Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #46
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
At the end of the day, the OP dropped the ball.
Quote:
it was more like busy life, then the hurricane cutting off all our power and realizing the last day to pay was coming up.
Yep, totally her fault. Nothing to do with massive storms or anything.

Or with the CM not telling her the TIME cutoff, which is what messed things up, since she called on the *day*.

When Disney says they are going to send an email, they should. DVC people well know that they drop the ball on that quite often, and I don't think that should be happening, either. Or how about when I requested a mailed confirmation and got a confirmation with my name and address in the mailed-to section, but someone else's family and their travel plans in the rest of the letter? They should not be doing this.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #47
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl View Post
Nope, room-only.

I am 100% positive it is room-only. I don't buy tickets or anything because I have APs already.
If you are booking an AP rate, that's why the 45 days. If you are booking at rack it is a one night deposit & balance due at time of check in.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I think more of the immediately 'your fault' comments were because the OP had blamed Disney's lack of customer service, which wasn't the case.
Yes, this exactly.

And the OP asked specifically "is this all my fault for not calling when I noticed I didn't get my reservation confirmation??"

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #49
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
LOL, Disney doesn't go beyond the industry standard. That is reality. It's a nice, fun place to visit but not nicer or more fun than other places.
Fun isn't the issue. Putting a deposit on a hotel reservation is. Not demanding said deposit at the time the reservation is made is almost unique to Disney at this time. That puts them above the industry standard. It's a courtesy. It's ultimately the potential guest's responsibility to make sure the deposit is paid - not the hotelier's responsibility to chase down that potential guest.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #50
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Yep, totally her fault. Nothing to do with massive storms or anything.

Or with the CM not telling her the TIME cutoff, which is what messed things up, since she called on the *day*.

When Disney says they are going to send an email, they should. DVC people well know that they drop the ball on that quite often, and I don't think that should be happening, either. Or how about when I requested a mailed confirmation and got a confirmation with my name and address in the mailed-to section, but someone else's family and their travel plans in the rest of the letter? They should not be doing this.
I've already stated, Disney gives you until 10p EST to call in to make the payment. It's not like OP called at 8p after normal business hours for most places and it was already cancelled. Wouldn't have happened. She missed the deadline entirely, and gave no indication as to when she called after deadline. It's 10pm. Seriously. Do you expect to call some place at 11:30pm and be able to speak with someone? If you have 7 days to pay your water bill before shut off, do you think you can call them and pay it after they close? Come on. It's not rocket science.

She also said that she wasn't paying it and her relative was. The OP being busy and the hurricane really don't effect the relative paying, as far as we know. But again, she stated she was busy and then the hurricane. So after a day or 2 of no email, the OP should have called. If things are left to the last minute you run the risk of something unexpected popping up.

When someone is booking a reservation and it completes, and the CM gives them the reservation number/payment due dates and amounts, etc... people typically write it down. Why? Because email can never be a guaranteed source of communication. Neither can fax. How many times have you sent or been waiting to receive either one, it never gets there, YOU CALL, and they say 'weird it went through? I'll resend it.' Ever make a payment online and write down the confirmation number? Why do that if there is an email coming? Simple - Just in case.

Call Disney and ask them when the last email was sent. It's in the notes on the reservation for them to see - 'email autogenerated to blah blah blah address.' They can't really do more than send it.

Again, it's pretty gracious to hold a room for an entire week without payment.

The point is really moot since the OP got the room - and again - that's great! AoA will be a blast, and I'm glad it worked out for her. But Disney CMs take a lot of flack, and this just isn't something that's fair to put on one of them. Personal responsibility should be taken. How hard would it been to say, 'She told me 7 days. I didn't get the email and forgot to call and missed my deadline. Any chance something will pop up or anyone know who I could speak with?'

Last edited by aaarcher86; 11-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #51
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

[QUOTE=MinnieGirl33;46665660]If you are booking an AP rate, that's why the 45 days. If you are booking at rack it is a one night deposit & balance due at time of check in.[/QUOTE]

I didn't book at an AP rate. I always book room-only because we have a special discount code that does not apply to packages or tickets or anything.

However, that does help answer my question a bit better. I see a lot of people on the boards that say they book a room-only PIN code and don't have to pay until arrival. So, I guess I will ask at when I check-in to see why my code is 45 days out but a PIN isn't...ahhhh, the dilema that I am in.

(That last comment was sarcasm- I am lucky that I get to go to Disney with a discount so I am very thankful indeed and I should never make jokes like that.)
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #52
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Fun isn't the issue. Putting a deposit on a hotel reservation is. Not demanding said deposit at the time the reservation is made is almost unique to Disney at this time. That puts them above the industry standard. It's a courtesy. It's ultimately the potential guest's responsibility to make sure the deposit is paid - not the hotelier's responsibility to chase down that potential guest.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #53
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
If you are booking an AP rate, that's why the 45 days. If you are booking at rack it is a one night deposit & balance due at time of check in.
Wrong. I always use an AP or Florida Resident Rate - Room Only. Deposit at time of booking. Pay the rest when we check in.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #54
NorweJenNY
Always expanding my knowledge of the World

Do you ever get a dining plan to go with your AP rate? This would still be a package even though you are not purchasing tickets. In this case, you'd have to pay the balance in full by 45 days prior to arrival.

Apr '96-Offsite / Dec '01-Jan '02-Honeymoon - CBR / Apr '03-Off Property / Jul '04 - OKW
Jul '06-Offsite / Aug '07-POP / May '08-OKW / Jun '08-SSR / Jul '09-POR & WL / Sep-Oct '09-ASMo
Dec '09-POFQ & VWL / Feb '10-Offsite / Apr '10-Offsite / May '10-BCV, SSR, & POFQ / Aug '11-POP
Oct '11-POR / Dec '11-10th Anniversary - BWV / Jan '12-BCV / May '12-AKV
Sep '12 - POR / Aug '13-OKW / Mar '14-AKV / May '14-SSR

Next trip... Sept '14 - AS-Sp

NorweJenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #55
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
AP rate is one night's deposit, the CM swipes the card at check in and we pay at checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorweJenNY View Post
Do you ever get a dining plan to go with your AP rate? This would still be a package even though you are not purchasing tickets. In this case, you'd have to pay the balance in full by 45 days prior to arrival.
This is one of the things I love about an AP. I book room only and then add dining if we decide we want it, at 5 days before we arrive. This way if for some reason we would have to cancel, we can until 5 days before check in with no penalty.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #56
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Moral of the story...don't procrastinate. My DD9 often does this with her homework and I'm trying to teach her it's not a good thing. She gets a spellling packet and has until Friday to do it. Sometimes, she leaves it until Thursday. If something unexpected comes up on Thursday, she wouldn't be able to get it done.

Like a PP stated, I would think the end of the day would be 5pm whatever time the company is on.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #57
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
See, at the hotel I work for, it is different. Mind you, it is only a hotel- no packages, F&B, or transport- but we have to have a credit card for the reservation but we don't charge a deposit. We simply hold the card and will charge by a certain time frame, which is generally by 6PM on day of arrival.

But, we say it upfront, everytime, so there is no question.
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #58
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Ok I'm sorry but have we all raked this poor women over the coals enough. I'm am on disboards all the time I have learned so much from everyone here. I use it as a learning tool to plan the best vac i can for my family. I may not post a lot but this just goes to show u why ppl are afraid to. Ppl do make mistakes. She obviously was misinformed we all told her. We will most likely never see another post from her again.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #59
epgirl
Earning My Ears

I totally agree with pamkat.......I also think aaarcher needs to take a chill pill asap!

aaarcher: It's supposed to read "affect", not "effect".
epgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #60
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingtall View Post
A supervisor put in an investigation on the recording and will call me back on Friday (like I said earlier) I called first thing this morning in case a room has opened up (like they advised I do) and was able to book in the same resort (thankfully). So it was resolved in the sense that I got the room we needed, I don't know whether the agent will still call me back on Friday when they have their results from the investigation and if it is in my favor it wouldn't matter since I have already rebooked a room.

I wasn't looking for any special treatment and do feel the original booking agent was partially at fault by not disclosing certain details and by not sending an email confirmation with the details like she said I would receive.

Either way, I am happy that we have our rooms as the airline tickets had already been purchased.
Just wanted to say I'm so glad that this worked out for you. Every vacation seems to have one glitch, and you just had yours So from here on everything will be perfect! Have a great time!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: