Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #136
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love the Beach Club and those cute little rooms when you walk into the villas are so adorable.

So the Captain P missions sound like they are pretty similar to the old missions. Oh well, I'm sure they are still fun.

Cute picture of you in the mirror.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #137
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Snackage around the World

On this particular Disney day, we had a late reservation at the Rose and Crown for dinner.

You know how late dinners can be. Its at a really nice place, so you REALLY want to be hungry, but then there's such a long time to wait - and there are so many delicious things at Disney to eat...

When we finished up our Agent Perry mission in England, we still had some hours to go before dinner, so we decided to while away the time with a Snacking Around the World ADVENTURE!!!

Since we would be sampling British fare later in the evening, we decided to start our culinary quest in FRANCE.

Because theres no better place to start eating than a Patisserie. Thats just a fact.

Cue the choir of heavenly angels. Just look at all the golden, flakey, beautiful BREAD.

SO. We decided to split a few savories and a sweet.

Normally you think of the Patisserie (or at least I sometimes do!) just for the desserts, but they actually have some really amazing lunch-ish options. This lovely mass of toasted bread and cheese is called a cheese tartine, and it pretty much is exactly what it looks like: a nice piece of bread piled high with delicious cheese. They toast it up for you to make the cheese melty, and it is absolutely delish!

THIS was the ham and cheese croissant, and although Im not a huge fan of ham/meat, this did trump the tartine for me. The cheese on the tartine was good, but the cheese on the croissant was gourmet. My taste buds arent super sophisticated, but they can tell the difference between regular good cheese and ZING super delicious gourmet cheese.

DEEEESS-ert! We got a very generously sized cup of chocolate mousse the four of us split it, and we all had a very nice portion, definitely a good value. Oh, and it was light and airy and chocalty delicious too. I should mention that.

Just fyi, all three of the items we got counted as snack credits Patisserie definitely a good place to use those!

As you may have been able to tell from the above photos, we ate our snack sitting on the ground inside the Gare (thats French for train station the dump shop for the movie is themed after a train station). Yes, we were that family. Just sittin on the floor. Hey, it was a hot day and nice as that heat sounds now on a chilly, November day, we definitely needed the AC on that day!

It was nice to be off our feet for awhile as well as to cool off. After snack stop number one, we stopped outside to take some French photos.

This is Athos and I trying to be fancy and French.

So I have to show you the shirt I was wearing, because it was so well themed for our snacking expedition:

I found it at Property Control for $5 I never even saw it when it was in the ordinary shops, but I love it! It has a food for every country in World Showcase. They just need to make a dessert edition of this shirt and then Ill REALLY be in heaven!

But our French fanciness was definitely not at an end.

Mom and I had been planning to try for our very first times the infamous grey goose slush!

SO. We walk up to the French alcohol booth, and my mother says to the cute French fellow manning the booth, We dont drink.

Which just made me laugh.

Mostly because its true.

ANYway, we ordered one grand marnier orange grey goose slush, but explained that we intended to share it, and could we get a second cup?

The nice CM offered to give us our grey goose in a larger, ordinary cup (instead of the martini glass) so that there would be more to share; but apparently he couldnt give us a second cup because they have to count them at the end of the day and it has to tally up with how many drinks theyve sold I guess its because theyre alcoholic drinks? He said we could grab an empty cup from any counter service place though.

After some deliberation, we decided that actually we would prefer the fancy martini glass over volume, and our CM immediately understood. Its fancy, he said.

He was so nice. And did I mention he was super cute?? If he wasn't from across the world, I would totally have pulled a Call Me Maybe.

OK, I'm kidding. If you know me, you know I totally could never do something like that.

My mom's Mrs. Bennet reflex had apparently also kicked in, because as we were walking away she said that she would have gotten his number for me if he had been from Orleans (a French city I love - it's like a smaller, cleaner, safer version of Paris) but he was from Lyons.

I'm not kidding. If you know my mother, you know she totally could and would do something like that.

We strolled along towards Morocco, taking turns sipping our grey goose, which did taste just like an orange creamsicle smoothie, as I had always been told. It was very tasty. And all the tastier because it had been served in a fancy martini glass.

As we passed the Tangerine Café we decided we had to continue our culinary tour. We tried some cashew baklava, and Dart and Athos got a tangerine slush to try. We ate our snack in one of the cool, exotic alcoves at a mosaic table. I felt like someone in a spy movie...

The boys apparently didnt get the memo that we were doing spy faces for this photo, thats ok.

Seriously, the Morocco pavilion has so many neat details and corners!

In case you wondering, the cashew baklava was a success but the tangerine slush was a wash out too icy and too little flavor.

Dart made a wish before we continued on!

Next up was, of course, Japan. Because thats the only country that makes SENSE to come after Morocco.

Of course, we had to stop for a browse in Mitsukoshi! I have this thing where, when I wish I could buy something but cant, I take a photo of it instead and then feel like I own it a little bit. somehow.

So without further adieu, here was my imaginary Mitsukoshi haul...

Arent these watches adorable??

Dont even get me started on the stationery...

...and the bags...

...maybe I'll ask Aramis to get me this one for Christmas. It was so cute!

I love all the random sayings on the bags and stationery: Hundreds of dreams come true for you. I was wondering how you are - I dreamt that I was a white cat.

Outside Mitsukoshi we spotted a mini Merida!

We were making the full World Showcase tour, so we went on through America and Italy and Germany and the African Outpost...

I think it was in Africa that I spotted these crocs...I wish these came in my size!

Soon we were sniffing the flowers in Norway...where we decided to stop for another quick drink, and a tall glass of water!

What to choose?? We ended up with a troll horn (with lingonberry cream...I guess cloudberries are out of season?)

UP NEXT: Dinner at the Rose & Crown + Illuminations!!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 11-21-2012 at 02:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #138
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK
I love the Beach Club and those cute little rooms when you walk into the villas are so adorable.

So the Captain P missions sound like they are pretty similar to the old missions. Oh well, I'm sure they are still fun.

Cute picture of you in the mirror.
The BC definitely has some cozy corners! I do wish they had changed up the missions a little more, but the new Phineas and Ferb graphics are fun.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #139
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

What a nice way to spend an afternoon in the WS. I almost always forget that the patisserie is back there in France, maybe when the remodel it done it will be more front and center.

I LOVE the slushies in France, although I'm partial to the Grey Goose lemonaide. I think its funny you opted for the martini glass, since I always ask that they put it in a regular cup. You guys are probably less clumsy than me, I always end up spilling it when it is in the martini glass.

Looking forward to your Rose and Crown review
Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #140
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Oh, the snacks in the World Showcase . . . so many to try . . . so little room in my belly!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #141
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
What a nice way to spend an afternoon in the WS. I almost always forget that the patisserie is back there in France, maybe when the remodel it done it will be more front and center.

I LOVE the slushies in France, although I'm partial to the Grey Goose lemonaide. I think its funny you opted for the martini glass, since I always ask that they put it in a regular cup. You guys are probably less clumsy than me, I always end up spilling it when it is in the martini glass.

Looking forward to your Rose and Crown review
MMMmmm...I love that Patisserie. It is a little tucked away, but it often seems to have a long line! lol - I'm plenty clumsy, I just liked the fancy glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Oh, the snacks in the World Showcase . . . so many to try . . . so little room in my belly!
I KNOW! You always have to budget your stomach space when it comes to World Showcase!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #142
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Love your review so far!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #143
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Snacking around the world looks so fun! I LOVE that shirt. It's too funny.

I totally get what you mean about 'pretend' buying some things.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #144
eeyorefan107
Mouseketeer

Joining in!! I'm having a wonderful time!

Counting down the days until our next Disney Trip!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #146
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love your T shirt. That is so cute.

A ham and cheese croissant is a snack credit? Wow. Can I just say wow. And nothing better to wash it down than a slushy.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #147
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I so love your trip report! Your writing has me laughing out loud! Waiting for more!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #148
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
Joining in! Love your review so far!
Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Snacking around the world looks so fun! I LOVE that shirt. It's too funny.

I totally get what you mean about 'pretend' buying some things.
haha...I know, it's so bad, pretend buying. Sometimes I'll think about getting a skirt at Target or somewhere but not ultimately buy it, and then whenever I see someone else wearing it out and about, I'll be like "Hey! I pretend-own that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefan107 View Post
Joining in!! I'm having a wonderful time!
I'm so glad you're enjoying it!!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #149
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
My DD has some of those pink Mickey Crocs. She loves them. Especially at night since the Mickey heads light up each time she takes a step.
OH MY GOODNESS. I want them even more now that I know they light up. That is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love your T shirt. That is so cute.

A ham and cheese croissant is a snack credit? Wow. Can I just say wow. And nothing better to wash it down than a slushy.
Thanks! And I know, I was amazed to -- there are some really great value's out there for snack credits if you know where to look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I so love your trip report! Your writing has me laughing out loud! Waiting for more!
Awww, thank you so much! And WELCOME!! I'll definitely have an update Monday...possibly sooner.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #150
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Joining in (a little late)

I'm loving your TR so far!
So jealous of all your resort hopping, what a great line up!

We had a similar bus driver experience leaving the parks one day.
He must have been new as he took quite a few wrong turns and started taking up out of property rather than back to POP!
He managed to loop back around and figure it out eventually though and everyone had a good laugh about it.

So excited to hear about the rest of your trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: