Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #796
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

They have some fantastic cupcakes at DL! My two favorites are the Black Forest cupcake at the Village haus in Fantasyland and the lemon honeybee cupcake at the Hungry Bear in Critter Country!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #797
MarieShedsky
Earning My Ears

Best Chocolate PB?

So in everyone's opinion who's tried them, which chocolate PB cupcake is the best? Main Street Bakery, Boardwalk, Contempo or Starring Rolls?
Of course if they no longer offer it at Boardwalk I guess that makes a difference, but I'm looking for the best one to get while I'm there and since I'm not on the dining plan I need to be selective
I'm usually more of a brownie person (unless the cake is super moist) but hearing about all these cupcakes makes me want to try one!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #798
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

So while technically not AT Disney, here's a "cupcake" I made for my blog using a Disney recipe. Turned out beyond awesome.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buckle from Cinderella's Royal Table.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #799
Bonnie151
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post

So while technically not AT Disney, here's a "cupcake" I made for my blog using a Disney recipe. Turned out beyond awesome.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buckle from Cinderella's Royal Table.
Oh my word, where did you get the recipe?!?!

Yes I can spell, but my iPad quite often thinks I'd rather type gibberish.
Bonnie151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #800
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie151 View Post
Oh my word, where did you get the recipe?!?!
I got it from a friend at WDW and they told me how they served it back in the day and the evolution of the recipe when I was getting the Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich recipe for my blog. But it's also published in one of the cookbooks.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #801
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieShedsky View Post
So in everyone's opinion who's tried them, which chocolate PB cupcake is the best? Main Street Bakery, Boardwalk, Contempo or Starring Rolls?
Of course if they no longer offer it at Boardwalk I guess that makes a difference, but I'm looking for the best one to get while I'm there and since I'm not on the dining plan I need to be selective
I'm usually more of a brownie person (unless the cake is super moist) but hearing about all these cupcakes makes me want to try one!
It seems like they change the cupcakes around so much- you never know who is going to have what. But I think Starring Rolls is pretty consistent.

BTW- if you are at the BW- try the Brownie Cheesecake LOL

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #802
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

Be Our Guest Strawberry Cupcake- we had this at the CS lunch last week and we LOVED it. It's not too dense, just fluffy enough and the icing was superb. so good.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #803
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

Triple Chocolate Cupcake from Be Our Guest Restaurant.

It was so dense and decadent. The chocolate they use is rich and just simply amazing. If you are a chocolate lover you will have got to tryt this cupcake.

I know this isn't a cupcake but I had to share the Chocolate cream puff...amazing!!!! Again, the chocolate they use is very delicious!

I also had to share our Grey Stuff Yes, it's delicious!!

Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #804
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

can't insert picture

Quote:
I LOVE brownies, but the only brownie I've liked at Disney World (so far) was in the Brownie a la Mode at Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club. I did not like the brownie at Karamell Kuche.

Here's the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake from Main Street Bakery. I liked it. I haven't tried it anywhere else. I've been to Boardwalk Bakery many times in the past few years, but I have never seen them there. I've never been to Contempo. I've only been to Starring Rolls once, and I got the Butterfinger Cupcake. Sorry I can't help you with a taste test on this one.

Last edited by Best Aunt; 11-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #805
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
The peanut butter cupcake at the Boardwalk was AMAZING, although sadly I don't think they've had it in awhile. I haven't tried the one at Contempo, but I have heard that one is fabulous too! I did like the one at Main Street, but it wasn't as good as at BW.

If you're looking for brownies, Captain Cook's at the Polynesian and Roaring Fork at the Wilderness Lodge have some deeeelicious ones.
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #806
MarieShedsky
Earning My Ears

Mmmmm...

Thanks for all the good suggestions! I might just have to try them all... 'Course they might have to roll me back home!

Not a cupcake, but has anyone had the paw print brownie? Looks deeelicious. (Can y'all tell I like sweets?)

I have had the standard birthday cupcakes at Disney and wasn't too impressed but now that I'm "in the know" I can't wait to go sample some more!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #807
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Oh my word

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #808
maggiemoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Oh my word
I agree, these make my Pop-Tart for lunch look pitiful
maggiemoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #809
tink2044
DIS Veteran

Starring Rolls

tink2044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #810
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

[/QUOTE]

um...WOW! Pretty sure I'm going to gain about 10 pounds despite all the walking on our trip b/c I'm going to make it a point to eat every one of these I come across!
Tigerlulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: