Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #871
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
-HUGS- I am so sorry about your mom. We lost my dad this year. While no one can know exactly how you are feeling, I now have a greater understanding. It hits you at the craziest times. Nothing like checking out at the grocery store and suddenly having a breakdown. Next time someone flips out over something silly, I will understand there is probably way more going on than the stupid self serve checkout not cooperating.

I pray that this is a wonderful time for your family. Maybe they will give the person in the room you need an upgrade and that room will be available when you get to the port. Then it we be pixie dust for everyone.

-Hugs-
Amen to that. I lost my dad almost 9 years ago and it still affects me, sometimes at the oddest moments. It does get easier over time, but you never stop missing your parents when they are gone.

Camtheriot- I hope you get your connecting cabins. I'd trade with you in an instant if I could help you. What about leaving a message for the people who have the cabin that you need and asking them to switch when we board on the 1st? Maybe guest services could help you. As a last resort, I'd put a note for them on their Fish outside their cabin. Maybe they'd see that before unpacking everything and be happy to contact you to switch before we leave port.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #872
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Disney Store sale

Friends and Family event at the Disney Store- 25% off when you use your Disney Visa card. Valid 11/7 through 11/12. DISNEYPAL is the online code and 5525 is the instore promo code.

I haven't searched to see if there is a code to use where you wouldn't need to use a Disney Visa to pay, but there may be one available. In any case, if you have a Disney Visa and have last minute Disney shopping to do, this is your chance!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #873
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
I believe the bracelets are being distributed at the meet up at 3pm on Saturday before the life boat drill.
Thanks for the response. Where is the meeting?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #874
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Thanks for the response. Where is the meeting?
D lounge
Deck 4 midship! Check events on FB
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #875
Time2go2disney
DVC 1999

Last edited by Time2go2disney; 11-07-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Time2go2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #876
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan
D lounge
Deck 4 midship! Check events on FB
Thanks I needed that info too... I only use FB mobile so I can't see events

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #877
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
Thanks I needed that info too... I only use FB mobile so I can't see events

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
You are very welcome!

See you soon.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #878
camtheriot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
-HUGS- I am so sorry about your mom. We lost my dad this year. While no one can know exactly how you are feeling, I now have a greater understanding. It hits you at the craziest times. Nothing like checking out at the grocery store and suddenly having a breakdown. Next time someone flips out over something silly, I will understand there is probably way more going on than the stupid self serve checkout not cooperating.

I pray that this is a wonderful time for your family. Maybe they will give the person in the room you need an upgrade and that room will be available when you get to the port. Then it we be pixie dust for everyone.

-Hugs-
Yes, you are absolutley right... It hits you at the most unexpected times. It's been the hardest thing our family has ever gone through... We are a very close family of 5 children, and a total of 21 grandchildren (so far!!), and we have never experienced a death so close to us! We have truely been blessed! We are hurting more than I can express, but we are also so very thankful for having the beautiful, wonderful, Godly mother we had!! She was always there for us.... I can only hope to be as good a mother as she was

Sorry... didn't mean to go on and on... but, yes... that would be wonderful if they would get upgraded!! I'm going to keep checking every day... You never know what can happen!! Thank you so much for your sympathy

POR March 2013; Disney Fantasy Dec 2012; CBR Dec 2010; Poly May 2010; CBR Sept 2009; Poly May 2009; SSR May 2008
me (the planner), DH ,DS 14 , DD 8 , DS 6 , and DD 2
camtheriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #879
camtheriot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Amen to that. I lost my dad almost 9 years ago and it still affects me, sometimes at the oddest moments. It does get easier over time, but you never stop missing your parents when they are gone.

Camtheriot- I hope you get your connecting cabins. I'd trade with you in an instant if I could help you. What about leaving a message for the people who have the cabin that you need and asking them to switch when we board on the 1st? Maybe guest services could help you. As a last resort, I'd put a note for them on their Fish outside their cabin. Maybe they'd see that before unpacking everything and be happy to contact you to switch before we leave port.

Omg... I am crying just reading the first statement I can't even imagine my mom not being here.. for 9 years.... I know that sounds crazy, but I just can't wrap my mind around that

Thank you for such a sweet gesture!!! I will try those things you suggested (the fish extender note is brilliant!!)... I am very optimistic that everything will turn out just fine in the end. We will all have a great time.. It's probably not that big of a deal being one cabin away anyway... I have settled it in my heart that whatever will be.. WILL BE!! I am ok with it!! Thank you for the hugs!!!

But, on a brighter note...

ONLY 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS LEFT TILL WE CRUISE!!!!

POR March 2013; Disney Fantasy Dec 2012; CBR Dec 2010; Poly May 2010; CBR Sept 2009; Poly May 2009; SSR May 2008
me (the planner), DH ,DS 14 , DD 8 , DS 6 , and DD 2
camtheriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #880
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtheriot View Post
Yes, you are absolutley right... It hits you at the most unexpected times. It's been the hardest thing our family has ever gone through... We are a very close family of 5 children, and a total of 21 grandchildren (so far!!), and we have never experienced a death so close to us! We have truely been blessed! We are hurting more than I can express, but we are also so very thankful for having the beautiful, wonderful, Godly mother we had!! She was always there for us.... I can only hope to be as good a mother as she was

Sorry... didn't mean to go on and on... but, yes... that would be wonderful if they would get upgraded!! I'm going to keep checking every day... You never know what can happen!! Thank you so much for your sympathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtheriot View Post
Omg... I am crying just reading the first statement I can't even imagine my mom not being here.. for 9 years.... I know that sounds crazy, but I just can't wrap my mind around that

Thank you for such a sweet gesture!!! I will try those things you suggested (the fish extender note is brilliant!!)... I am very optimistic that everything will turn out just fine in the end. We will all have a great time.. It's probably not that big of a deal being one cabin away anyway... I have settled it in my heart that whatever will be.. WILL BE!! I am ok with it!! Thank you for the hugs!!!

But, on a brighter note...

ONLY 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS LEFT TILL WE CRUISE!!!!
I lost my Dad January 1st this year and you are correct about it hitting you at unexpected times and 'odd' stuff. My dad was color blind, thought he drove a green car (it was really gold) but that first time I saw a green car after he passed away, I had to pull over to get a hold of myself. Smells and food can do it, something one of my boys says, a joke on the radio (in his style of humor) can knock me right over. The things that you expect, I think you sort of prepare yourself for and while they may not be easy, at least you had some time to prepare. I still pick out the brightest star if I am out at night and talk to him - as he is up there watching over us.

Good luck getting that room!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #881
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Because not everyone has Facebook, or can’t access the full functionality, here are the events that are currently planned/finalized for our cruise:

Fantasy Cruisin’ with Mickey Group Meet
Description: Let's meet up on embarkation day to say hello to one another in person and start our fantastic cruise! Wristbands will be passed out at this meet also.
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012
Time: 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM (before lifeboat drill)
Where: D Lounge on Deck 4 Mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...lubs/d-lounge/

Royal Pajama Breakfast!
Description: Come enjoy breakfast with your fellow cruise mates in your jammies! Because nothing highlights the opulence and decadence of the Royal Court dining room like comfy flannel and feety pajamas!

The actual wearing pajamas is strongly encouraged, but is of course optional. The wearing of appropriate, family friendly clothing is NOT! (Dale, we're lookin' at you here kid)
Date: Sunday, December 2, 2012
Time: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Where: Royal Court Dining Room, Deck 3 mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...g/royal-court/

Lady's Night
Description: Meet up with the ladies of the cruise at Ooh La La
Date: Mondayday, December 3, 2012
Time: 10:30 PM – 1:30 AM
Where: Ooh La La, Europa District on Deck 4 Mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...nges/ooh-lala/

Guy's Night
Description: Meet up with the guys of the cruise at O'Gill's Pub
Date: Mondayday, December 3, 2012
Time: 10:30 PM – 1:30 AM
Where: O'Gill's Pub, Europa District on Deck 4 Mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...es/ogills-pub/

Morning Strolls with Friends
Description: Let's take a walk, shall we? With all the talk of food and weight loss and whatnot, I got to thinking about the fact that I’m going to NEED to make sure I’m getting some exercise in to burn off some of the extra delicious calories I’m going to be enjoying on this cruise. My plan has been to make sure I get some walking time in down on the walking track on deck 4. Trouble is, I KNOW how easy it is for me to talk myself out of exercise! So, I thought maybe, if anyone else was interested, we could plan a few “Strolling with friends” meets on-board. If other people are expecting me to arrive, I will be more likely to honor my commitment to others than I am to just doing what’s good for me on my own. Does this appeal to anyone else? Particularly on Sea Days when we won’t have excursions and such to get us off our butts?
Based on the general comments to the original post, we are proposing 2 times (sessions) to walk around the Deck 4 walking/running track: 6am and 8am. This will be very informal – just show up if you’d like to participate. We can meet up in/near the Vista Café on Deck 4 – it’s near both the walking track AND the “real coffee” Once the designated time hits, we’ll hit the track. Runners can run together, walkers can walk, whatever suits people’s needs and tastes. If you show up late, just wait near one of the doors until the group laps around and join in!

(I thought about making this Sea Days only, but not everyone is doing excursions, so if you WANT to participate on Port Days, the offer is out there)

Date: Daily, Sunday December 2 – Friday, December 7
Time: 2 sessions – 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM
Where: Deck 4 walking track – meet at Vista Café Deck 4
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...es/vista-cafe/

Those are the ones I know of official. If/as more are added, I will update this post.

Last edited by WonderlandsMostWantd; 11-14-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Add events
WonderlandsMostWantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #882
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

This is for people participating in the 1st and 2nd FE

Please remember if you did not have your cabin number when you sign up to send to me
When you get it. This is so I can put on the FE lists.

1st FE
Tara & Michael
Joellen & Dennis

2nd FE
Rita & KK
Tanya & Jim
Doug & Tara
Marcia & Greg
Stephanie & David
Stephanie

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #883
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

This is for people participating in the 1st and 2nd FE

Please remember if you did not have your cabin number when you sign up to send to me
When you get it. This is so I can put on the FE lists.

1st FE
Tara & Michael
Joellen & Dennis
Tom & Marilou

2nd FE
Rita & KK
Tanya & Jim
Doug & Tara
Marcia & Greg
Stephanie & David
Stephanie

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #884
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
Because not everyone has Facebook, or can’t access the full functionality, here are the events that are currently planned/finalized for our cruise:

Fantasy Cruisin’ with Mickey Group Meet
Description: Let's meet up on embarkation day to say hello to one another in person and start our fantastic cruise! Wristbands will be passed out at this meet also.
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012
Time: 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM (before lifeboat drill)
Where: D Lounge on Deck 4 Mid-ship

Royal Pajama Breakfast!
Description: Come enjoy breakfast with your fellow cruise mates in your jammies! Because nothing highlights the opulence and decadence of the Royal Court dining room like comfy flannel and feety pajamas!

The actual wearing pajamas is strongly encouraged, but is of course optional. The wearing of appropriate, family friendly clothing is NOT! (Dale, we're lookin' at you here kid)
Date: Sunday, December 2, 2012
Time: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Where: Royal Court Dining Room, Deck 3 mid-ship

Morning Strolls with Friends
Description: Let's take a walk, shall we? With all the talk of food and weight loss and whatnot, I got to thinking about the fact that I’m going to NEED to make sure I’m getting some exercise in to burn off some of the extra delicious calories I’m going to be enjoying on this cruise. My plan has been to make sure I get some walking time in down on the walking track on deck 4. Trouble is, I KNOW how easy it is for me to talk myself out of exercise! So, I thought maybe, if anyone else was interested, we could plan a few “Strolling with friends” meets on-board. If other people are expecting me to arrive, I will be more likely to honor my commitment to others than I am to just doing what’s good for me on my own. Does this appeal to anyone else? Particularly on Sea Days when we won’t have excursions and such to get us off our butts?
Based on the general comments to the original post, we are proposing 2 times (sessions) to walk around the Deck 4 walking/running track: 6am and 8am. This will be very informal – just show up if you’d like to participate. We can meet up in/near the Vista Café on Deck 4 – it’s near both the walking track AND the “real coffee” Once the designated time hits, we’ll hit the track. Runners can run together, walkers can walk, whatever suits people’s needs and tastes. If you show up late, just wait near one of the doors until the group laps around and join in!

(I thought about making this Sea Days only, but not everyone is doing excursions, so if you WANT to participate on Port Days, the offer is out there)

Date: Daily, Sunday December 2 – Friday, December 7
Time: 2 sessions – 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM
Where: Deck 4 walking track – meet at Vista Café Deck 4

Those are the ones I know of official. If/as more are added, I will update this post.
I do not spend a great deal of time on Facebook so I admit it - I am totally out of the loop. Has there been any discussion of a cabin crawl / room tour? Anyone interested? Might be fun to see how all the cabins look on the new ships.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #885
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
I do not spend a great deal of time on Facebook so I admit it - I am totally out of the loop. Has there been any discussion of a cabin crawl / room tour? Anyone interested? Might be fun to see how all the cabins look on the new ships.
I've never heard of such a thing, but I am intrigued!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: