Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #916
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

It would be nice if the dates come out before the 10% deposit promo ends...I don't know about you guys but a little extra cash to have during the holiday season is always nice! I am constantly checking for these dates, I have my TA on alert, checking forum boards, blogs, and of course the dcl website.

Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #917
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Is there something about the 10% deposit and $25 stateroom credit for online booking up on the DCL website? I'm not finding it.

I saw mention of it on another site, but that mentions that the $25 online booking credit is only for new bookings by 12/16/12 for itineraries through 12/31/2013. The 10% deposit is listed as new bookings made by 12/12/12 for any DCL cruise.
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #918
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Is there something about the 10% deposit and $25 stateroom credit for online booking up on the DCL website? I'm not finding it.

I saw mention of it on another site, but that mentions that the $25 online booking credit is only for new bookings by 12/16/12 for itineraries through 12/31/2013. The 10% deposit is listed as new bookings made by 12/12/12 for any DCL cruise.
It doesn't seem to be listed on the site yet but if you go through the motions of booking a cruise, you will see that it applies the " E booking OBC offer".

And since this offer is only good for 2013 dates right now, unless they extend it, this promotion is not valid for 2014 cruises or for previously booked cruises. You need to book a brand new cruise by December 16th, 2012 that sails from now until December 31st,2013 to qualify. (Just like you said )

Come on 2014 dates!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #919
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to see what they do - come on DCL
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #920
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Losing business??

I keep hearing about people checking out other cruise lines due to the perceived delay in releasing 2014 dates.... I wonder how many people will be going with these alternatives...
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #921
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

I have my plan B cruise already planned...NCL Epic, I know the date of the sailing all the ports, and can get a balcony for a great price right now (yes, yes I know that NCL is not as good as DCL, but my last three cruises have been with NCL and we love it!). It is taking a lot of will power for my to continue holding out until the 2014 dates are released. It will still ultimately depend on pricing for me though, I won't be able to convince the BF that we should spend twice as much for an inside cabin on DCL (hoping to snag a good price on opening day). DCL would be a dream come true for me though, so if 2014 is not in the cards certainly my next cruise will be with them!

Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #922
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink So Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post
I keep hearing about people checking out other cruise lines due to the perceived delay in releasing 2014 dates.... I wonder how many people will be going with these alternatives...
Hi there,

I am one of a number of DCL fans on this side of the atlantic who have simply decided to give up, we spoke so many times to DCL about the possibilities of returning with the Magic after drydock in 2013. DCL have simply said wait out, we even said just say "no" and we can then plan our vacations later that year in a different way, they simply refuse to answer, even when a banner was held overboard during a recent Dream cruise. O'well our daughter is no longer doing every cruise with us after this year and we are know looking at other cruise lines and spending pounds/dollars, we are not alone, at a transatlantic meet in London earlier this year many of us are up in arms about it. It's not the fact that it's not happening , it's the lack of effort DCL put into communicating with it's customers. I think DCL will start to have a hard time soon, well it's all ready happening, they simply can fill ships and they need too. We are cruising 3 times with DCL in the next year after that we shall be looking at other cruise lines. Would it have hurt them to say no?

We even contact DCL via facebook and comment on the DCL blog, for a company that prides itself on customer service, it's a poor show, and we all know that pride comes before a fall and in my opinion that's where DCL are headed. For whatever reason since the delivery of the new ships they simply don't seem to be the same in either future planning or customer experience. I am aware not all people feel the same, but these are our thoughts from 5000 miles away.

Last edited by StephenKay; 11-08-2012 at 04:58 AM.
StephenKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #923
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenKay View Post
Hi there,

I am one of a number of DCL fans on this side of the atlantic who have simply decided to give up, we spoke so many times to DCL about the possibilities of returning with the Magic after drydock in 2013. DCL have simply said wait out, we even said just say "no" and we can then plan our vacations later that year in a different way, they simply refuse to answer, even when a banner was held overboard during a recent Dream cruise. O'well our daughter is no longer doing every cruise with us after this year and we are know looking at other cruise lines and spending pounds/dollars, we are not alone, at a transatlantic meet in London earlier this year many of us are up in arms about it. It's not the fact that it's not happening , it's the lack of effort DCL put into communicating with it's customers. I think DCL will start to have a hard time soon, well it's all ready happening, they simply can fill ships and they need too. We are cruising 3 times with DCL in the next year after that we shall be looking at other cruise lines. Would it have hurt them to say no?

We even contact DCL via facebook and comment on the DCL blog, for a company that prides itself on customer service, it's a poor show, and we all know that pride comes before a fall and in my opinion that's where DCL are headed. For whatever reason since the delivery of the new ships they simply don't seem to be the same in either future planning or customer experience. I am aware not all people feel the same, but these are our thoughts from 5000 miles away.
VERY well put!

I've said previously, we sailed other cruise lines and compared prices and there is a huge savings going with other lines and the pricing and way they do first day bookings on Disney is nowhere near improving. Any other cruise line does not have their prices shoot up after one day on the market the way Disney does. There is no need for it and they know it, but also know people will book anyway. They can prevent that horrific tier pricing, but don't have any interest as they know it will make people jump on the bookings early. When we booked our HAL Alaska cruise last year, their pricing opened in January and as of April the prices were virtually the same, not thousands more!

Just my opinion, but I find Disney's method of communication, booking procedures and pricing to be very tiring any more and I don't need to sail on them that bad that I have to pay thousands more. I miss them and they will always be our home cruise line, but enough is enough

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #924
deanimal
DIS Veteran

I agree totally with those who are starting to get frustrated. For me the recent spate of itinerary changes/cancellations is close to being a deal breaker. I understand that things may have to change once in a while, but to just change a whole cruise after people have made plans, booked airfare etc is just a horrible way to treat your customers. (I'm thinking of the Dec 2012 Mexican cruises and the spring 2013 Galveston changes especially). What's the point of waiting so long to release dates when they will just change them anyway if a certain cruise isn't bringing them enough $$$$$?

I'm days away from booking our spring 2014 cruise on another cruise line, and if all goes well we may stay away for good. Sure, we love the Disney magic, but I agree that its getting to be a little less magical and these itinerary delays and change tactics are only part of it. We can always take the money we save and use it for cabin upgrades or another trip to the parks!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #925
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic
I have my plan B cruise already planned...NCL Epic, I know the date of the sailing all the ports, and can get a balcony for a great price right now (yes, yes I know that NCL is not as good as DCL, but my last three cruises have been with NCL and we love it!). It is taking a lot of will power for my to continue holding out until the 2014 dates are released. It will still ultimately depend on pricing for me though, I won't be able to convince the BF that we should spend twice as much for an inside cabin on DCL (hoping to snag a good price on opening day). DCL would be a dream come true for me though, so if 2014 is not in the cards certainly my next cruise will be with them!
NCL is our alternative cruise line of choice too. So much fun, and a fraction of the cost! We are looking at Epic, Pearl, and Dawn for 2014. Possibly the Sun if we decide to try a southern instead of Western.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #926
DionneEvette
Earning My Ears

I am thinking of booking somewhere else for 2014 also. Who do you like better? NC or Royal? Why? I sailed with carnival before and I really dont want to book another cruise with them. I hate to leave DCL, but I have to plan now .

Me , DS (14), DD (4), DD (2)
DionneEvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #927
chateau
DIS Veteran

If DCL are waiting to release, due to many people in NY and NJ being without power, I can appreciate that. Those poor folks have gone through a lot... it'd be another blow to think they missed out on the opening day because of the mess also. What would be really cool is if DCL SAID "we're waiting for some of our valued customers to have some things back in order before we release 2014 dates".... I'd totally get that, if it's something else, like some kind of PR or marketing ploy... BOO!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #928
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionneEvette View Post
I am thinking of booking somewhere else for 2014 also. Who do you like better? NC or Royal? Why? I sailed with carnival before and I really dont want to book another cruise with them. I hate to leave DCL, but I have to plan now .
I would recommend visiting cruisecritic.com for lots of info on other cruise lines.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #929
DionneEvette
Earning My Ears

I have been spoiled by DCL. For those of you that have said you are going with someone else (2014), who?...why? Royal or NCL?

Me , DS (14), DD (4), DD (2)

Last edited by DionneEvette; 11-08-2012 at 10:33 AM.
DionneEvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #930
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
If DCL are waiting to release, due to many people in NY and NJ being without power, I can appreciate that. Those poor folks have gone through a lot... it'd be another blow to think they missed out on the opening day because of the mess also. What would be really cool is if DCL SAID "we're waiting for some of our valued customers to have some things back in order before we release 2014 dates".... I'd totally get that, if it's something else, like some kind of PR or marketing ploy... BOO!
There were rumors of delayed release well before Sandy, so I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with it! The recent changes in itineraries seems to point at some business decisions being struggled with. I am looking forward to our first DCL cruise in January! I hope it is worth all of the cost for our family since we have saved and sacrificed to go. I have concerns about the declining customer service, however...
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: