Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Anyone get a call from "WDW Cellular" re: vacation discount?

A number with the 407 area code and name "WDW Cellular" just popped up on my phone. When I picked up it was a recording that said something about "Let the memories begin your family has been selected to receive 90% off a holiday vacation to WDW." Hmmm, seemed wayyyy too good to be true and I didn't want to get stuck in a sales pitch so I hung up instead of pressing 1 for an operator.

Anyone other Dis'ers get one of these calls? Just curious!

I googled the number and found one of those "who's calling me" sites where a few people reported getting calls from this number.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

No, I have never got that call. If they call again give them my numberI will at least listen for 90% off.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
No, I have never got that call. If they call again give them my numberI will at least listen for 90% off.

The cynic in me wonders if it's a scam by some party trying to pose as WDW and asking for a cc deposit, kwim? But hey, I'd love to be wrong !

Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
A number with the 407 area code and name "WDW Cellular" just popped up on my phone. When I picked up it was a recording that said something about "Let the memories begin your family has been selected to receive 90% off a holiday vacation to WDW." Hmmm, seemed wayyyy too good to be true and I didn't want to get stuck in a sales pitch so I hung up instead of pressing 1 for an operator.

Anyone other Dis'ers get one of these calls? Just curious!

I googled the number and found one of those "who's calling me" sites where a few people reported getting calls from this number.
I have gotten a couple of calls saying my family was selected for a discounted vacation at a Walt Disney World area hotel (note the word AREA)! Never listened to the whole call & I don't have caller ID. So I don't know if it was the same number ghat called you. Since I didn't enter any contests lately I am pretty sure it's just some firm trying to sell something. Timeshare maybe?

Not interested in staying offsite, and I don't do business with telemarketers. I figure if Disney is trying to give me a discount, they will email or snail mail.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
eeyoreforever
DIS Veteran

I got that call about a month ago. Wasn't busy at the time so I thought I'd listen just for the heck of it. It was a timeshare thing and you could choose different destinations. I had a real hard time being serious because they told me you could get tickets for Universal, DisneyWorld OR Animal Kingdom.

I very naively asked if I could get a ticket to DisneyWorld and to Animal Kingdom and they said no, just one or the other.

I finally got tired of listening and told him I wasn't really into theme parks so woudn't be interested. LOL...we go at least once a year.

I don't remember now exactly what the deal was but it cost more than I can book a trip for with my AP and room discounts.
eeyoreforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoreforever View Post
I got that call about a month ago. Wasn't busy at the time so I thought I'd listen just for the heck of it. It was a timeshare thing and you could choose different destinations. I had a real hard time being serious because they told me you could get tickets for Universal, DisneyWorld OR Animal Kingdom.

I very naively asked if I could get a ticket to DisneyWorld and to Animal Kingdom and they said no, just one or the other.

I finally got tired of listening and told him I wasn't really into theme parks so woudn't be interested. LOL...we go at least once a year.

I don't remember now exactly what the deal was but it cost more than I can book a trip for with my AP and room discounts.
That's funny! Thanks for sharing the scoop - I was curious!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
Rachaelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post

The cynic in me wonders if it's a scam by some party trying to pose as WDW and asking for a cc deposit, kwim? But hey, I'd love to be wrong !
It is a scam. Not Disney.
Rachaelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

I just got a call from them, I pressed the "remove from this list" number because I did not have time to talk. Part of me hopes they call back so I can talk to them and get the scoop. I understand it is a scam, but how? Do they ask for your cc number? Is it really a timeshare thing??
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse View Post
I just got a call from them, I pressed the "remove from this list" number because I did not have time to talk. Part of me hopes they call back so I can talk to them and get the scoop. I understand it is a scam, but how? Do they ask for your cc number? Is it really a timeshare thing??
Curiosity killed the cat....just sayin
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
kelso98
Earning My Ears

WDW cellular call

I did take the call and it has nothing to do with WDW. The package includes Orlando, Miami or Daytona, and Cancun or Costa Rica or Dom. Rep. You have to listen to some 90 min I guess time share seminar as well. The guy told me that it was a $5,000 package for $500, but on the website, it was listed for $3,000. The company is called Global Vac Serv and the website is wwmktgcorp.com. I will be calling the company tomorrow b/c it's misleading and the guy I talked to was really rude to me at the end of the conversation. I'm probably going to call WDW to let them know that they are using them for this. The only reason I answer the phone is b/c it said WDW on my phone. Can you say false advertisement!!!
kelso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
Kevin355
Future Disney Employee

Got the call yesterday. Not affiliated with WDW, but they use WDW as a sales pitch. Screw them.
Fort Wilderness Cabins 2010
Caribbean Beach Resort 2009 Martinique
Caribbean Beach Resort 2007 Jamaica
Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 Trinidad South
Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 Martinique
Off-site 1990, 1991, and 2001...never again
My First Visit 1984
Kevin355 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: