Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #3391
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Usually the one that does the laundry on vacation gets to have the fancy drink while doing it. I'm talking full on, little paper umbrella and chunks of fruit fancy drink! Pretty soon you have spent $17.50 on the laundry and $14.95 on the fancy drink, or umm, two, because those dryers take so long!
Great idea!!! Getting loaded while doing the loads!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #3392
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Hooray!! I've made it through the entire thread!! I have been quietly reading for weeks, trying to keep up. You guys keep me sane! Among a host of other things this past month, my coworker dropped the bomb 2 weeks ago that she had found a new job. Since she and I are (were) the only 2 people in our department, that just leaves me. The first thing I said to my boss after it was announced was, "And by the way, in case you've forgotten, I have a trip to Disney planned the first week of December, and I AM going!!"

Anyhooo...thank you to everyone who keeps this thread so up to date and informative, and especially Dee for all you do. Happy belated birthday!! Many hugs to Ninja Mom. {{hugs}} And to those who are there...yay! To those who will be there soon...I can't wait to join you!! Just 3 weeks and 2 days!!!

My SIL (also my travel agent) informed me that my Mickey Mail will be arriving soon...woohoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Oh, but those laundry machines are so cute, just sitting there by the quiet pool whispering "use me, USE me, you won't have such a big pile back at the condo...."

I don't know what it is with us and vacation laundry. As long as there is a a machine within reach we feel compelled to start doing it. I'm thinking it is the thrill of being able to do ALL of the laundry at once, using multiple machines. Yes, THIS is what it must be.... but then you get down to the laundry room, dragging 100 pounds of dirty stinkin laundry with you and there is always only one machine open anyway. Someone else had the same "do ALL the laundry at once" fantasy and beat you to the open machines.

Usually the one that does the laundry on vacation gets to have the fancy drink while doing it. I'm talking full on, little paper umbrella and chunks of fruit fancy drink! Pretty soon you have spent $17.50 on the laundry and $14.95 on the fancy drink, or umm, two, because those dryers take so long!

Franc, I'm wondering if you will be able to resist the siren call to do laundry at a Disney resort hotel. I also think that if laundry mats back home had a liquor license they would really clean up, so to speak, with all the extra money rolling in (and the customers rolling out!).

~NM
How do you make even laundry at Disney sound enjoyable?!?

Thanks again, everyone!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #3393
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yes! Those umbrella drinks would be very nice while soaking in the hot tub waiting for my wash to finish!!! Laundry? what laundry?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #3394
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Hooray!! I've made it through the entire thread!! I have been quietly reading for weeks, trying to keep up. You guys keep me sane!

*snip*
That is totally NOT our intent!!!

Thanks for the shoutout and birthday wishes. Sounds like you are extra-ready for a Disney getaway! I hope it is especially magical!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #3395
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Hooray!! I've made it through the entire thread!! I have been quietly reading for weeks, trying to keep up. You guys keep me sane!

Thanks again, everyone!!
Congratulations!!! Your the first DisChick to read the WHOLE THREAD!!!

You've won a FREE NIGHT at the Beacch Club courtesy of Dee (natebenma). She just loves it when people read this thread and she's RICH!!!! Filthy RICH!!!

Just kidding of course!!!! It's the BEST thread on the Dis isn't it???

Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #3396
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Congratulations!!! Your the first DisChick to read the WHOLE THREAD!!!

You've won a FREE NIGHT at the Beacch Club courtesy of Dee (natebenma). She just loves it when people read this thread and she's RICH!!!! Filthy RICH!!!

Just kidding of course!!!! It's the BEST thread on the Dis isn't it???

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #3397
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

Thank you to everyone posting reviews and pictures of your recent trips. Love 'em!

To everyone visiting soon- hope you all have super, magical vacations!

To our new friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleLight View Post
Does anyone know if they enforce the age requirement for the Pirate Cruise? My son will be three weeks shy of 4 during our trip and I know he would enjoy it.
BUMP!

I don't know the requirements of the cruise. Hope somebody can help!

I don't believe I have you on the Be Our Guest list- let me know if you would like to be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking into a YC Garden View room in 20 days and can't wait!! I hope the weather is warm so we can take advantage of SAB!!!

Is there a map of where the garden view rooms might be located at YC? I requested a room close to the lobby.
I don't see you listed either! End of November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk2333 View Post
Our wait list came through!

Will be at BCV Dec 15-18 (followed by 3 days at BLT) for DW's birthday and our 3rd anniversary!

I'll add you to the list. Congratulations on your celebrations!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #3398
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What has Flat Ben been up to? Well, he had One Enchanted Evening at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party

Flat Ben's friends were going as characters from Enchanted (Rapunzel and Mother Gothel) so we thought transforming Flat Ben into Flat Flynn was in order.

Flat Flynn even met Real Flynn, who was very sorry that Ben did not get to visit Walt Disney World this year.

To join the party and see more pictures from Flat Ben's adventures, click on the link in my signature.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #3399
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Hugs right back to Steph H

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Yep, rich alright.... For every time Dee is helpful on the Dis the Mods and Webmasters put a nickle in her bank account and an angel gets her wings. Heaven just had to increase it's Air Traffic Control capabilities thanks to all the good deeds Dee does!

~NM
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #3400
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I start at 9:30 AM. Hope I'm not going to miss you!
Sadly, we will miss you. Our flight is at 10 am so I am guessing the car town will be picking us up by 8:30 am etc.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #3401
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Sadly, we will miss you. Our flight is at 10 am so I am guessing the car town will be picking us up by 8:30 am etc.
They have been talking about making our days 10 hours instead of 8 so you never know.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #3402
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

That picture of Flat Ben with Flynn is awesome!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #3403
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello BC/YC Friends! Sue, got your PM and see that BC lurkers are planning a Teena visit on 1/27! Darn - that's our AK day, followed by a break at our resort (Poly) in the afternoon and dinner at Artist Point. So we won't be over on the Epcot side of town that day. Boo! Our serious Epcot time begins on Tuesday, the 29th, which is not a good match for Teena's schedule. Again, boo!

Speaking of Teena visits, I'm working on our Christmas card and I'm reviewing potential photos. Our youngest just suggested that we include the photo of him with his brothers and Teena.

Flat Ben is having TOO MUCH FUN! He's still in my Harvey's Seat Belt bag Minnie Mouse backpack for January. But Dee, I wonder whether he needs warmer clothes for our next trip. And maybe a lei for our Poly stay?

I always do an in-room celebration for our boys and I'm getting a little stuck on this next one. No real theme. I ordered new personalized Mickey string bags from Etsy because they loved that last time (but pumpkins in January won't quite work!) I was thinking of the new Mickey Hawaiian shirts since we're staying at Poly for the first half of our trip, and maybe new lanyards for their APs and KTTW cards. Any ideas?
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #3404
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #3405
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello BC/YC Friends! Sue, got your PM and see that BC lurkers are planning a Teena visit on 1/27! Darn - that's our AK day, followed by a break at our resort (Poly) in the afternoon and dinner at Artist Point. So we won't be over on the Epcot side of town that day. Boo! Our serious Epcot time begins on Tuesday, the 29th, which is not a good match for Teena's schedule. Again, boo!

Speaking of Teena visits, I'm working on our Christmas card and I'm reviewing potential photos. Our youngest just suggested that we include the photo of him with his brothers and Teena.

Flat Ben is having TOO MUCH FUN! He's still in my Harvey's Seat Belt bag Minnie Mouse backpack for January. But Dee, I wonder whether he needs warmer clothes for our next trip. And maybe a lei for our Poly stay?

I always do an in-room celebration for our boys and I'm getting a little stuck on this next one. No real theme. I ordered new personalized Mickey string bags from Etsy because they loved that last time (but pumpkins in January won't quite work!) I was thinking of the new Mickey Hawaiian shirts since we're staying at Poly for the first half of our trip, and maybe new lanyards for their APs and KTTW cards. Any ideas?
I miss you and that family of yours!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: