Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.
 
sharadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Limerick, PA
Posts: 6,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl View Post
I am curious- a lot of people say this but I ALWAYS have to pay my room-only reservation in full by 45 days out or they will cancel it. Is this because of a discount code we get?

I like to pre-pay and do all that anyway, but I'm curious to know...
If you add tickets, it's a package even if you don't add dining. If you don't want to pay 45 days in advance then you shouldn't add anything to your reservation and you'll be fine.
__________________
DH (Mike) & Me (Sharon) DS Shawn (19,ASD) DD Lauren (13) Daisy



Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #32
Leajess99
DIS Veteran
 
Leajess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl View Post
I am curious- a lot of people say this but I ALWAYS have to pay my room-only reservation in full by 45 days out or they will cancel it. Is this because of a discount code we get?

I like to pre-pay and do all that anyway, but I'm curious to know...
Every room only reservation we have h only requires us to pay a depost and pay the rest upon arrival. We use the special military rates on the rooms.

OP - I am so glad it has worked out for you.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #33
cori1124
Cori
 
cori1124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 5

If the other 1/2 of your party is not your immediate family having to absolutely-positively travel with you, then I would suggest that they make a reservation at PC right across the bridge. As a matter of fact, AOA was at one time suppose to be part of PC way back when...so even though your rooms aren't side-by-side, your resorts are as close as two can be.
__________________
Cori-Massachusetts

Apr 2013-PC, Oct 2012-WL, Apr 2012-PC, Feb 2012-PC, Dec-2011 YC, Feb 2011-PC, Dec 2010-BC, Aug 2010-POFQ, May 2010-PC, Dec 2009-GF,
Feb 2009-PC, Dec 2008-GF, Aug 2008-POR, Feb 2008-ASM, Dec 2007-GF, Apr 2007-Disney Cruise, Dec 2006-ASMo, May 2006-CB, Apr 2005 ASMo, Dec 2004-ASMo, April 2004-ASMo
cori1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #34
baby1disney
DIS Veteran
 
baby1disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 1,696

OP-sounds like you ended up getting what you wanted which is awesome!! But there's a few people on this thread that I have seen around the boards that always have something negative to say and think that they are holier than thou...so you just have to learn to ignore them. I can see that you're new, being that you only have 3 posts, and like you stated...not EVERYONE knows how and what to look for when booking vacations.

And, if anyone else notice, the OP stated that she was involved with Hurricane Sandy and didn't have any power for a few days...so with that being said...I totally understand why she didn't check it like she should have or why she may have thought that she had until she got home from work. If a company like Disney wants their guests to have something paid in by a certain date or so many days, then it needs to say something along these line:"If you are booking/reserving a hotel room within xxx days, you have seven business days to pay it. If you call on Monday, Jan 12, 20--, you have until Monday, Jan 10, 20-- by 10pm to confirm it or pay for it. If not, your reservation will be cancelled." (I know that's a lot of wording, but I think my point is made) Now if the OP was told this and didn't do what she was suppose to, then by all means this situation is her fault....but I guess we won't know until she tells us what the supervisor has said...
__________________
"Be grateful that Walt's dream is a place that inspires us to believe, feel, and know that magic also lives in us."~~
Me DBF DS(9)
SSR w/DF and family--December 2006
OKWw/DF and DS and inlaws--October 2007
AKV w/DH, DS and inlaws--March 2009
SSR w/Inlaws--October 2010
baby1disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby1disney View Post
OP-sounds like you ended up getting what you wanted which is awesome!! But there's a few people on this thread that I have seen around the boards that always have something negative to say and think that they are holier than thou...so you just have to learn to ignore them. I can see that you're new, being that you only have 3 posts, and like you stated...not EVERYONE knows how and what to look for when booking vacations.

And, if anyone else notice, the OP stated that she was involved with Hurricane Sandy and didn't have any power for a few days...so with that being said...I totally understand why she didn't check it like she should have or why she may have thought that she had until she got home from work. If a company like Disney wants their guests to have something paid in by a certain date or so many days, then it needs to say something along these line:"If you are booking/reserving a hotel room within xxx days, you have seven business days to pay it. If you call on Monday, Jan 12, 20--, you have until Monday, Jan 10, 20-- by 10pm to confirm it or pay for it. If not, your reservation will be cancelled." (I know that's a lot of wording, but I think my point is made) Now if the OP was told this and didn't do what she was suppose to, then by all means this situation is her fault....but I guess we won't know until she tells us what the supervisor has said...
The OP said that the CM told them they had 7 days to pay it, so even without the email they new that they had a to pay by that 7 day marker.

If OP thought they had until they got home from work, they were right! Because it's until 10p on that 7th business day (again, just 2 hours shy of a literal 24 hour day).

Just like anyone else, if Disney shoots out an email and no one calls to say they didn't get it, it would be assumed that it was received.

I think more of the immediately 'your fault' comments were because the OP had blamed Disney's lack of customer service, which wasn't the case.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingtall View Post
The reason I didn't leave a deposit for the other room was because I wasn't asked too and didn't know, the second room was being paid by a relative so that's why I didn't pay it over the phone at the same time I did mine. I goofed up and the fact that I don't travel often just goes to show that I'm not very aware of the hotel policies and stuff, but I also believe disney goofed up by not sending me the confirmation email with my details on exactly when it needs to be paid by.

Some of you need to calm down and realize that not everyone is as experienced as you when it comes to these things, it's not like we purposely sat around and waited until the very last minute to pay.. it was more like busy life, then the hurricane cutting off all our power and realizing the last day to pay was coming up. That's what happened, I'm not blaming anyone and now I know how this whole thing works and glad it was resolved.

Thanks to those of you that provided good feed back and some encouraging support, to those that have all their I's dotted and T's crossed well sorry we can't be perfect and not make mistakes.
Yes, some people are a bit uptight here on the planning end. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingtall View Post
A supervisor put in an investigation on the recording and will call me back on Friday (like I said earlier) I called first thing this morning in case a room has opened up (like they advised I do) and was able to book in the same resort (thankfully). So it was resolved in the sense that I got the room we needed, I don't know whether the agent will still call me back on Friday when they have their results from the investigation and if it is in my favor it wouldn't matter since I have already rebooked a room.

I wasn't looking for any special treatment and do feel the original booking agent was partially at fault by not disclosing certain details and by not sending an email confirmation with the details like she said I would receive.

Either way, I am happy that we have our rooms as the airline tickets had already been purchased.
Glad you were able to book another room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
The OP said that the CM told them they had 7 days to pay it, so even without the email they new that they had a to pay by that 7 day marker.

If OP thought they had until they got home from work, they were right! Because it's until 10p on that 7th business day (again, just 2 hours shy of a literal 24 hour day).

Just like anyone else, if Disney shoots out an email and no one calls to say they didn't get it, it would be assumed that it was received.

I think more of the immediately 'your fault' comments were because the OP had blamed Disney's lack of customer service, which wasn't the case.
The OP said she doesn't travel much. The CM said they'd send an email and she never got one. Disney should be held to the same standard as every other hotel chain. If they say they're going to send an email, they need to follow through.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!
 
waynesgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 1,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you're being asked to pay in full 45 days out, that is most likely a package, not a room-only reservation.

I do think that some time ago if you booked online with certain discounts, they did give a confirmation that said you had to pay in full at 45 days...was it a certain type of discount? This did not apply for bookings by phone, only online.
It is always by phone- that is the only way we can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
If you have had to pay 45 days out, then you had a package. I've used discount codes on room-only reservations and paid the balance at check in with no issues. But like you, I prefer to pre-pay, especially for our longer trips. We had a room-only reservation in May and I paid the last bit of it off right around the 10 day mark.
Nope, room-only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
I have used codes and AP discounts, always pay room only reservation at check-in. I pay a 1 night deposit at booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
If you add tickets, it's a package even if you don't add dining. If you don't want to pay 45 days in advance then you shouldn't add anything to your reservation and you'll be fine.
I am 100% positive it is room-only. I don't buy tickets or anything because I have APs already. But it is mandatory- and has been on every trip I have taken since 2001 (this is our 21st)- that I have to pay in full or I get an email letting me know. I do understand the packages are different but I have only once gotten a package deal because our room-only discount is substantially better.

Again, I don't care because I generally pay it off before the 45 day mark anyway, but this trip in November slipped through the cracks and we got a "reminder" email in October that it was past due and immediate payment was expected (not those words but the general consensus) or the reservation was subject to be changed or cancelled.

Thank you for the responses, and yes, I understand the difference in the package and room-only, but it seems to me that somewhere along the line I'm not getting the same deal....again, don't really care because I try to pay things off (it's one less thing to worry about) but maybe I should inquire when I get to the hotel this time around. However, I don't want to make a fuss but several of our friends use this discount as well and I don't want to mislead them by giving out erroneous information.

OH, and I am sorry for hijacking the thread- I am glad that everything worked out for the OP.
__________________
Trey's Mommy (and for the 2nd time in my life, the Mom of an 21 year old!)
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD21 DD17 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 6/'14-offsite; 10/'14 offsite; 12/'14 ASMu- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #38
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post


The OP said she doesn't travel much. The CM said they'd send an email and she never got one. Disney should be held to the same standard as every other hotel chain. If they say they're going to send an email, they need to follow through.
Who says they didn't? I"ve sent an email to people before and they haven't received it and visa versa. It's email. It happens. That's why they also advise people verbally, give them their due dates, give them their reservation numbers, etc. No one can guarantee an email will be received for any number of reasons. Heck, I've sent myself an email before with a recipe or reminder and it hasn't shown up, or takes so long to get there it ends up having been worthless to send. How would Disney, you, me, or anyone else know that an email was NOT received if no one calls?
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #39
Bribrittmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 515

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've never had to pay in full before arrival for a room only plan, only deposit of one night.
Bribrittmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #40
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bribrittmom View Post
I've never had to pay in full before arrival for a room only plan, only deposit of one night.
Us either, and we wait until check in to be billed, then wait for our credit card to bill us, THEN, we pay in full - gives us a couple months extra.
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #41
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Who says they didn't? I"ve sent an email to people before and they haven't received it and visa versa. It's email. It happens. That's why they also advise people verbally, give them their due dates, give them their reservation numbers, etc. No one can guarantee an email will be received for any number of reasons. Heck, I've sent myself an email before with a recipe or reminder and it hasn't shown up, or takes so long to get there it ends up having been worthless to send. How would Disney, you, me, or anyone else know that an email was NOT received if no one calls?
If this was hotel ABC and they did the same thing Disney did, people would be siding with the OP. There's something about Disney that gives it a teflon finish that makes it immune from criticism. Sorry it's a business like any other. The CM screwed up and didn't follow through with the email.

She would know the email was not received because she would see that it never made it to either her inbox or her spam folder.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #42
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
If this was hotel ABC and they did the same thing Disney did, people would be siding with the OP. There's something about Disney that gives it a teflon finish that makes it immune from criticism. Sorry it's a business like any other. The CM screwed up and didn't follow through with the email.

She would know the email was not received because she would see that it never made it to either her inbox or her spam folder.
I disagree. I'm not treating this any differently than I would any other hotel. I would feel that the OP shouldn't have relied on receiving the email no matter what hotel was involved. They gave her the deadline verbally over the phone. That should be enough.

I'm glad Disney worked it out for her. As PPs have mentioned, the emails are automatically generated. This wasn't something the CM forgot to do. I have gotten emails anytime I book a reservation at WDW and anytime I make a modification to a reservation. Somehow the email didn't get from point A to point B. It happens. I've had it happen on extremely important business communication. Because of past experience, if I'm expecting an email from a client that I don't receive in the timeframe I was expecting it, I will follow up with them. I had a two week delay in a project once because I kept waiting on an email from a client that had gotten lost in cyberspace. I learned my lesson.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #43
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
If this was hotel ABC and they did the same thing Disney did, people would be siding with the OP. There's something about Disney that gives it a teflon finish that makes it immune from criticism. Sorry it's a business like any other. The CM screwed up and didn't follow through with the email.

She would know the email was not received because she would see that it never made it to either her inbox or her spam folder.
You obviously misunderstood.

I'm very aware that the OP would know that the email never came because it wouldn't be in the inbox or spam. That's the point everyone has made... if she didn't get it within a few days, she should have called. At the end of the day, the OP dropped the ball. It ended up working out and that's awesome! But blaming Disney when they aren't at fault is unfair.

Again, the CM does not send the email. It is autogenerated when the reservation is made. Disney or even the CM who you seem to think sends these emails would have no way of knowing that it was not received unless the OP called them and let them know. THAT was my point. As far as Disney knows, the email gets there when it is sent. There are tons of things that can cause an email not to arrive to its destination once it is sent. Disney has no control over cyberspace. This would be an entirely different situation if the OP was not notified of the 7 day rule and the room was cancelled. But she was.

Whether this situation happened with another hotel or Disney has nothing to do with it. Besides, every place I've ever reserved (other than Disney) either requires PIF at time of booking or 1 night room stay at the time of booking. Disney gave a grace period of 7 days.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #44
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
If this was hotel ABC and they did the same thing Disney did, people would be siding with the OP. There's something about Disney that gives it a teflon finish that makes it immune from criticism. Sorry it's a business like any other. The CM screwed up and didn't follow through with the email.

She would know the email was not received because she would see that it never made it to either her inbox or her spam folder.
What are you talking about? Hotel ABC wouldn't be sending me an e-mail with a link to pay the first night's room deposit within seven days. They'd require me to pay the deposit at the time I make tge reservation, and then (attempt to) send me an e-mail confirmation for the entire reservation.

The "she" to whom you refer is the original poster. All she knows is that she didn't receive the proferred e-mail. She doesn't know why, and neither the Cast Member with whom she spoke nor the Disney entity knows (a) that or (b) why she didn't get it. Maybe she didn't give, or Disney doesn't have, her e-mail address accurately.

Teflon? Really? Because Disney goes beyond the industry standard? How about reality.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #45
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
What are you talking about? Hotel ABC wouldn't be sending me an e-mail with a link to pay the first night's room deposit within seven days. They'd require me to pay the deposit at the time I make tge reservation, and then (attempt to) send me an e-mail confirmation for the entire reservation.

The "she" to whom you refer is the original poster. All she knows is that she didn't receive the proferred e-mail. She doesn't know why, and neither the Cast Member with whom she spoke nor the Disney entity knows (a) that or (b) why she didn't get it. Maybe she didn't give, or Disney doesn't have, her e-mail address accurately.

Teflon? Really? Because Disney goes beyond the industry standard? How about reality.
LOL, Disney doesn't go beyond the industry standard. That is reality. It's a nice, fun place to visit but not nicer or more fun than other places.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.