Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

DCL online survey

We received an online survey from DCL this morning. It was very specific to our Oct 27 Fantasy cruise and asked if/how we knew the ship had been delayed because of the hurricane, and whether the info from DCL was helpful. ahem. The airline had sent us text messages about our delayed flight (non-Sandy related) the day before, but DCL wasn't nearly on the ball as they coulda shoulda been.

The DCL web site promised to give us an 8 a.m. update on the 27th, but they didn't. Got tired of waiting and went back to the DIS boards for better info.

in response to the survey, I told DCL they didn't update their web site as promised and that I got more up-to-date, detailed info from the DIS boards, posted by disembarking passengers. That probably didn't score me any points with DCL, but it is what it is.

They also asked how many cell phones we took with us and whether they were smart phones or Droid. They also wanted to know if we had an I-pad with us on the cruise.

They asked if the $$$ for the onboard Internet was a good value.

DCL also wanted to know if we would be interested in using an ATM onboard for a nominal(?) fee of course. Since DCL prides itself as a cashless society on their ships, we're accustomed to using the KTTW cards and really don't use a whole lotta cash, except small bills when we're in port. If we needed $$$ to tip for room service, we'd need smaller bills than what comes out of an ATM.

One area I thought they "exceeded expectations" was the decor in all three main dining rooms. So much nicer than any other ship we've been on.

I didn't whine (too much) about the food, but did mention that the breakfast pastries could be better.

i gave them neutral ratings for the quality of CC membership perks. They didn't give me a "fill in the blank" space to whine about the recently-reduced perks.

Maybe I should have mentioned that they need to release the 2014 dates, but they didn't give me that option.

Last edited by jdb in AZ; 11-08-2012 at 12:33 AM.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
codex57
Earning My Ears

I guess it wasn't a general survey, but one targeted towards very specific issues.
codex57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: