Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #1936
psac
DIS Veteran

Some nice BW Grand Villa pictures here.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2008
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #1937
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thanks for posting! I'll be checking in tomorrow. Woo hoo!
Quote:
Some nice BW Grand Villa pictures here.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2008
Thanks for the link. I'll have to put that up on the first page.

I hope you have a great vacation. Will you be able to check in with us from time to time?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #1938
psac
DIS Veteran

I'll write more later or tomorrow. Just wanted to try the Photobucket app first and see how it works.

Panoramic daytime

Nightime

Our room is in this picture.

More View
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #1939
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by garada3 View Post
We ate at the Flying Fish on our first night. We were very excited to try this place as we had read some very positive comments. We were seated in a noisy/busy location, the service was adequate and except for the crab cake appetizer, the meal was overcooked and over-hyped,. We both tried the steak and potato wrapped snapper combo that was being offered and neither of us were impressed. We were disappointed in the experience.
I am really surprised to read this. We were there for 9 days, including your dates and went to FF on our first night. It's become a first night tradition for us. It was so good we went back on another night. They have been one of the most consistently good signature restaurants, in our opinion, for the past 5 years. Hopefully if you ever try it again you'll enjoy it!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #1940
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I'll write more later or tomorrow. Just wanted to try the Photobucket app first and see how it works.

Panoramic daytime

Nightime

Our room is in this picture.

More View
Thank you for the beautiful photos! The new panoramic function on the iPhone5 is great or did you use something else?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #1941
WDWKOOK

Starbucks will replace Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot:

This location will be closed March 2013 through Mid-Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant and cast member costumes will be themed to fit in with the futuristic atmosphere of Epcot. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #1942
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Starbucks will replace Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot:

This location will be closed March 2013 through Mid-Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant and cast member costumes will be themed to fit in with the futuristic atmosphere of Epcot. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
Wth are they thinking?? Can't they just serve Starbucks coffee without taking out the Main Street Bakery and Fountainview Cafe? I cannot believe Walt would approve. Stupid!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #1943
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know specifically which BWI water view rooms have the recessed--and thus restricted view--balconies? I was very disappointed with my first BWI stay in Sept due to this issue. I'm giving it another try for DBF's sake on an upcoming trip, but would like to have a balcony that I can actually see the Boardwalk from. Thanks.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1944
themrsp
Disney Freak!

Check In Parking?

We are staying at the BWI for 4 days before we embark on the Disney Fantasy. My question is about check in parking. We stayed at one of the value resorts last year and when we pulled up to the main entrance, we were told if we were not going to have them take our bags to the room or valet park, we had to park in the "check in parking" area and then drive around to our room. Does the BWI make you do this as well? I was hoping to avoid that since this is a deluxe resort. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #1945
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrsp View Post
We are staying at the BWI for 4 days before we embark on the Disney Fantasy. My question is about check in parking. We stayed at one of the value resorts last year and when we pulled up to the main entrance, we were told if we were not going to have them take our bags to the room or valet park, we had to park in the "check in parking" area and then drive around to our room. Does the BWI make you do this as well? I was hoping to avoid that since this is a deluxe resort. Thanks!
You can either have Bell Services remove your luggage from your vehicle and take it to your room or you can take it yourself. But you cannot park at check in. You have to either stop and unload and then park your car with someone standing by your stuff or park and then haul the stuff from your car to the room. There is no "drive around to your room" at the BW. Everyone enters at the same area.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #1946
Fairy Godmother
Mouseketeer

Room request

My husband and I will be checking in to BWI in 10 days
We have booked a standard room. Is there any room request I should make when I do online check in?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #1947
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

We booked a 3 night stay in a Studio at BWV for next September. I'm so excited!!
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #1948
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Is it January yet?????

No patience...
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #1949
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

In 16 Days we will be back at BWI, Can't wait!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1950
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
In 16 Days we will be back at BWI, Can't wait!

YAY for 16 days Sheila!! You must be so excited!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: