Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Amazing Race in Cozumel and Stingray City in GC?

The reviews for this activity are very positive, but I have a question? Well a few actually.

How much swimming is involved as I don't swim but both my daughters do?

I know Disney doesn't offer it but, How much does it cost and where do you sign up and where do you meet?

Speaking of swimming since I don't swim should I cross Stingray City off our list in GC?

Last edited by ZoeBell; 11-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Stingray City involves no swimming. However, a visit there is usually paired with a snorkel day or other activity The Stingray City time involves standing in water about waist high on an average adult. The rays swim all around you--they know that the boats mean food and attention! Our guide caught several and showed us differences, etc.

Sorry, I have no idea how to book just Stingray City--we did it with a 1/2 day snorkel tour that included transportation for $30 per adult. On our visit, kids were required to wear a life vest. They were available for adults but were optional.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Stingray City involves no swimming. However, a visit there is usually paired with a snorkel day or other activity The Stingray City time involves standing in water about waist high on an average adult. The rays swim all around you--they know that the boats mean food and attention! Our guide caught several and showed us differences, etc.

Sorry, I have no idea how to book just Stingray City--we did it with a 1/2 day snorkel tour that included transportation for $30 per adult. On our visit, kids were required to wear a life vest. They were available for adults but were optional.
Thank you. I could handle waist deep water. For the snorkel part would one have the option to stay in the boat while others snorkel?
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer

amazing race review

We did the Cozumel Amazing Race this past June with 2 adults and two teen age girls. It was quite hot and if you are looking for an actual competition like we were, then you are out of luck, the tour guides were everywhere, which was nice but they gave away most answers and it seemed like they were more interested in getting you from one event to the next as quickly as possible. The swimming involves going about 200 ft ( max) out from the shore and one team member gets in the water to get the name of a sunken boat. There were 2 teams on our glass bottom boat and as we were jumping in the water, the guide in the boat was giving our team mates the name, so it was like, why bother! I think you could have gone back later and gone back out on the boat, but our group decided to do a bit of shopping after the race and got separated, so I ended up going back to the ship to find them and then it was too late to do anything. The food at the end of the race was very good and the shopping in the plaza was OK. I could skip the race and just do the glass bottom boat and shopping and food. PM me and I can probably give you the location of all three.
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBell View Post
Thank you. I could handle waist deep water. For the snorkel part would one have the option to stay in the boat while others snorkel?
Certainly you could choose to stay on the boat. We booked thru Captain Marvin. Um....I trust you have never snorkeled. If you inflate the vest, you really don't have to be able to swim at all...you can float around and look thru the goggles at what is swimming under you. I used to be a decent swimmer, but I'm much older now. Not big on physical activity. Snorkeling is fun because it isn't difficult.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: