Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
LimmyL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by whayes View Post
Sorry. My best friend and I will be on the 11/3 sailing. Hey! We might see you as you get off. We will be staying at the Radisson.
My best friend and I will be on the Fantasy on 11/3 as well! Our first Disney cruise. Definitely looking forward to it!
LimmyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
MsDisney
DIS Veteran

Me!

I'll be on the October 27th sailing on the Fantasy!

It was a very last minute booking and it's just me...I have zero partners!

Should be a blast!!! I'd love to meet some other folks on board!

Karen

Mike Wazowski!!!
MsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
NewCruiser2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowejd5 View Post
If anybody's on the Fantasy Eastern the first week of December, we'll be there. We're one of those straight couples, but when you're in your mid-30s and don't have kids, all of your friends are same-sex couples anyway. On our Alaska cruise a couple of years ago we ended up in the piano bar until 2am every night belting out show tunes with three gay couples. We even got made official members of the LGBT group on board. Awwww...
We just booked the Dec 1 Fantasy trip - it's my partner's first Disney Cruise and my second. I keep trying to convince him that the adult only areas will trump his fears of being run over by a tsunami of kids - but seriously, kids on Disney Cruises are adorable! I love being a big kid and can't wait to experience the Fantasy after sailing on the Dream last year!

NewCruiser2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #19
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

Tell him we had the same fears. People who know us have trouble reconciling our distaste of children with our love of all things Disney. But other than the areas where they're supposed to be (kids clubs, kids pool, etc), they're not underfoot all that much. And Disney is incredibly good at keeping under-age people away from the adult-only areas, both on the ship and on Castaway Cay. Maybe we'll run into you in one of the night spots. Always nice to meet new folks.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
Myk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by whayes

Sorry. My best friend and I will be on the 11/3 sailing. Hey! We might see you as you get off. We will be staying at the Radisson.
We'll be on the 11/3 sailing as well. I'm ready to sail!

We also have tried other cruise lines. Though we love kids, we love the adult-only sections of DCL and spend most of our time in them. Relaxing and fun. Castaway Cay adult beach is so peaceful and beautiful.

WDW: 10/95 • -------> • 1/12 AKL • DL: Disneyland Hotel 8/85 & 5/11 • DLP: New York Hotel 5/10 & 10/11 • TDL: MiraCosta 5/12 • HKDL: Disneyland Hotel 5/12
DCL: Magic W. 4/21/07 • Wonder 4/17/08 • Magic W. 2/21/09 • Wonder 10/22/09 • Magic W. 1/9/10 • Magic Med. 5/15/10 • Wonder Alaska 5/24/11 • Dream 1/15/12
Upcoming: Fantasy 11/3/12 • Dream DVC 1/10/13
Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

After sailing on the Dream last year (which was sort of a let down) I was exceedingly pleased with the Fantasy. Even with the hurricane issues, it was a lovely sailing.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #22
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

I agree the kids really weren't an issue aside from doing the detective game and having them cut in line for the magic art. After our hurricane cruise and then being stuck at Caribbean Beach Resort for another day since the delays caused me to miss my flight I must say I'm Disney'd out. We have that 25% off apology to use and so glad it doesn't expire til Dec 1 2014 cause I'm in no mood to head back anytime soon. I guess having an AP and haivng been 3 times in less than a year has taken it's toll.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #23
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
I agree the kids really weren't an issue aside from doing the detective game and having them cut in line for the magic art. After our hurricane cruise and then being stuck at Caribbean Beach Resort for another day since the delays caused me to miss my flight I must say I'm Disney'd out. We have that 25% off apology to use and so glad it doesn't expire til Dec 1 2014 cause I'm in no mood to head back anytime soon. I guess having an AP and haivng been 3 times in less than a year has taken it's toll.
Only 3 times? I rebooked for a Castaway Cay double dip out of Miami on the Magic, so I will have sailed on all four ships.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #24
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

I know right 3 times and I'm done lol. Oh well next year maybe back to France then the expo.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #25
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

The Fantasy in a month will give us our "Grand Slam" of all four ships. I think our next trip to WDW is to bring our friends down for Food & Wine and MNSSHP next October. We've got enough DVC points for next year that we can take any 2BR in the place. We're hoping for Boardwalk, just to be close to Epcot.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #26
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowejd5 View Post
The Fantasy in a month will give us our "Grand Slam" of all four ships. I think our next trip to WDW is to bring our friends down for Food & Wine and MNSSHP next October. We've got enough DVC points for next year that we can take any 2BR in the place. We're hoping for Boardwalk, just to be close to Epcot.
It is wonderful to be able to stroll back to your room without dealing with buses or driving.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
It is wonderful to be able to stroll back to your room without dealing with buses or driving.
That's gotta be one of the best parts.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #28
artnerds
Mouseketeer

Anyone else going to be on the 7 night western Carib leaving March 16? My bf and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on board.

Today we got to book our excursions, Palo/Remy, and a Serenity Bay cabana, and I cannot concentrate at work from all the excitement.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: