Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
Did you actually book something with them in advance or did you just ask them some questions? We're planning to visit on our upcoming cruise, but thought we just needed to take a taxi there and purchase what we wanted (chairs, activities wristband) when we got there, and didn't think this was anything to book in advance.
Do not book in advance. You can take the taxi there and get whatever you want there. That way if the weather is crummy or you just don't feel like a beach day, you are not obligated!

You can take a cab and get anything you want there. Costs--transportation is $15 PER CAB each way + tip. This is not per person, it is per vehicle. Chairs are $2; umbrellas are free--just pick a chair that is by an umbrella. All "non inflatable beach toys" bracelet is $12 per the dis (we paid $10, but seems it has increased). Food and drinks are available. The cab drivers will try to sell you a "package" that may include a lot of stuff you don't want. The package can be a good deal if you want what it includes, but be sure you understand them and are getting what you want.

I'm convinced that the taxi drivers get kick backs from some locations and/or are paid for things like selling the packages. I KNOW one driver told us to be sure to tell the guy at the register that he brought us "because I bring him the people and he buys my gas for me." That's fine if it works for you, but don't let them talk you into something you don't want. And their English tends to be as good or as bad as they want it to be at any given moment. I'm not saying that I'm expecting them to speak English, after all, I'm a guest in their country. However, I find it irritating that they only understand me when they want to.

When looking at a package, figure $12 for toys, $2 for chair, and ? for each person's share of the transportation. Then look at what else is in the package they are pushing and be sure you know how to contact them to get back to the ship. $20 for a package that includes transportation is good.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

Lots of great info here,thank you again all!!! I am getting so excited!!!!

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Does Paradise Beach have sand toys for the kids? like shovels and buckets?? or are they sold on the boat?? we have some from this past summer but they are all torn up.
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: