DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
ljcastro18
Earning My Ears

Cool Club 33

I was invited to buy a membership from club 33, the only membership they are offering is a platinum which is 25k initiation fee and 10k annual fees, any members out there who could tell me if it is worth it?, is there also a similar club in WDW? or only in Disneyland?

thanks for your input!

ljcastro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Wow, you have a rare opportunity indeed. I'm not certain what all comes with a membership but DW and I were able to eat at Club 33 once as a guest of a member. The food was wonderful, the service fantastic, and the chance to be in a place where Walt entertained his guests? To Die For!

If you are near DLR and young enough it might be worth it. The opportunity to go there for us was likely once in a lifetime. I know when we went as guests of a member the park admission was waived. Just getting into the park certainly has value, but I don't know how often a member can exercise that option.

If we were young and had the bucks, the 25K has some appeal, but the 10k dues each year is very steep. Any chance to write some of this off as a biz expense?

For lottery winners it's a no-brainer.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
ljcastro18
Earning My Ears

Club 33 benefits

This is the letter I got naming the benefits

Thank you for you interest in Club 33! Below is an overview of the Platinum Membership.
Please note: depending on your Membership initiation date, some benefits and annual dues will be prorated.

Platinum Membership:

*Personalized itinerary planning with Club 33 Member Services
*Exclusive and spécial accès expériences within the Disneyland Resort
Club 33 Restaurant in Disneyland Park exclusive
1901 in Disney's California Adventure Park exclusive
Magic Mornings
Five VIP Tours per year
Hotel upgrades & concierge lounge access
Six immediate use FastPass tickets per visit to Disneyland
Complimentary valet parking

*Four Disney Premier Passports
Providing Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort access
includes all eight theme parks across both properties
No block out dates
Applicable dining and merchandise discounts

*Complimentary tickets and discounted tickets
Fifty complimentary tickets
20% discount on additional Disney Premier Passports or Premium Annual Passports
20% discount on additional tickets for guest use

*Club 33 Merchandise

*Acces to spécial évent dinners and events
Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Sammie
DIS Veteran

It's only at Disneyland. Did you get in on your recent October visit to Disneyland? I know you had asked about buying a reservation for dinner for a sick relative.

Last edited by Sammie; 11-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

We had a family membership several years ago, but the costs were quite a bit less then. After awhile the annual dues weren't worth it for the number of times everyone went, so the membership was dropped. College friend of mine said it was the same for her family. GL!
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Oh you are so lucky! I've only been a guest of a member once, but wow if I had the means, I'd jump on it.

"Fifty complimentary tickets"...that's per year, by the way, from what I understand.

Even if you don't use it constantly, you can make trusted friends and family happy by letting them dine there. I know I sure was happy when my friend let me! Just make sure all the adults in the party know the cost; it nearly made my husband faint. I'd *told* him it's the price of a one day ticket to Disneyland per person, but he had a VERY outdated idea of how much a one day ticket was worth, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
RSi
"Think, think, think."

To determine if the initial investment of $25,000 plus the pro-rated $10,000 (and then another $10,000 at the end of this year for the next year's dues) is worth it really depends on how you plan to use the Club 33 benefits. Currently, virtually all of the Club 33 benefits are available only at DLR. There are some perceived benefits at WDW, but those benefits and discounts are from having the Premier Passports. Still, if you were to add up the total dollar value of all of the Club 33 benefits, it could be worth more than the current annual dues.

So, here's a few questions for you:

1. Can you use all four Premier Passports? If it's just you and your spouse or significant-other, you'll only be using two of the four Premier Passports, unless you know two other close friends or family members that could use them. The Premier Passports are also good at WDW, giving you all of the benefits and discounts that a regular Premium Passport would. One cool benefit of your Premier Passport card is its uniqueness (the front is black with the Club 33 logo in platinum in the center.)

2. Do you live close enough to DLR (or have business trip opportunities) to make use of most of the special events and dinners? Will you be satisfied with dining at Club 33 or using the 1901 Lounge the few times you're in town?

3. Will you use all five VIP tours offered per year? You could always allow anyone you invite to use your VIP tours, even though you're not in DLR with them.

4. Do you think you'll use all 50 complimentary park-hopper tickets offered per year?

5. When you visit DLR, do you typically stay at an on-site DLR Hotel? If not, you will not be making use of the hotel upgrades and concierge lounge access. Even if you don't stay on-site, you will still have complimentary valet parking, available early magic morning entry, and the six immediate use FastPasses per visit.

And the most important question: Will you be satisfied even if you DON'T use ALL of the benefits offered?

Of course, only you can answer these questions for yourself and your family. Hope this helps you decide if the Club 33 membership is worth it.

Please post what you ultimately decide to do. Good luck!
RSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

It really depends. I know they are having trouble selling the platinum level to the waiting list because of the cost.

Most of the benefits can be purchased. For instance concierge guests at the hotels get reserved seating for WoC.

I'd add up what you think you'll use in say the next 3 years and assign a dollar value to each item.

Would I do it? If I had no debt and an extra $25,000? Probably.

Next trips:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

COMMON Annual Meeting
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Not that I'm suggesting or encouraging this...BUT

Could a member sell/auction some "guest" invitations to folks to help defray costs?

When we were guests of a Club 33 member she simply made a reservation with our names and we checked in at guest services to get park admission and entrance to the restaurant. We didn't know her personally, but through a common biz contact she was kind enough to get us in.

Just askin'
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post

Could a member sell/auction some "guest" invitations to folks to help defray costs?

When we were guests of a Club 33 member she simply made a reservation with our names and we checked in at guest services to get park admission and entrance to the restaurant. We didn't know her personally, but through a common biz contact she was kind enough to get us in.

Just askin'
According to this thread, no, and the member could lose their membership if they did.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44246666
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
ljcastro18
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your comments I have decided that I am going to do it!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcastro18 View Post

Tell us about your first visit; we all want to live vicariously through you! (I am among those who if I had the resources to spare, would sign up in a heartbeat!)
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post

Just askin'
I know people that have 1 membership and share it. It's not publicized, though of course. Yes its forbidden, but to be honest if they offered me a chance to "buy in" I would as well.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #14
jdubs808
Mouseketeer

The benefits are very attractive. If you have the means and the desire, do it. Congratulations on moving forward on it. I want to become a member one day too.
3/2011 Wonder/Disneyland
6/2009 Disneyland
6/2005 Disneyland
8/2004 Disneyland
1/1984 Disneyland
5/1976 Disney World
jdubs808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcastro18 View Post
Congratulations! That is awesome -- enjoy it!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: