Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #76
Dugette
DIS Veteran

What an adorable Minnie! Such a cute outfit! And what great interaction! Too bad you had to leave Nemo early, but overall good start to the day. And you have some really nice photos in there.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 11-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #77
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Cutest Minnie ever!

And I love the Photopass picture of the three of you in Animal Kingdom! What a gorgeous family!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #78
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great updates! I found that same problem with the character meal pictures, especially because it was too difficult to get Paxton in and out of the high chair every time a character came around. Those pictures just never seem to capture the true joy of those character greets at the meals! Aria is beyond ADORABLE in her Minnie costume!! Those ears, oh my gosh!

I also noticed she had 2 more costume changes after that. I think we should start a game of predicting how many outfit changes Aria will go through each day of your trip! Kidding, as cute as her outfits are, I can see the need for more than one per day. I also shouldn't really say anything about girl clothes, since I definitely just spent $30 on the girls outfit at Babies R Us that won on Project Runway and have it hanging in my closet just in case baby #2 happens to be a girl down the road! I can totally see myself having this problem if I ever have a girl!

The pic of her laughing on Andrew's shoulder is simply precious!!
YES totally right, it was so hard to get Aria's breakfast in around getting in and out of the high chair, cleaning up her face, etc. And she didn't understand why we kept pulling her away from her food of course LOL. But seriously they should have a photopass guy per character, that would be so amazing.

HAHA that's awesome!! Yes I am slightly obsessed... she, for the most part, didn't have many unnecessary outfit changes - usually they accompanied diaper changes or food getting everywhere or whatnot, but for some specific character meets I did go a little crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
Aria's pink zebra outfit is too cute. I mean, all her outfits are super cute. But I'd wear that one myself, haha.

I have an unnatural hatred for that poacher part of the safari and I'm so glad it's gone.

I liked the Animal Kingdom baby care center the best too. Of course we ended up spending the least amount of time there!
LOL I had fun getting some animal themed stuff ready for AK! It's too small now so I need to figure out what she'll wear in December!

I'm glad it is gone too, I was impressed Andrew noticed! The AK BCC was really nice and private, and I loved that you had such a nice big room to nurse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I love the pictures of Aria and Minnie! You can see everyone was watching her. So cute.

Sounds like a fun day so far! I think Dinosaur has the best ride photo ever.
Thank you!! haha yes it was fun noticing everyone around watching the interaction. I want to go back to CM after I (or Andrew) take some photography classes, made me so mad how poor the photos came out.

I love Dinosaur, I almost took a picture of our ride photo with the dad and girl but didn't want to explain it to Andrew hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
great interaction, that is where noelle had her fall in love character moment with pluto...and prompted us to get pluto stuff for her.

breakfast does look good...have never considered there breakfast before. but looks good.
Oh too funny!! I love that! Breakfast was great, just as good as any other breakfast, typical food and all. It was nice having such an early ADR, on our way out the line was ridiculous just waiting to check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh, that Minnie costume and headband are beyond adorable! I wouldn't have been able to resist either! Dh has been talking non-stop about baby #3 lately (I think he feels guilty about basically missing this one), so maybe I'll get my chance at adorable outfits after all

AK is my favorite too! I don't know too many others who feel the AK love. I'm glad you got to ride your favorite ride, gosh when you got off and Andrew didn't want to ride, you should have just taken his rider switch and gone again!
Eeeek already talking about baby 3!! Hahaha. I'd smack him! JK I hope you get your girl!! Your two boys are going to be so fun though.

The very first time I went to AK (in 2000 I think? Was it open then?) I didn't really love it. But since then I have really grown an affection for it, I feel at home there for some reason. I was going to take the rider switch but he just wanted to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Loved seeing the two Minnies meet each other! Too cute!

I love AK, too- and Dinosaur is one of my favorite rides (Ben and I have a favorite quote: "They're not gonna make it, they're not gonna make it!")
LOL! Yep it is so much fun, I can't wait to ride it in just a few more weeks again! YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
What an adorable Minnie! Such a cute outfit! And what great interaction! Too bad you had to leave Nemo early, but overall good start to the day. And you have some really nice photos in there.
Aww thank you!! Are you planning out all the fun character meets for little Isabella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
Cutest Minnie ever!

And I love the Photopass picture of the three of you in Animal Kingdom! What a gorgeous family!
hehe thank you!!! Yes I was really happy with the AK photopass pictures we got!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #79
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Day 4 Continued - we just left AK heading to lunch at Sanaa!

We checked in a few minutes early and they said they were running slightly behind so we went outside and took some photos and checked out the animals-

Then parked the stroller and headed upstairs to the lobby. Aria was crawling over the sofas and having a blast not being confined to the stroller.

Our buzzer went off about 10 minutes after arriving so we went downstairs again for lunch. They had forgotten to add a high chair to the to-do list, so our seater had to run and get one but we were seated pretty quickly. Aria was a little confused why I wasn’t nursing her (as she had woken when we put her in the car) but her crayons, puffs, lunch, and eventually some of our lunch appeased her through the meal.

I enjoyed a south African wine flight, it was all really delicious.

Looking at the photos I remembered that I never looked at the receipt to see if we were charged for the bread service – the waiter asked if we wanted it in a way that made it sound included, Andrew agreed, but I’m pretty sure it was an additional $9. Andrew was okay with that because he said he would have ordered it anyway, but I was annoyed at our waiter for doing that – I hate when they slide stuff in like that and then charge more for it. Our waiter was not very good, but this was one of the best meals we had all trip despite that! The bread service WAS delicious, just like last time!

I suggested Andrew get an African beer, so he got some safari ale or something, and asked about its origins and was a little disappointed to find out that it was an Anheuser beer made specifically for Disney. But he really enjoyed it anyway!

For my meal I ordered the potato and pea samosas to start –

SO SO delicious! I hear these are at the Tusker House lunch, and Im hoping they might pop up during our breakfast there in December. Yum. Spicy and delicious. It’s impossible to find truly spicy things at Disney it seems, but these were, as was my main dish! I ordered the vegetarian sampler and chose the greens, rice, and spicy vegetable mix (potatos and peas in there too I think). It was all SO so delicious I finished it all (after nicely sharing a bite or two with Andrew who also loved it!).

Andrew got what I had predicted for him – the shrimp and chicken. I learned my lesson last time, their chicken is DARK meat which I won’t touch, while I loved the flavoring I could barely eat my meal, so this time I stuck with vegetarian and was so happy I did. SO yummy!! The meal lasted quite some time – certainly not rushing us here – and somehow I was a magnet again for little kids as at the next table over a little girl started chatting with me about how excited she was to finally be leaving a park and going back to swim! Haha. I told her that was our plan too and she was very envious of Aria that we didn’t have to be coerced into going back to swim, because apparently her parents were barely letting them have any downtime at all (little did she know…). It was cute though, and she played with Aria for a bit.

Aria was beyond ready to nurse at that point so we hopped in the car and I just did it there.

From Kidani, we had to hop over to the Contemporary to pick up our luggage before finding the condo. Andrew didn’t read the signs and parked us in the BUS only lane, right where the buses turn so they couldn’t turn until I moved the car (rolling my eyes STILL haha) and the bellman came out and couldn’t believe he’d parked there. But we got the car stuffed once again and within 10 minutes pulled up to Cypress Point Resort.

Continued in next post...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #80
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Day 4 completed -

My first impression?? I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE WORLD! I immediately missed BLT, being on Disney property, the cleanliness and SAFETY of WDW. The lobby was undergoing renovations so I had to go in the back, past the pool, to get inside. The pool looked like fun, but up close you could see how it was just not taken care of like Disney does. The staff inside was very friendly (and, BTW, never asked for my military ID which was a good thing because I realized it was packed in one of the suitcases and I couldn’t remember which!). But she looked at me like I was crazy when I said I needed a crib and high chair – there was no note on the reservation and they were all being used!! I was really annoyed but there was nothing to do. Check in took way longer than it should have – I was inside for about 45 minutes. 15 of that was with the “concierge” desk asking if I needed Disney tickets or any other attraction tickets and asking if I was interested in their timeshare – thankfully this was the only time I was asked about the timeshare, and I declined. Also I could have sworn I was told all the buildings had elevators, but none actually did and we were on the 2nd floor. Ah well, I was just anxious to get in the room.

Thankfully that finally happened! AS a recap for anyone who didn’t read my PTR – we got 1 week at Cypress Point for $349 for a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo. It had a full kitchen, 2 master suites, living room, laundry area, etc. It was at Cypress Point which was also connected to Cypress Point Grand Villas next door, so we had our choice of 3 pools to visit too.

I wanted to take photos before we littered the rooms, and Aria was still napping, so she stayed in her car seat while I took some pics while Andrew brought in the luggage.

We chose to stay in the master bedroom off of the living room, and gave Aria the master bedroom that could also be locked off as a studio. I liked the photos of the place because of the 2 jacuzzi tubs – we never used them! LOL.

While we were trying to figure out what to do about a crib – a rental for the week would run around $80, but last minute I didn’t know if they would increase the prices or if we’d even be able to find anything, so we decided to just find a cheap pack n play and buy that, when we heard a knock on the door. Apparently some pixie dust followed us off property, because it was a maintenance guy bringing a crib! YAY! We didn’t get a call, notice, or anything, and it had only been about 20 minutes from when I left the lobby. I was so happy to see it though. BTW – pointless that I brought our own Pack n play and crib sheets. The pack n play sheets at BLT were perfectly fine, and the crib sheets didn’t fit this crib. Live and learn.

So Andrew next went out and did a little grocery shopping – he picked up some bagels, cream cheese, bananas, juice, coffee, milk, wine and beer, and chips and salsa was our dinner I think (still full from Sanaa!). I waited for Aria to wake up and then we took a walk with her in my Beco to check out the Grand Villas section, the other pools, and the convenience shops the resort had. The Grand Villas section, I noted, was much cleaner and felt a lot safer. I think they are also available to rent via my government discount so I might consider them if we stay offsite again.

Anyway, when Andrew returned we headed down to the pool- BRRR!!!!!!!! Apparently they don’t heat the pools at this resort. Boo. Made me realize we definitely want pool heat for our house rental next June. That water was so cold! But we had a lot of fun relaxing in the pool. Next to the pool is a kid’s playground that looked brand new so we checked that out. Aria loves to swing, but she wasn’t so sure about the fake grass stuff.

To cap the evening off, Aria had a bath in her super awesome Jacuzzi tub, and got to bed right on time and slept for a full 12 hours – she was loving the space too apparently. Andrew and I enjoyed vegging out watching TV and playing online – I used my phone to create a wifi hotspot (I jail broke my iphone before we left) and Andrew played on his ipad while I played on my iphone…haha. A nice relaxing way to end the day.

Happily crawling around on the floor – she likes to crawl around with things in her mouth but it’s tough to get a great pic of it haha. She especially likes to crawl with her sock in her mouth….

Day wrap up: I had originally stated I wanted to ride the safari first, ride EE and dinosaur, see either Nemo or Lion King, possibly flights of wonder, do some trails, and go to Rafiki's planet watch. Well - we did about half of that, haha but it was still a fun morning at AK!

For lunch I predicted both of our entrees correctly, though I didn't think I'd be hungry enough for those samosas, but apparently I was!

Then we were going to head to the condo, which we did, did the grocery shopping, laundry, etc - looks like we stuck to the plan pretty well today!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #81
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Ok I'm all caught up!!! What a great trip!!! Love all the pictures from the breakfast at Chef Mickey's! The dress is adorable! Oh and Biergarten looks amazing but DH would never eat there LOL I know there's more I wanted to comment on but can't remember since I fell behind. Now off to check out Kristy's TR!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #82
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Your review of Sanaa makes me wish I was there, RIGHT NOW! We got the chance to try it the first week it was open and it became an immediate favorite of me and DH! I agree that it is next to impossible to find even remotely spicy food at the world (which is my main gripe about Restaurant Marrakesh), but you can get spice at Sanaa! I'm so glad to hear that the food was still noteworthy, and it makes me even more excited for DH's and I's date night in April.

Ok, so I have some cypress point questions for you, did you use a government travel website to book it, or did you just book through the resort directly? You got a steal of a deal, and I'm working on getting DH to agree to a next Thanksgiving trip to WDW, and if we could get three bedrooms for the right price, it would be a lot easier to convince him. I was thinking about Shades, but having the space and the separation for the kiddos would be a much easier sell. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #83
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I wanted to try Sanaa since I don't know when we'd stay at AKL again but I wasn't sure if Kris would like it. Seemed a little adventurous. Maybe next time. I know I could convince my sister to go there She'd go just to see the resort.

Your villa looks nice! Sorry about the issues at check-in. I hate when check-in takes a long time. Just give me my room key and let me go! I've never stayed off property so it'll be interesting to read about your experience.

Looking forward to reading more.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #84
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm glad she was so good during your lunch! That picture of her looking through the fence posts it just adorable. Doesn't look like my kind of food, but I'm glad you both enjoyed your meal.

That's a lot of space for not a lot of $$! How great that the PnP came through, I am always so worried about that when we are traveling places. When we were looking for a hotel for our last night of our October trip, I started calling hotels near the airport to find out of they had PnPs available, and one place told me, "Yes, we have one." One?! I don't like those odds. NEXT! So far we have never had a place tell us there were none available, but that thought always goes through my head and makes me worry!

Great updates!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #85
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I love Sanaa!!

Aria crawling with the toy in her mouth is adorable... I mean, how else is she gonna carry her stuff? Haha!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #86
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Mmmmmmm, we love Sanaa!! So yummy and such great views of the animals too. Aria's outfit is adorable, as usual!

Too bad they didn't heat the pool at Cypress Point. Looks like you had fun anyway, though! And 12 hours of baby sleep, that sounds nice!

Oh, and you asked if we're getting character meets planned...I was actually just thinking about this the other day, as I saw Disney princess dresses on clearance (Halloween costumes). I'm thinking I might check out those clearance racks next year to see if there's anything that might be useful for the trip. Dress like a princess to meet a princess or something. That's about as far as I've gotten, though.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #87
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Ok I'm all caught up!!! What a great trip!!! Love all the pictures from the breakfast at Chef Mickey's! The dress is adorable! Oh and Biergarten looks amazing but DH would never eat there LOL I know there's more I wanted to comment on but can't remember since I fell behind. Now off to check out Kristy's TR!
Aw thanks!! LOL I have said I would never eat at Biergarten, but they did have quite a bit for me to eat too, and the entertainment was worth it. We plan to return with DH's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Your review of Sanaa makes me wish I was there, RIGHT NOW! We got the chance to try it the first week it was open and it became an immediate favorite of me and DH! I agree that it is next to impossible to find even remotely spicy food at the world (which is my main gripe about Restaurant Marrakesh), but you can get spice at Sanaa! I'm so glad to hear that the food was still noteworthy, and it makes me even more excited for DH's and I's date night in April.

Ok, so I have some cypress point questions for you, did you use a government travel website to book it, or did you just book through the resort directly? You got a steal of a deal, and I'm working on getting DH to agree to a next Thanksgiving trip to WDW, and if we could get three bedrooms for the right price, it would be a lot easier to convince him. I was thinking about Shades, but having the space and the separation for the kiddos would be a much easier sell. Thanks in advance!
Me too, I could eat Sanaa multiple times per trip. I guess I'm going to have to fit it into the June trip somewhere, since I don't have it planned for December or March.

Restaurant Marrakesh SHOULD have spicy options. Grrr. Haven't been back there in years.

I went through getravelop.com but there's also afvclub.com which is for military members, it's stupid they separate them because they are literally the same website with the same resorts. IDK. Currently they are running specials for $299 for the week! For November, the resorts will come out December 1st I think, so if you want to book I'd do it as soon as you can - the 3BR's seem to go pretty fast. I was looking at next Sep/Oct just for fun yesterday and there were a lot of really nice resorts available but only 1 BR ones. That said, even a 1 BR with a full kitchen and laundry would be super awesome LOL. It was hard not to book but I have so few vacation days IDK how to squeeze out another trip.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I wanted to try Sanaa since I don't know when we'd stay at AKL again but I wasn't sure if Kris would like it. Seemed a little adventurous. Maybe next time. I know I could convince my sister to go there She'd go just to see the resort.

Your villa looks nice! Sorry about the issues at check-in. I hate when check-in takes a long time. Just give me my room key and let me go! I've never stayed off property so it'll be interesting to read about your experience.

Looking forward to reading more.
It's adventurous for some people, but so so good!

Villa was okay - inside the villa was really nice, the bathrooms were totally updated, and kitchen was very clean and updated. The resort itself was okay - nice from afar but just not Disney-nice. I don't know if I would rather go LESS and stay onsite or go more often but have to stay offsite. It's a toss up. To me, the resort is part of the vacation. Some people just get a room to sleep in, but I do love having the Disney touch surrounding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm glad she was so good during your lunch! That picture of her looking through the fence posts it just adorable. Doesn't look like my kind of food, but I'm glad you both enjoyed your meal.

That's a lot of space for not a lot of $$! How great that the PnP came through, I am always so worried about that when we are traveling places. When we were looking for a hotel for our last night of our October trip, I started calling hotels near the airport to find out of they had PnPs available, and one place told me, "Yes, we have one." One?! I don't like those odds. NEXT! So far we have never had a place tell us there were none available, but that thought always goes through my head and makes me worry!

Great updates!!
I loved that photo too. I was trying to get the zebra in the background since she was in a zebra outfit. I'm sure there were options for non-spicy lovers at Sanaa, or a little less out there tastes, but it is really good.

Yeah- it was actually a semi full size crib, much bigger than a pack n play. It was so nice, and unexpected. LOL on ONE crib. Oh boy! Worst case was that we'd have to go buy one from walmart or something, maybe $50? So not awful I guess. But it was nice letting her have a bigger bed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I love Sanaa!!

Aria crawling with the toy in her mouth is adorable... I mean, how else is she gonna carry her stuff? Haha!
LOL I know! She does it all the time, socks are her favorite to carry around actually. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Mmmmmmm, we love Sanaa!! So yummy and such great views of the animals too. Aria's outfit is adorable, as usual!

Too bad they didn't heat the pool at Cypress Point. Looks like you had fun anyway, though! And 12 hours of baby sleep, that sounds nice!

Oh, and you asked if we're getting character meets planned...I was actually just thinking about this the other day, as I saw Disney princess dresses on clearance (Halloween costumes). I'm thinking I might check out those clearance racks next year to see if there's anything that might be useful for the trip. Dress like a princess to meet a princess or something. That's about as far as I've gotten, though.
Heheh thank you! Yes she sleeps 12 hours normally but on vacation/when she's going through some developmental something or other she might sleep 9 and then come into bed with us for another 2.5 or so. How's Isabella sleeping? Aria started sleeping about 8-10 hours straight overnight around 8 or 9 weeks old, and just kept sleeping longer and longer. Of course, I took advantage and usually went to bed super early to get what sleep I could in after putting her to bed.

YEP seriously, if she is going to meet a princess I'd definitely recommend her wearing that particular princess's dress. I just got Belle, Tinkerbelle, Ariel, Cinderella, Minnie, and a larger Rapunzel dress, all in 12-18 months for our upcoming trips. I wish I could find a baby Tiana dress but no luck so far, they start at size 3 or 4 or something annoying. I also already have an Aurora dress. Really makes for a fun character meet though IMO.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #88
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Day 5 –

We had a leisurely morning planned – I had sort of hoped that meant, wake up and head to MK haha but I didn’t push it at all, and it was sort of nice to sleep in a bit. Aria slept well overnight (until 7:35AM!!) and then we enjoyed a nice breakfast and Aria got some good crawling time in.

It was a bit overcast outside so we waited until 10 or so to head to the pool, and this time visited the pool at the Cypress Point Grand Villas. We ended up just going in the kiddie pool, but Aria was having a total blast in there – the water was also much warmer too. I never checked the regular pool to see if it was heated but I bet so! Looks like Grand Villas would be the way to go!
There was a ginormous bug of some sort in the kiddie pool but we didn’t let it spoil the fun. I originally thought the pool would be shallow enough that Aria could sit down in it, but it was just a little too deep. She didn’t mind though of course!

Daddy had so nicely rubbed his scruffy face on Aria’s cheek…luckily it never lasts long…

A favorite pastime is smacking things right now, and I used that to take a quick photo of our hands hehehe

After a quick dip we headed back to the room for a quick shower and then we put her down for a nap – we wanted her to get a nice long nap in the AC vs the short ones she gets in the car ride or the hot ones in the stroller, at least for this first nap! It worked and she slept for 1.5 hours, I fed her, and then we headed out!

Our destination…Magic Kingdom! We had quite the fun afternoon/evening planned – Magic Kingdom afternoon with her very first haircut, 1900 Park Fare dinner, and then MNSSHP! Yay!

When we got into the magic kingdom just after Noon, I remembered why I like to get there at park opening – WOW the crowds were ridiculous. There really is no LOW time of year anymore. This was a Monday for pete’s sake! We decided to go on IaSW, with a posted 10 minute wait, and it took that long (I don’t remember ever actually waiting for this – ha!). We all enjoyed the ride quite a bit.

Andrew ran over to get FP’s for Splash and Big Thunder and we met up again to ride Buzz. I ended up in charge of Aria, and we got stuck in a dark spot for a while which she didn’t really enjoy. Apparently my baby is afraid of the dark…I was beat sooo badly it’s not even funny. The ride photo is pretty telling though – Andrew wasn’t stopping for ANYTHING. Competitive much?!

Continued in next post...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #89
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

There wasn’t anything else we could ride as we were nearing the Main Street Barber Shop 1st Haircut appointment, so we decided to head over that way. I never remember where it is because I’m used to DL’s barber shop right on Main St. but found it pretty quickly. There was no wait and we sat Aria down in their little seat. It was really pretty awkward because she doesn’t like to sit by herself so she kept reaching out for me. Stickers and light up toys only worked for so long, and she was really showing her “separation anxiety” that was building at this time. She wasn’t the best baby during the haircut but she didn’t break down either. It wasn’t the most magical thing I envisioned but still fun, and Andrew took a really nice photo of the back of Aria’s “1st haircut” mouseears looking into the mirror. We didn’t want the barber to take much hair off, and just ended up having him cut a little around the ears off.

After that we wanted to ride the jungle cruise but the line was ridiculous – seriously have not dealt with these sorts of lines before! And the FP return time was too late since we would have to head to dinner, so instead we parked the stroller and popped onto the flying carpets. It was a fine ride, we really haven’t ridden it before Aria came along and I don’t really care for that sort of ride but it was still fun. The water spraying was fun too!

Then we decided to talk on the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. Secretly one of my favorite things!! HAHA. Love this treehouse, would be so amazing to live there, and I hope to read the book to Aria when she’s old enough.

Next up was something I wasn’t even sure if we would do – The Tiki Room! Andrew swears he’s never even been in it, and I guess that is possible since it was under refurb on our last trip and I went into the DL one in 2009, thinking he was there but that was a solo trip. Aria for the most part just sat in my lap and watched = she really liked it! haha. I think it would be even more fun now – she has started standing at toys/sofas/whatever and dancing to music! SO cute!

Day 5 to be continued
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #90
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

The lines really were crazy! We ended up skipping some things entirely (never did get on Splash Mountain!), which we never normally do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: