DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #916
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

Hi everybody, Thanks for all your advice on our first Vero Beach trip. we spent 3 wonderful days there the first week of October. When we left to head to Old Key West, the family was was disappointed and would have liked to stay for the rest of the week. This was a big family trip with 3 generations. We had originally planned on a two bedroom, but when we found out that the second bedroom had a sofa bed (even in the dedicated units) we switched to three standard rooms in the main building. This ended up working out fine for us. Here is a video of our trip and I think it gives a good account of the resort. the first 7 minutes or so are of Vero Beach, the second half are of Old Key West ending with a bike ride from OKW to Saratoga Springs. Make sure to choose the highest resolution available.

Fixed Link: http://youtu.be/nqnOXUwvjm4

Last edited by dwelty; 10-29-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #917
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
Hi everybody, Thanks for all your advice on our first Vero Beach trip. we spent 3 wonderful days there the first week of October. When we left to head to Old Key West, the family was was disappointed and would have liked to stay for the rest of the week. This was a big family trip with 3 generations. We had originally planned on a two bedroom, but when we found out that the second bedroom had a sofa bed (even in the dedicated units) we switched to three standard rooms in the main building. This ended up working out fine for us. Here is a video of our trip and I think it gives a good account of the resort. the first 7 minutes or so are of Vero Beach, the second half are of Old Key West ending with a bike ride from OKW to Saratoga Springs. Make sure to choose the highest resolution available.

Enjoy! http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=nqnOXUwvjm4

So glad you had such a good time!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #918
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
We are thinking of taking a day trip to visit VB during our next WDW trip (in 2 weeks). The family wants to visit in the future (May 2013), so since we (just the 2 of us right now) are in WDW for 2 weeks starting Oct. 12, we are/were thinking of driving to VB for the day. We thought we would have a nice lunch (recommendations please) and visit the beach area. I did see on the DVC website that pool hopping is allowed, though not sure if we want to do that, but might pack our suits anyhow. Has anyone done this recently? Should we bring beach towels? We will be staying at the BWV, so we can prove we are WDW guest. Can we access the beach? Since this next trip is a long one, we certainly have the time to visit. I tried to read this thread, but it's huge and it seems almost everyone loves their stay here.
Just an update. We justed returned from our trip to WDW and did manage to take a day trip to Vero. I called Member Services the day before to see what the procedure was for day visitors. They put me on hold and came back and told me to check in at the front desk and show my BWV room card and they would take care of me and issue me a day pass. So we headed out the next day and did exactly what they advised and it worked perfectly. We checked in at the desk and while the CM wasn't sure what to do, the manager was standing there and stepped up and took care of us. She took my BWV room card and came back with a keycard that said "day pass" written on the back. She gave us a map, and lots of other info on the resort. She told us that we could get towels with our day pass if we needed them. We had no problem accessing the beach or pool. We did find out the Shutters was no longer open for lunch so went up to the lounge and had a nice lunch there. Rain moved in for about an hour, so that pretty much changed our pool hopping plans. We stopped at Shutters and a manager came out and talked to us about the dining options and gave us a menu and suggestions. He also told me that my TiW care was accepted there at all of the places (which was a nice surprise). He also gave us his card with the dining reservation number on it so we could call and book the Thursday buffet. We headed back to WDW around 2:00PM. We were happy to visit even though the rain cut our visit a little short. All of the CMs were extremely nice and helpful. We are planning to visit in May for a few days with the family.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #919
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Hi all. Have read thru part of the thread and have a question. Has anyone walked/ran/biked the jungle trail? I'm training for the Princess Half and this weekend calls for 5miles I see an easy way to get to the start ; less than a mile from the resort. Also can you rent bikes and take them on this trail? My kids might want to join me on bikes. We are checking in Friday and leaving Sunday. Any other cheap activities that might be fun for a 16 & 12 year old? We're on a budget and could only afford this with my husband's cm discount. Thanks
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #920
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Hi all. Have read thru part of the thread and have a question. Has anyone walked/ran/biked the jungle trail? I'm training for the Princess Half and this weekend calls for 5miles I see an easy way to get to the start ; less than a mile from the resort. Also can you rent bikes and take them on this trail? My kids might want to join me on bikes. We are checking in Friday and leaving Sunday. Any other cheap activities that might be fun for a 16 & 12 year old? We're on a budget and could only afford this with my husband's cm discount. Thanks
Yes, you definitely can rent bikes and go on the Jungle Trail. My DH and I did this and really enjoyed our morning. You should check out Sebastian Inlet State Park, they may have some programs running that your boys would enjoy.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #921
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

I was just looking at Hurricane Sandy pictures online and saw some that showed a lot of beach erosion at Vero. I was curious as to whether or not the resorts sustained any damage.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #922
Murron
Murron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
I was just looking at Hurricane Sandy pictures online and saw some that showed a lot of beach erosion at Vero. I was curious as to whether or not the resorts sustained any damage.
I'm interested also! Anyone have news?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #923
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

Bumping to first page.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #924
Traveler14
Earning My Ears

I would be interested in hearing about the beach and resort too.
June 2012 Vero Beach
Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #925
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx
D

I just left DVB this morning...I was there since before Sandy hit.
The buildings and grounds of the resort made it through just fine (aside from the expected leaf litter from sustained winds of about 50 MPH). The beach did suffer some errosion, but no where's near as bad as in other past storms. The ramp access to the beach is closed and will need some grading work before it can be re-openned...but there are stairs you can use on the other side of the shed where you'd rent beach chairs (you'll still need your KTTW card).

Other observations - shutters is now closed for lunch FYI - and (disappointing to me) there is no longer any room service .

During Sandy we got hardy any rain...it was a "wind event" with some gusts upto 70MPH in my estimation. Once it passed the weather's been fantastic 80F and sunny..ocean temp 78F.....I noticed less observance of Halloween at the resort this year....for example the departments did not do their usual pumpkin carving contest....But Super Goofy & Daniel Duck did visit

Another great stay....but I'm thinking of making some calls about the room service (a decision not made by the resort).

HTH

Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #926
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Doesn't seem we have any takers on 2013 thread. I've decided to not lock the thread, it just won't be maintained. At least this way the thread can live or die on it's own.

Last edited by DisDaydreamer; 11-09-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #927
ajkmom3
Earning My Ears

Roll Call

We're booked for 1/16-1/19/13. Visit #3 for us, then off to The World. Can't wait!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #928
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkmom3 View Post
We're booked for 1/16-1/19/13. Visit #3 for us, then off to The World. Can't wait!
Go it

Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #929
Murron
Murron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCconvert View Post
D

I just left DVB this morning...I was there since before Sandy hit.
The buildings and grounds of the resort made it through just fine (aside from the expected leaf litter from sustained winds of about 50 MPH). The beach did suffer some errosion, but no where's near as bad as in other past storms. The ramp access to the beach is closed and will need some grading work before it can be re-openned...but there are stairs you can use on the other side of the shed where you'd rent beach chairs (you'll still need your KTTW card).

Other observations - shutters is now closed for lunch FYI - and (disappointing to me) there is no longer any room service .

During Sandy we got hardy any rain...it was a "wind event" with some gusts upto 70MPH in my estimation. Once it passed the weather's been fantastic 80F and sunny..ocean temp 78F.....I noticed less observance of Halloween at the resort this year....for example the departments did not do their usual pumpkin carving contest....But Super Goofy & Daniel Duck did visit

Another great stay....but I'm thinking of making some calls about the room service (a decision not made by the resort).

HTH
Thanks for the update!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #930
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update, and yes that is very disappointing to hear about the room service.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: