Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #2131
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

LMP- My spect scan was kinda an abundance of caution thing, they thought that they kind of maybe saw something, and wanted to be sure. When does your DH get back? I will be praying for you.

Got referred to a reproductive endo yesterday...wonder how many people have two different endocrinologists!

Do you guys have trouble with dry skin since your thyroidectomy? Anyone found really great products to help with that?
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #2132
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Just saw that Brooke Burke announced she has thyroid cancer.

I always hate reading the media blurbs on this. The "famous people" always sound so ridiculous. She didn't sound too bad but I think she exaggerated how big her scar is going to be.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #2133
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Do you guys have trouble with dry skin since your thyroidectomy? Anyone found really great products to help with that?
I have had dry skin since way before thyroid cancer so I can't blame it on that. It only gets worse as I get older.

I use straight-up Vaseline on my face. I let it sit on there for a few minutes and then blot off the excess before bed so my pillow is not disgusting. In the morning, I reapply after washing face. I let it sit there again while I get dressed, put my hair products in. Then I wipe it off fully and apply my makeup. It is the ONLY think that keeps my face from flaking.

For my body, I buy the tub of Cetaphil cream at Costco and slather it on after each bath/shower. Only thing that keeps me from itching.

I'm a mess.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #2134
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Just saw that Brooke Burke announced she has thyroid cancer.

I always hate reading the media blurbs on this. The "famous people" always sound so ridiculous. She didn't sound too bad but I think she exaggerated how big her scar is going to be.
Yeah a straight up thyroidectomy is a pretty small scar...I can't believe she found out in July and waited this long. I wanted it OUT.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #2135
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Micayla - I hope you like the repro endo. I am sure that is going to be a journey in itself. My cousin did all that too.

I saw about Brooke too. Hmm, maybe she will post annon. on thyca?

My skin problems are always pimples . I t never ends. I feel like a teenager in an old lady body

My skin doesnt itch too much.

And on the hurricane front, my one ds scored gas yest, dh is coming home today and its his rationing day so he can get some. Another ds got some but only had $20 on him. Its still a worry. My one ds is doing a food drive helping our church for a mission on sat. at a grocery store etc.

My infusion is Mon. The worst side effects could be the high fever and dillusional for 2 days again but she said I shouldnt get those side effects again. Hmm, almost like the thyrogen shot.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #2136
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Yeah a straight up thyroidectomy is a pretty small scar...I can't believe she found out in July and waited this long. I wanted it OUT.
She also stupidly said that thyroid cancer is the good cancer to get. What an oxymoron.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #2137
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
She also stupidly said that thyroid cancer is the good cancer to get. What an oxymoron.
Geez, not that again.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #2138
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Well I showed my dh the papers from the emergency room too. He is as confused as me. He also noted it kept saying decrease in size while they quoted exact numbers that showed an increase in size. We will see what the dr. says tomm.

Meanwhile, the ds have been oh so nice to me. I guess they dont want to add to my already stressed out stuff.

Oh and I thought my dh was going to stay with me. Oh no, he said he is dropping me off because he has a meeting with someone at the univ. for a project he is working on. This is actually a day he is off from work, not one he even took off. Umm, not like he was just gone for a week, such is my life. I guess I will just listen to what the endo says etc.

I already told him about the vacation. He always wants to sleep in late etc. I cant blame him as its his actual vacation, but I like to get up and out early and that just never happens. Its so annoying. I am not a rope drop person but I like to get there 10 ish and with him its always no earlier than 11 etc.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #2139
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Back from the endo. I did not get the infusion because they are not doing any infusions in the office anymore. I have to go to an infusion center which she filed out the paperwork for me for. It was a scene as dh was being obnoxious to the nurse and embaressing me in the waiting room. When they took my bp it was 175/110 I told the nurse I was going to see the dr. because I had papers from the er that needed to be discussed. Dh kept saying you are a scared bunny, I need to advocate for you etc. I said I can advocate for myself and shut up etc.

When we finally saw the dr. She said she had to go call the radiologist and page her. She then came back and said..get this. It was a typo!! It was not 2.3 which showed an increase. it should have been .23 and the radiologist is correcting my record immediately. Dh did say, what a difference a decimal point makes.

The endo does not like the heart stuff and filled out paperwork for me to be seen by cardiology. So those are next. Oh and after I told dh to shut up they took my blood pressure again and it was 110/75. He said it was because I got good news. I told him no it was because I told you to be quiet. So now my new rule is, if you are not going to be quiet and since I dont have a car to take myself anywhere then he needs to stay in the waiting room. Gheesh, this is more stress I dont want to deal with.

Well at least the trip is almost here. I made the reservations for the wheelchair and towncar this morning. I am still on the fence about MVMCP. Dh does not enjoy it. I would like to go. He would just ruin the time by saying how expensive it is etc. We shall see.

Micayla - do you have an appt. with the repro endo yet? Wishing you all the best.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #2140
mrsklamc

Oh my gosh to put you through all that from a typo! At least it wasn't bad news.

The first appt they had was Dec 17 and I told them I could take it, but that my job is very flexible and if they have any cancellations I can make it there at the last minute. She said "Oh, Ok! I will put you on that list then. We probably can get you in earlier." I was surprised how optimistic she sounded, but I haven't heard from them so far.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #2141
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

freaking here in hospital

Imet with my edicronologist who put me in touch with a surgeon her husband had had his thyroid cancer removed with i came here to the hospital monday for removal of my th yroid t oday is Thur and i am freaking out because said my calcium levels havent come up why he told me when i came very small persentagle have that happen i want to go home my kids are at home with my husband have problems with my oldest says hes fine but when i phoned home he was not pleasant been here on my own so fed up does this happen nurse upset me by telling me havent seen doctor since yesterday shall i get new doctor when out has upset my neighbour dropped me off monday been alone since didnt tell my mum in london not strong so hope ok by weekend to talk to her
Tanzanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #2142
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanite View Post
Imet with my edicronologist who put me in touch with a surgeon her husband had had his thyroid cancer removed with i came here to the hospital monday for removal of my th yroid t oday is Thur and i am freaking out because said my calcium levels havent come up why he told me when i came very small persentagle have that happen i want to go home my kids are at home with my husband have problems with my oldest says hes fine but when i phoned home he was not pleasant been here on my own so fed up does this happen nurse upset me by telling me havent seen doctor since yesterday shall i get new doctor when out has upset my neighbour dropped me off monday been alone since didnt tell my mum in london not strong so hope ok by weekend to talk to her
meant problems with husband not son my sons very good with my younger twins
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #2143
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanite View Post
meant problems with husband not son my sons very good with my younger twins
By the way the scar not very big my doctor used a glue and it wont be very noticable the doctor said my thyroid was massive
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #2144
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Hang in there Tanzanite. Unfortunately sometimes the levels do not come up.

Did they tell you that your parathyroids were damaged during surgery? Sometimes if they are moved etc. they do not reimplant very well. I know one of our posters Jenn has had this problem. She has to take calcitrol. Maybe she can chime in and answer more.

Do you have drains in right now? My surgeon also said my thyroid was huge. My one tumor was 12.5 centimeters. The biggest he has seen I think he said with my type of cancer. I also had another 4 cent. tumor on the L side of my neck.

It does get better. But its a journey, so just take it one step at a time. Its been 3 years for me. We all handle things in our own way in order to deal with it. My faith brings me a lot of comfort.

Wishing you all the best. Blessings to you. Feel free to ask anything and hopefully someone can chime in and help you.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #2145
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

thyroid

Ihad a completly taken over thyroid by cysts and goiters they said the thyroid gland went deep in to my chest since i was in my teens had so mant biopsys and radioactive scans and my doctors could not biopsy every one to so she suggested surgery they were growing bigger every year but not cancerous they told me after thyroid removed they said i had lost one of the para glands need to talk to him i am waiting on doctor to come back to see me been two days since i saw him i did not understand how serios low calcium is said i could go home but go emergency room if had tingilng have to talk to doctor. m y nightmare is my poor kids have to stay with my husband hes a nightmare but no choice hope i will know something soon thanks for your support ive been here on my own since Monday my freind offered to bring kids to hospital but not wanting to get them sick before holidays so they havent seen me in 5days i miss them but better for them

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: