switching my focus to Disney to sooth me.

Aww shucks, I could tell how much this meant to you from earlier posts. Are there still a few members coming? If not, is it too late to go up to be with them for the holiday?

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #3321
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Is it just me??

Probably just me, but is anyone else obsessing over the Accuweather forecast? I get so excited that the forecast goes so far out, but yikes, below normal temps the whole last week of November? Not even one pool day???

Ok, so logically I know from experience that alot can change 2 weeks out from a weather perspective, but really???

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #3322
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

1 week to go!

April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #3323
mrsap

Hey guys. I was just wondering if you prefer Breakfast or Dinner at CRT? Any reason why you'd pick one over the other? Trying to decide which to go with. Thanks so much!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #3324
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey guys. I was just wondering if you prefer Breakfast or Dinner at CRT? Any reason why you'd pick one over the other? Trying to decide which to go with. Thanks so much!
We did both last time and they were both good but I think it would be an awesome way to end a great day. The dinner meals seem to me like fine dining (I had duck) so it's a nice way to relax and savor the end of the day.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #3325
denman007

DIS Veteran

If I'm short a magical express luggage tag, can I pick up my piece of luggage at the Orlando airport before going to the bus if I check it?

Last edited by denman007; 11-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.
denman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #3326
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Probably just me, but is anyone else obsessing over the Accuweather forecast? I get so excited that the forecast goes so far out, but yikes, below normal temps the whole last week of November? Not even one pool day???

Ok, so logically I know from experience that alot can change 2 weeks out from a weather perspective, but really???

I have been wondering this same thing. Been watching Accu weather for a week or so. The changes just make me giggle. But I actually like the way its going now. Less rain then when I first starting watching.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #3327
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I have been wondering this same thing. Been watching Accu weather for a week or so. The changes just make me giggle. But I actually like the way its going now. Less rain then when I first starting watching.
I wasn't watching it until today. I was looking at weather.com but it wasn't showing far enough out. Now it looks like we'll get some wet on our first couple of days. Hopefully it's just temporary wet like happens normally in the summer. Might mess up our plans to hang at the pool on our first day though.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #3328
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
One week from today we will be on our way!!!!! Anyone else leaving next week?!
We leave Wednesday the 14th. next week. We are all packed pretty much except for some last minute things. I have been eyeing the forcast too every day- doesn't look too bad, although the 17th is our Epcot day and its supposed to rain, hoping that will change. Overall it has improved somewhat. You just never know with the weather in Florida. We are ready no matter what!!
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #3329
brandijo5
LSU Tiger Stadium - No Place Like It!!!!!!!!!

24 hours and we'll be well on our way!!!!

Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post46898620
brandijo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #3330
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandijo5
24 hours and we'll be well on our way!!!!
Have a great time !

We have been checking the weather too. I hope we all get sunny skies and warm weather!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: