Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Geez...very far behind Kim on my take on the trip....I think I left off finishing dinner at Artist's Point. We then headed back to our hotel to take the transport over to HS and the race. We got there about 1/2 hour before the start and saw a mass of people. We went over to the starting line to try our best to see if we could catch a glimpse of Kim and Sean. I kept texting Kim to find out where they were....we actually found them 2 minutes before they started but some un-Disney like woman wouldn't let me get close enough to call to them...if you see the upturned visor...that would be Sean

They started the race and we went into HS to enjoy the bash. Kim said they should return around the 1 hour 45 minute mark. When we entered the park, we checked our where the finish line was so we knew where to go back to. Then we went and did the Toy Story Ride ( I had never done that one before.) It was really cool. Then we went in search of race memorabilia...even though we weren't in the race we were experiencing a first time event. We picked up some pins and visors. We then started hearing them cheering for the first people to start coming back. They had set up a DJ right under the Sorcerers Hat and the runners had to run through there to get to the finish line. We decided to stake out spots there to catch them when they passes. Some other runners:

Well we waited there for about 45 minutes and Jim was standing in an awesome spot to get photos. My camera was freaking out with all the weird lighting. Well Kim and Sean come running by and I called to them, but they didn't hear me and I turn and I see Jim staring down at his camera...:confused Having no idea that they just ran by. I was so angry at him... he missed the photo op...

After some choice words, we went to greet them as they exited the finish line and went with them while they changed...then we got this photo

We all went on a few rides and all pooped and tired we went back to our respective hotels, knowing that tomorrow would be DCL day.,,,,YEA

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: