Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #3376
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking into a YC Garden View room in 20 days and can't wait!! I hope the weather is warm so we can take advantage of SAB!!! Is there a map of where the garden view rooms might be located at YC? I requested a room close to the lobby.
There is no real current map. Check out page one of this thread for the links that are there of maps. They are old and really don't have the latest and greatest but they do in a pinch. If you can't find them on page one, here are a couple that might help. The first is a satellite view of the area. The second is from the DISZone but it is not accurate with respect to the type of room as it was done years ago before Disney came back and reclassified all the rooms as either standard view (parking lot or roof), garden view (not standard or water), and water view (pool or lake).

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nqv....1&form=LMLTCC

http://www.disneyzone.net/ycresort.htm

If it were me and I wanted a room "close to the lobby" and I had a garden view, I'd ask for a gazebo view. Either put that in your request or do not check in on-line and when you get there ask at the desk where your room is. If you can finagle a gazebo view you can't go wrong.

Have a great trip. That week you are going to be there is the best time to be at the World, especially with all the decorations. Love the train display in the lobby.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #3377
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
There are pool games with music in the afternoons. It's actually a lot of fun for the kids. I do not attempt to relax at Disney pools like I might on some kind of adult beach vacation. There is always the leisure pool if the games are bothering you.
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the kids games won't bother us, I'm more likely to be bothered by loud music. We'll just time our visits to SAB accordingly if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
We spent a lovely quiet relaxing time at the quiet pool this morning. Plus I got 5 loads of laundry clean dry and folded! Happy days!
Now this would normally be me on holiday, but after the Beach Club we are booked into a condo with laundry facilities, so I'm determined to have a laundry free week at Disney.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #3378
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHoodGirl View Post
Today is the day!

Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight. Can't believe it's finally here!!
Have a great time!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #3379
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
Now this would normally be me on holiday, but after the Beach Club we are booked into a condo with laundry facilities, so I'm determined to have a laundry free week at Disney.
Oh, but those laundry machines are so cute, just sitting there by the quiet pool whispering "use me, USE me, you won't have such a big pile back at the condo...."

I don't know what it is with us and vacation laundry. As long as there is a a machine within reach we feel compelled to start doing it. I'm thinking it is the thrill of being able to do ALL of the laundry at once, using multiple machines. Yes, THIS is what it must be.... but then you get down to the laundry room, dragging 100 pounds of dirty stinkin laundry with you and there is always only one machine open anyway. Someone else had the same "do ALL the laundry at once" fantasy and beat you to the open machines.

Usually the one that does the laundry on vacation gets to have the fancy drink while doing it. I'm talking full on, little paper umbrella and chunks of fruit fancy drink! Pretty soon you have spent $17.50 on the laundry and $14.95 on the fancy drink, or umm, two, because those dryers take so long!

Franc, I'm wondering if you will be able to resist the siren call to do laundry at a Disney resort hotel. I also think that if laundry mats back home had a liquor license they would really clean up, so to speak, with all the extra money rolling in (and the customers rolling out!).

~NM
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3380
ksoehrlein
Once (and Future?) CM

Location: Previously seen at POFQ, BC, WL, CSR, OKW, BWV, VWL, POR, SSR, PC, BCV, ASMu, CR, YC, PPH, AKV, ASSp, ASMo & CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Usually the one that does the laundry on vacation gets to have the fancy drink while doing it. I'm talking full on, little paper umbrella and chunks of fruit fancy drink! Pretty soon you have spent $17.50 on the laundry and $14.95 on the fancy drink, or umm, two, because those dryers take so long!

~NM
I think my family needs to institute this policy! Love it.
2011: Goofy Challenge / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
2012: Goofy Challenge / DL Half Marathon (Coast to Coast) / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #3381
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Sandcastle Club ??

How busy is the Sandcastle Club usually? We plan on using it on 4/24/13 and I haven't had a chance to call and reserve a spot.

Our kids used the Cub's Den in July and we had reserved a spot ahead of time and it probably wasn't neccessary because they were the only kids there that night!!!

I will probably call to reserve this weekend if I get a chance but is it neccessary if I forget???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #3382
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
How busy is the Sandcastle Club usually? We plan on using it on 4/24/13 and I haven't had a chance to call and reserve a spot.

Our kids used the Cub's Den in July and we had reserved a spot ahead of time and it probably wasn't neccessary because they were the only kids there that night!!!

I will probably call to reserve this weekend if I get a chance but is it neccessary if I forget???
You should reserve ahead of time if you know that you want to use one of the kids clubs on a particular date. This will give the club a chance to staff appropriately. As in any childcare situation, they must maintain certain child to care provider ratios. If they only anticipate a handful of kids, they may not fully staff, and if they get a lot of drop in, they may need to turn kids away (if a spot a spot is not reserved.)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #3383
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Oh, but those laundry machines are so cute, just sitting there by the quiet pool whispering "use me, USE me, you won't have such a big pile back at the condo...."

I don't know what it is with us and vacation laundry. As long as there is a a machine within reach we feel compelled to start doing it. I'm thinking it is the thrill of being able to do ALL of the laundry at once, using multiple machines. Yes, THIS is what it must be.... but then you get down to the laundry room, dragging 100 pounds of dirty stinkin laundry with you and there is always only one machine open anyway. Someone else had the same "do ALL the laundry at once" fantasy and beat you to the open machines.

Franc, I'm wondering if you will be able to resist the siren call to do laundry at a Disney resort hotel. I also think that if laundry mats back home had a liquor license they would really clean up, so to speak, with all the extra money rolling in (and the customers rolling out!).

~NM
Shhhhhh, don't talk me into doing laundry at Disney!!!!

It's so sad but it's a real novelty for me doing laundry in the US because of the top loaders, we only have front loaders here in the UK (though I do remember my nan having a top loader in the 1970's).

I think I should print out your tip about the fancy drink and leave it around the house for the family to see. They wait on me hand and foot whilst I wash their skinky undies.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #3384
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgy66
Hi - Just thought I would nip on and give a review of our stay at the BC as I found this thread really useful before I went

We spent 2 weeks at the BC from 19/10/12 and I have to say it was FANTASTIC!

The location is second to none as we had a 5 mins walk from our room to the international gateway @ Epcot and then a 20 minute stroll to Hollywood. The boardwalk was opposite so we could nip to the Boardwalk bakery if we didn't fancy what was on offer in the BC market place!

The room was lovely and clean and a perfect location as just outside our room was a door which took us to the quiet pool which all the time we were there there was never more than 4 kids in the pool of which 2 were ours! The hot tubs were great and I spent many relaxing late afternoons in here!

This pool was also next to the Laundry room so we could pop the laundry in and relax by the pool - perfect!

The Disney transport was excellent - the longest we waited was 10 mins and that was when we had just missed a bus to our chosen park so had to wait for the next one. I would say the longest journey was the return from Downtown as this stops at all the Epcot resort busses but it was no big deal.

We return to Disney for 2 weeks the same time next year and have booked to stay at Old Key West. We're coming in a group of 12 but if it was just our family we would be changing our booking so we could go back to the beach club - ah well there's always 2014!!
Glad you enjoyed it, we were there from the UK from 18th October so I bet our paths crossed. We had a room that overlooked the quiet pool which was an excellent location.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #3385
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Monica- I just had to stop by to tell you that that little Cutie in your signature made my heart sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest brightest smile ever!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #3386
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
You should reserve ahead of time if you know that you want to use one of the kids clubs on a particular date. This will give the club a chance to staff appropriately. As in any childcare situation, they must maintain certain child to care provider ratios. If they only anticipate a handful of kids, they may not fully staff, and if they get a lot of drop in, they may need to turn kids away (if a spot a spot is not reserved.)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Just called and made my reservation! Thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #3387
chefmb
DIS Veteran

Just sharing my excitement!

We will be at the BC in 3 weeks. Teena, you've probably answered for someone else, but do expect to work Dec. 2-3, or will you be on your cruise? I know I've missed many pages of this thread-sorry if you've posted this info already!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #3388
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Hurricanes, no electricity, now snow, gas rationing, and cancer.

18 days till Disney. Can't wait and boy do I need a vacation!

Oh, I will be the one trying for this years celeb sighting again really late at night

Teena, I dont know if we will get to see you this time. We leave pretty early on Dec. 2nd.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #3389
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmb View Post
We will be at the BC in 3 weeks. Teena, you've probably answered for someone else, but do expect to work Dec. 2-3, or will you be on your cruise? I know I've missed many pages of this thread-sorry if you've posted this info already!
I return from my cruise on the 1st (Saturday) so I'll definitely be working on the 2nd (Sunday). As of today, they have me working Saturdays and Sundays but I'm not sure if that is going to be permanent or I'll be going back to Sundays and Mondays.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #3390
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Hurricanes, no electricity, now snow, gas rationing, and cancer.

18 days till Disney. Can't wait and boy do I need a vacation!

Oh, I will be the one trying for this years celeb sighting again really late at night

Teena, I dont know if we will get to see you this time. We leave pretty early on Dec. 2nd.
I start at 9:30 AM. Hope I'm not going to miss you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: