Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
trouttigger
Mouseketeer

Photo Package Pricing (Nov. 2012)

I received this from customer service via email today:

We provide a videographer and photographer in the dolphin interaction to capture your special moments. After the interaction is completed, you will be given an opportunity to view/purchase any photos or videos. The photo package prices and individual prices are:

Ultimate Package $219
7- 6 x 8 Prints (may be different or same images)
1- 4x6, 2 key rings, 2 wallets (all same image)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD
1 - Interaction DVD**
1 - 16 x 24 Poster
1 - Photo Album

Adventure Package $159
5-6x8 Prints (may be different or same images)
1-4x6, 2 key rings, 2 wallets (all same image)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD

Basic Package $89
4 - 6x8 Prints
4x6 and 4 wallets (all same image)

Additional Items
6 x 8 Print $25
4 x 6 Print 2 key rings(all same image) $25
16 x 24 Poster $35
24 x 36 Poster $45
Interaction DVD** $75
Digital Photo CD $150

**DVD video footage is only available for up to 30 days after your visit date.

Be sure to ask about our NEW 5x7 Black Marble Tile Etchings!
Have your family etched into stone by our new, state-of-the-art laser system.
Only $29 with a package, or $39 by itself!

AS Music - Feb. 2000
AS Music - Jan. 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - Dec. 2011
Discovery Cove & SeaWorld - Dec. 2012
Coronado Springs - Dec. 2013
trouttigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

On our January visit, when we purchased the Adventure Package, we were also given a beautiful stone frame for one of the 6 x 8 pictures. It was not advertised as part of the package....when they handed us the bag of photos, CD and keychains, they simply said "we've also included a frame for one of your 6 x 8's at no charge, enjoy!". Not sure if that little extra is still ongoing or not, but the frame is gorgeous and HEAVY. I bet it would retail for $25 all on its own, if not more.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
janinca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
On our January visit, when we purchased the Adventure Package, we were also given a beautiful stone frame for one of the 6 x 8 pictures. It was not advertised as part of the package....when they handed us the bag of photos, CD and keychains, they simply said "we've also included a frame for one of your 6 x 8's at no charge, enjoy!". Not sure if that little extra is still ongoing or not, but the frame is gorgeous and HEAVY. I bet it would retail for $25 all on its own, if not more.
That sounds really nice. We definitely did not that with our package. Maybe they aren't giving it out anymore or maybe it just depends on the day you go. Or maybe they just really liked you guys. That would be a neat surprise for sure!
janinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinca View Post
That sounds really nice. We definitely did not that with our package. Maybe they aren't giving it out anymore or maybe it just depends on the day you go. Or maybe they just really liked you guys. That would be a neat surprise for sure!
Must have been a little DC pixie dust .

I know a few other Disers had reported receiving the same extra on their visits during the same time period, so maybe they were clearing out old stock and making room for new stuff. Too bad, though, because it was a super nice addition to the package and was awesome to have such a lovely frame to display our memories when we returned home.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Must have been a little DC pixie dust .

I know a few other Disers had reported receiving the same extra on their visits during the same time period, so maybe they were clearing out old stock and making room for new stuff. Too bad, though, because it was a super nice addition to the package and was awesome to have such a lovely frame to display our memories when we returned home.
Don't know either. We had the free frame (or included) with the same package when we went in August. It's a nice, ceramic, colorfuil frame. I thought it was for the free family picture that's taken when you first arrive.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
Don't know either. We had the free frame (or included) with the same package when we went in August. It's a nice, ceramic, colorfuil frame. I thought it was for the free family picture that's taken when you first arrive.
The frame was definitely not an inclusion for the free family photo. We did not purchase a photo package on our August trip (as we did not do the dolphin swim) and rec'd only the family photo as part of our admission (no frame).

Interestingly enough, your frame sounds different from the one we rec'd in January. Ours is all light beige (crafted to look like it's made from sand) and is otherwsie devoid of colour. Yet its very simple and very pretty!

We did get a photo and frame included in the cabana rental on our August trip. That frame is clear glass.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The frame was definitely not an inclusion for the free family photo. We did not purchase a photo package on our August trip (as we did not do the dolphin swim) and rec'd only the family photo as part of our admission (no frame).

Interestingly enough, your frame sounds different from the one we rec'd in January. Ours is all light beige (crafted to look like it's made from sand) and is otherwsie devoid of colour. Yet its very simple and very pretty!

We did get a photo and frame included in the cabana rental on our August trip. That frame is clear glass.
Oh, then I did get a different freebie. It isn't plain colored, it has colorful tropoical flowers. I thought it was a nice extra. I wasn't going to buy any pictures, but since we may not go there again, or it will be some time, I liked that the middle package included the CD, so now I can print any of the pictures I want again. We didn't want the poster and each of the pictures we had printed were in nice seaworld folders. A great memory for my kids. I am thinking about renting a cabana if we ever go again. G your description sounds like it would be a great idea if we go again.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: